Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stardust23
    • By stardust23 18th Feb 17, 2:47 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 3Thanks
    stardust23
    United Patients - Private Medical Insurance
    • 18th Feb 17, 2:47 PM
    United Patients - Private Medical Insurance 18th Feb 17 at 2:47 PM
    I received a letter, dated 6/12/16, from lawyers RPC, who are representing AUAL, former underwriters for United Patients. They told me that I was eligible for a refund of the premiums paid on the Hospital Cash Plan insurance policy and that they "considered it likely that United Patients had mis-sold this policy" to me in 2001. On 26/1/717, I received a second letter enclosing a £400 cheque for that “refund in full and final settlement of any and all liability that AUAL may owe” from January 2005.

Has anyone else heard of this?
    Which organization oversees complaints into this type of insurance?
Page 1
    • LisaMarra
    • By LisaMarra 24th Mar 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LisaMarra
    • 24th Mar 17, 4:35 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 4:35 PM
    I also received the same letter, I am still waiting for my refund even though the form was returned in December and I have rang twice since.
    • stardust23
    • By stardust23 24th Mar 17, 4:49 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stardust23
    • 24th Mar 17, 4:49 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 4:49 PM
    I sent my form back to RPC but they never responded. So I emailed them and then it was sorted out.

The email address I used was Efia.Davis@rpc.co.uk
    • yellowstarr
    • By yellowstarr 10th Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yellowstarr
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    Hospital Cash Plan
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    I received a letter today (10/10/17) with a cheque for £120 for 3years premium paid. I tried to look it up on the internet and your comments were the only things I could find.
    JGreen
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    • 19,542 Posts
    • 9,644 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    I tried to look it up on the internet and your comments were the only things I could find.
    Originally posted by yellowstarr
    Doesn't affect a great many people and so obviously wasn't newsworthy enough for widespread coverage. Everyone concerned will be contacted automatically.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,436Posts Today

6,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin