Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NewNewMoney
    • By NewNewMoney 16th Feb 17, 4:25 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    NewNewMoney
    PCN Appeal Rejected - worth taking further?
    • 16th Feb 17, 4:25 PM
    PCN Appeal Rejected - worth taking further? 16th Feb 17 at 4:25 PM
    Hi I'm new to all of this and this adult life in general so any advice would be appreciated.

I have a day permits to park on a land which I use as and when needed. I stack my dash and just display the new one on top. On one particular day the valid permit blew off the dash. I have received a ticket from this company before Parking and Property Management Ltd and I appealed rather hastily before doing my research (I should have ignored it) so they have my details etc, so I thought no harm in trying again. I've attached the rejection to my appeal to this post at the bottom but as a new user I can't post links (so I've been inventive), and maybe this is me attempting to not give up hope but the part I've highlighted in blue contradicts their reasoning. They've effectively said my permit was valid so how can they justify their ticket?

the link to the rejection is (without spaces):
    http:// imgur.com / a / ESHK9
    Shall I cut my losses or contact them and highlight this error to try and cancel the ticket?
    Last edited by NewNewMoney; 16-02-2017 at 4:29 PM. Reason: added link
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Jul 17, 11:51 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,417 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Remove all mentions of 'exhibits' as these do not accompany a defence, not at this stage.

Remove the UTCCRS, replace with the Consumer Rights Act 2015:
    • The signage terms were not transparent or legible; this is an unfair contract, not agreed by the driver and contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
    All looks OK after that.

Be ready for Gladstones trick of next sending you a N159 suggesting you agree to the case being 'heard on the papers'. No. Just no...! Covered in LOADs of Gladstones threads, so read some that are ahead of you in the process and bookmark them.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• NewNewMoney
    • By NewNewMoney 3rd Jul 17, 1:26 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NewNewMoney
    Fabulous, thank you so much. I'll get this send by the end of Monday
    • NewNewMoney
    • By NewNewMoney 16th Jul 17, 1:24 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    NewNewMoney
    Hi,

So to update, Gladstones has sent me the highly anticipated N159 requesting a paper hearing as mediation isn't helpful apparently *eye roll*

They've also told the court to send me one with what appears to be a cover email, but on the back of the email is a form, which looks like I should complete it, but the deadline is blanked out so I don't know if I should complete it or wait for the form to come around via the courts. http://imgur.com/a/dr3qB (the link is what was sent by GS)

What also surprised me was that their response also said the client was now willing to listen to any "genuine payment proposals." Half of me wants to offer a tenner to drop this case, the other half actually wants to drag their !!! into court.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Jul 17, 8:50 AM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 7,672 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi,

So to update, Gladstones has sent me the highly anticipated N159 requesting a paper hearing as mediation isn't helpful apparently *eye roll*

They've also told the court to send me one with what appears to be a cover email, but on the back of the email is a form, which looks like I should complete it, but the deadline is blanked out so I don't know if I should complete it or wait for the form to come around via the courts. http://imgur.com/a/dr3qB (the link is what was sent by GS)

What also surprised me was that their response also said the client was now willing to listen to any "genuine payment proposals." Half of me wants to offer a tenner to drop this case, the other half actually wants to drag their !!! into court.
    Originally posted by NewNewMoney
    It has taken a long time for Judges to understand the parking scam, you can be rest assured that mediators are still back in the dark ages when it comes to knowledge and just see this as a debt that must be paid.
    Mediators are best employed with cases like divorce and most
    certainly NOT parking scams.

Gladstones try on the wheeze of a settlement and when mediation and a settlement is refused, they often discontinue
    This is all leading up to the fact they know they don't have a case
    which could well mean yet another whooping for them in court
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,417 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi,

Originally posted by NewNewMoney
    You need to just wait for the CCBC to send you a N180. Not Gladstones misleading (hearing on paper only) N159.

Can I encourage you to copy that to your MP and to your (local to the car park) Trading Standards and complain, telling them Gladstones do this all the time to victims of parking scams, to try to force people to pay or mislead them into missing out on their right to an oral hearing in person to fight it.

Say how unclear this solicitor is making it, and point out that G's are owned by the same people who run the IPC.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-07-2017 at 5:39 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

1,512Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin