Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • Joolz307
    • 26th Sep 07, 4:20 PM
    • 26th Sep 07, 4:20 PM
    Hi,

Im really sad to see that there are no Turkish destinations on the Flightchecker.

Why is that?

Thanks.
    Julie x
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 26th Sep 07, 5:32 PM
    • 8,107 Posts
    • 42,239 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 26th Sep 07, 5:32 PM
    • 26th Sep 07, 5:32 PM
    The FlightChecker only includes the destinations that the airlines fly to. If we're missing any (its possible we've not tracked all - but we try) or there are any budget airlnes you'd like added in - just let us know.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Nordictat2
    • 26th Sep 07, 5:59 PM
    • 26th Sep 07, 5:59 PM
    I didn't see Stavanger, Norway on that list either. I know norwegian.no goes to Edinburgh, London Gatwick and Stansted

Ps. Martin...I agree that Annie was great on LK Today show(as were you hehe)..Love her to bits
    *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button*
    • mumtaz
    • By mumtaz 26th Sep 07, 11:33 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mumtaz
    • 26th Sep 07, 11:33 PM
    Budapest
    • 26th Sep 07, 11:33 PM
    Hi
    I have been searching tonight for budget airline flights to Budapest in March. I discovered that Ryanair goes there from both East Midlands and Liverpool - but neither of these routes is currently showing up on the new Flightchecker - or it could be me!! The only routes I could see were from the south, nothing at all from the north.
    Hope this can be resolved soon as I think the Flightchecker is brilliant!
    Cheers!:confused:
  • Jonjulie
    • 27th Sep 07, 8:18 AM
    • 27th Sep 07, 8:18 AM
    Cant see a Tenerife on the Liverpool one either.
  • sallandpaul
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:04 PM
    Can you help??
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:04 PM
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.. looking to book some flights to alicante this evening.. flying from the London area and this will the first time i will have booked flight only. On flight checker it says you can pick and mix you flights.. does this mean I can say depart from London Stansted, but arrive back from Alicante at London Luton if this means I can save a few hardearned pennies? If so then would it matter if I booked it as return flights or would this have to be both "one way" journeys? It just soooo confuzzleing and I just don't want to make a booboo

Thanks for your time in advance!
    Last edited by sallandpaul; 27-09-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 28th Sep 07, 3:25 PM
    • 17,625 Posts
    • 7,160 Thanks
    richardw
    • 28th Sep 07, 3:25 PM
    • 28th Sep 07, 3:25 PM
    For Alicante look at www.easyjet.com/en www.flymonarch.com www.ryanair.com www.teletickettravel.com www.thomsonfly.com www.mytravellite.com www.firstchoice.co.uk

Sometimes a few pennies saved can cost more in extra pennies getting to and from the airport, sometimes the total travel cost is cheaper going from your nearest airport.
  • Joolz307
    • 1st Oct 07, 9:40 AM
    • 1st Oct 07, 9:40 AM
    Martin,

For cheap flights to Turkey I use www.aegeanflights.com

But Im always looking for cheaper ones!! LOL!!
    Julie x
    • GH
    • By GH 1st Oct 07, 2:44 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    GH
    If you want to see who flies where in Europe (no fares unfortunately) this site is very good: http://www.belvedair.com/fr/transports/avions/avions.htm though it may not be completely up to date.
  • haynes
    Im hoping to go back to Italy end of May next year but the flight checker doesnt allow me to go that far ahead. Ive looked at the budget airline sites too but cant come up with any good deals. Ive just returned having booked about 2 months in advance and got a really good deal.

I thought that flights were cheapest the earlier you booked, but is it too early?

Its also school hoilday time then, will that make a difference?

Is it possible to get a cheap flight now or do i need to bide my time and see if any deals come up?

Advice much appreciated.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Oct 07, 1:38 PM
    • 17,625 Posts
    • 7,160 Thanks
    richardw
    Shame that the flight departure times are now omitted, it can cost a lot extra to get to the airport in the very early morning, the flight may be cheap but a taxi isn't because there is no public transport very early in the morning to the airport.
    • borntoshop
    • By borntoshop 17th Oct 07, 9:05 AM
    • 1,960 Posts
    • 41,272 Thanks
    borntoshop
    I would like to see Waterford Republic of Ireland added.
    With Aerarran flying between Birmingham and there. Plus the Luton/Waterford, they now have prices maybe not the "Flights for a Fiver" but certainly bargains.
    Can it be added?
  • upekshapriya
    Manchester to Lisbon isn't offered as an option even though the flight is offered direct by Thomsonfly. Any reason why?
  • judithmvp
    Use of Flightchecker
    Hi there,

I am new to this site and love it. I am looking for a couple of different timed return flights to Cyprus and found some great ones on flightchecker. Details there point to Mytravellite but when I click to go to their site that site says that they are not flying in the winter months and therefore the flights do not exist.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
  • clareclive
    flight checker
    does anyone know when the flight checker covers july/aug 08,
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 22nd Oct 07, 8:56 PM
    • 9,541 Posts
    • 6,944 Thanks
    Crabman
    does anyone know when the flight checker covers july/aug 08,
    Originally posted by clareclive
    It will depend on when the airlines release their fares - the flightchecker works by scanning the airlines own flight listings & prices, so if the airlines don't have them available, our flightchecker won't either...
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly & I can move & merge posts there. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• bobbybee2
    • By bobbybee2 22nd Oct 07, 11:48 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    bobbybee2
    Previous information
    Is there any way of getting a dump of previous prices for a particular route and airline. I'm thinking specifically for Ryanair to Tampere from Stansted.

Previously they have lowered there prices approximately 2 months before Christmas, but for the rest of the year it's about 1 month before departure.

Would it be possible to get a dump of previous data, so that I could verify this.

Obviously it varies depending on the number of seats sold, but there is a definite point at which Ryanair cut the prices.

Many thanks

Bobby
    • El Rey
    • By El Rey 23rd Oct 07, 1:33 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    El Rey
    Can you please add Liverpool to Tenerife (Ryanair) and Liverpool to Lisbon (easyjet?) Thanks.
  • boldaslove
    why can't i search for flights to barcelona and marrakesh from manchester? there are plenty of budget airlines who fly that route :confused:
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

914Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin