Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 20th Feb 17, 3:42 PM
    • 35,340Posts
    • 45,485Thanks
    McKneff
    Cancelling Sky.
    • 20th Feb 17, 3:42 PM
    Cancelling Sky. 20th Feb 17 at 3:42 PM
    So if i cancelled Sky what would i have left after the contract ended .
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
Page 1
    • katkin
    • By katkin 20th Feb 17, 3:51 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 7,141 Thanks
    katkin
    • 20th Feb 17, 3:51 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 3:51 PM
    Hi, I'm not sure if is the best forum to ask about Sky contracts. Maybe someone better versed will come along soon with advice.
    • Ginmonster
    • By Ginmonster 20th Feb 17, 4:11 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    Ginmonster
    • 20th Feb 17, 4:11 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 4:11 PM
    We did it recently and as long as you've either got a smart TV or a freeview box you will have all the free channels. If you have a smart TV you should also be able to get all the catch-up apps like iplayer on your TV.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 20th Feb 17, 4:12 PM
    • 16,616 Posts
    • 41,671 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 20th Feb 17, 4:12 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 4:12 PM
    I'd ask for the thread to be moved to the TV Moneysaving board, there seems to be threads about Sky on there.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 20th Feb 17, 5:51 PM
    • 18,108 Posts
    • 41,330 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 20th Feb 17, 5:51 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 5:51 PM
    Your Sky box will still work to receive all the free to air channels, you don't need a smart TV or a new freeview box, your Sky box becomes a free view box

If you still want to be able to record the Free sat channels you can pay Sky £10 a month to retain this feature, or buy a freeview box with recording function.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Techno
    • By Techno 20th Feb 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,029 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    Techno
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:41 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:41 PM
    Or tell them you are leaving and they will offer a sweetener of some shape. DH refused to give up Sky Sport so told them we were going and have got our current package for 60% off - still too expensive but he likes it
    If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 20th Feb 17, 7:46 PM
    • 9,208 Posts
    • 17,359 Thanks
    zippychick
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:46 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:46 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm a Board Guide of Old Style MoneySaving, The Northern Ireland board,How Much Have you Saved? and Martin's Blogs.
    This means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Quins76
    • By Quins76 20th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Quins76
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    • 20th Feb 17, 7:47 PM
    Just contacted sky about my £94 p/m bill.
    Said I'm not happy with the amount.
    Followed all martins tips and tricks on how to haggle within ten minutes boom down to £67.39 per month. With exactly the same package.
    Probably would have more reduction but had to go back to work.
    Its well worth it people.
    • Goldfynche
    • By Goldfynche 16th Jun 17, 3:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Goldfynche
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:04 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:04 PM
    A word of warning to anyone cancelling Sky! Make sure the person you talk to gives you a cancellation reference number!
    I spoke at length to a representative at Sky who asked loads of questions, tried to plea bargain but eventually accepted that I wasn't going to change my mind.
    The only thing he didn't do was give me the reference number. So 5 weeks later when I telephoned Sky to ask why I was still receiving them. I was told that they had no record of my cancellation request! Whether this was a genuine mistake or a ploy to get one more months subscription out of me, i'll never know. But be warned!
    When a man says he will do it. He will!
    He doesn't need reminding, every six months.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

190Posts Today

1,599Users online

Martin's Twitter