Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 19th Feb 17, 3:54 AM
    • 25,449Posts
    • 10,089Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Amazon vent and PRAISE.
    • 19th Feb 17, 3:54 AM
    Amazon vent and PRAISE. 19th Feb 17 at 3:54 AM
    Signed up for the prime trial and before we could explore it fully the trial ran out. 5 minutes after they took the money, damn. Vent Over my fault etc etc..
    I could blame the Brexit and anyone but me. I could blame the little one for not having a play to see if it was useful but its still my fault.

So prime was useful for a few next day deliveries, didn't really get to play much with whats available online content wise. Neither did we use the free books that keeps popping up.

Since they took the Prime fee though it appears to have sucked me in. Ordered more items for next day and even same day delivery when i found PrimeNow.. WOW how do they do that???
    I ordered some stuff at 17:20 and it arrived at 18:32..

When buying stuff and prime is an option the get it today is well why not.. No extra charge to get it today.. Where are they keeping all this stuff to get it to me today? I can understand the grocery side from Morrisons which is 20 - 30 minutes away. But stuff like tools. Where is the Amazon warehouse in the Midlands area to get me stuff in a few hours?

Well and truly sucked in. Only using ebay for my Chinese orders at present, it seems easier to find that stuff on ebay.

What am i missing out on? Cannot wait for the drones to start delivering
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Page 2
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 2:03 AM
    • 19,041 Posts
    • 9,164 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I didn't know if I should be angry that they'd disregarded what could've been fragile contents inside, or be pleased that I did in fact have the delivery and essentially didn't have to pay for it!
    Originally posted by neilio
    So you intend to keep the refund you have received, despite the item having been delivered?

You realise this is theft?

You should inform Amazon that you have in fact got the item and arrange to pay for it.

The fact that it took you 40 minutes to work out how to contact Amazon is completely irrelevant, as is the fact that the package contents could have been fragile. They weren't.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Mar 17, 5:30 AM
    • 25,449 Posts
    • 10,089 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I was answering your question:

"Where is the Amazon warehouse in the Midlands area to get me stuff in a few hours?"

You can get to anywhere in the Midlands from Worcester in a few hours.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Bit of a late reply, I understand you said there is a warehouse in Worcester, but you would have to do illegal speeds to get it up here within 1h12m that it took them to deliver my order. Never mind the time to pick it etc.

I think there is one between Dudley/Wolverhampton/Walsall? Thats less than an hour from here. Their primenow is making me lazy. £2 optional tip added but thats about the same as the cost of driving to the shop and less hassle because parking is a PITA around there.

So far its suckered me in. Still not used the video or music or books.

It was handy when i needed a pond pump very quickly.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • pattycake
    • By pattycake 13th Mar 17, 2:10 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 964 Thanks
    pattycake
    So you intend to keep the refund you have received, despite the item having been delivered?

You realise this is theft?

You should inform Amazon that you have in fact got the item and arrange to pay for it.

The fact that it took you 40 minutes to work out how to contact Amazon is completely irrelevant, as is the fact that the package contents could have been fragile. They weren't.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude

I recently had an email from Amazon saying a parcel of mine had been returned undelivered and they had credited my cc account to the tune of around £60. I was puzzled as I had received the goods. I didn't hesitate to contact Amazon and tell them this. They needed my permission to debit my card again but I did pay for my goods.

Honesty is always the way to go.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 8,023 Posts
    • 4,787 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I ordered some simple solution and batteries after lunch, choosing free delivery in 3-5 days.

The parcel arrived next day at 1pm.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 20th Mar 17, 10:04 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    The-Truth
    But if you didnt have Prime. Would you have bought from Amazon or found it somewhere else?
    Originally posted by custardy
    Yes but the point about this thread is Amazon Prime. So why on earth are you throwing in the argument about "what if you didn't have Prime"?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 20th Mar 17, 10:32 AM
    • 32,316 Posts
    • 27,075 Thanks
    custardy
    Yes but the point about this thread is Amazon Prime. So why on earth are you throwing in the argument about "what if you didn't have Prime"?
    Originally posted by The-Truth
    Why on earth? Because its about the value of Amazon Prime as a package.
    If your argument is its value is inherrant regardless of item costs,it seems a little weak on a 'moneysaving' site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

2,566Users online

Martin's Twitter