Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mannimango
    • By Mannimango 21st Feb 17, 10:52 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Mannimango
    PCM Ltd county court claim form on a residential estate
    • 21st Feb 17, 10:52 AM
    PCM Ltd county court claim form on a residential estate 21st Feb 17 at 10:52 AM
    Dear members,

I hope you are all well.

A few days ago I received a county court claim form from Gladstone solicitors on behalf of PCM UK Ltd in regard to a series of contraventions (5 in total) dating back to mid to late last year. I would discard the initial ticket and all subsequent reminders and demands went to my permanent home address, which I visit maybe twice a year. My dad, who is 82, would receive these letters and throw them in the bin (we have the same initial). I made a visit back home this weekend and luckily stumbled on the Northampton claim form. I have just sent of the acknowledgment section attached to the claim form, but am currently at the stage of being overwhelmed (by the sheer volume of material on this forum) and of the prospect of going to a local county court to defend my position. Below is a summary of my particular situation, in the hope that some of you generous souls can guide me through this process.

I rent a two bed apartment on a residential estate where there is a painful lack of car parking spaces for any family that has more than one car. My wife has taken the designated car parking space and I patrol the estate looking for off street spaces. Last year there was new development on our estate that was in the process of getting built. I, along with many others, found a convenient spot alongside the wooden partitioning that separated the new development from the local public. There was a period during this time of no signage > UK PCM signage > back to no signage. I assume that I accumulated my parking tickets during the time where there was signage, although I am fairly certain that a portion of those tickets were when there were computer printed signs, laminated and fixed to the wooden boards. Unfortunately, I did not take any photographic evidence to support this, so I cannot back this up. What I can say is that now there are no PCM UK Ltd signs at all around the estate.

Do I have a case to defend my position, and if so, what would you advise including in my defence?

Many thanks
Page 2
    • Mannimango
    • By Mannimango 11th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mannimango
    Hello, I just need a quick bit of advice before I submit my intial defence for Monday.

1. All correspondence to date has been sent to the wrong address. Should I state the correct address in my letter to the Northampton CC?

2. Should I send a copy of my defence to Gladstones, or is a single copy to Northampton sufficient?

Many thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 48,997 Posts
    • 62,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Only send the initial defence to CCBC, they then provide that to the Claimant. Yes, state the correct address and also email Gladstones to give that to them and insist they update their records and those of their clients.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mannimango
    • By Mannimango 13th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mannimango
    Thanks CM.
    • Mannimango
    • By Mannimango 24th Mar 17, 9:38 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mannimango
    I sent my defence within the deadline by recorded delivery.

Yesterday, I received a county court judgement stating that they had not received my defence and that I had to pay within 30 days to have my CCJ removed. I find it ludicrous and very hard to believe that Northampton haven't received this. I called them up and they were predictably unhelpful. Unfortunately, through sheer bad luck and carelessness, I have misplaced my Post Office receipt and barcode which means I cannot track down my delivery. I went back to the Post Office and they said they did not keep records of deliveries and I phoned customer services and they said the same. I'm not sure what to do. I spent most of yesterday in a seething rage, but now I have to make a decision as to what to do. I lot of hard work and stress was put into putting my initial defence together. Any advice is welcome.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Mar 17, 1:48 PM
    • 48,997 Posts
    • 62,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Oh dear, spend the weekend searching for that vital receipt and then on Monday phone the court again and ask them to confirm when the defence arrived (because you know it will have...). Keep the pressure on the court.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,670Posts Today

8,663Users online

Martin's Twitter