Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sean_LDN
    • By Sean_LDN 15th Feb 17, 5:27 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sean_LDN
    Equifax - address confusion affecting credit score
    • 15th Feb 17, 5:27 PM
    Equifax - address confusion affecting credit score 15th Feb 17 at 5:27 PM
    Helol,
    Has anyone managed to resolve address problems with Equifax? It seems a few people have had these from searching online.

The problem is essentially that I live in a flat that doesn't appear on the Royal Mail's address system, but does on the electoral roll. All my bank accounts have the address as 8 Acacia Road - because they will only accept the Royal Mail system's addresses. The Electoral Roll has the house number and flat number running together as in 8C Acacia Road.

Because of this, I've found I have a terrible credit score on Equifax. It appears I have no credit history, no accounts, no credit cards. I registered with Credit Compass and it instantly showed all my accounts, so this problem seems to be specific to Equifax. I've tried calling and they are refusing to offer any help.

Anyone managed to resolve this? I'm about to apply for my first mortgage and worried it will scupper my chances.
    Thanks
Page 2
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 13,682 Posts
    • 14,143 Thanks
    zx81
    Your mortgage man is a moron. No one sees your credit score apart from you.

Punch him in the face and get a proper broker.
    • Delboy28
    • By Delboy28 11th Jun 17, 10:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Delboy28
    Equifax have said my score is poor due to all my credit agreements not tied to the flat number with all main details my ID and voting register
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jun 17, 10:23 PM
    • 13,682 Posts
    • 14,143 Thanks
    zx81
    Sounds like you shouldn't ask Equifax to give you a mortgage.
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 12th Jun 17, 12:23 AM
    • 6,014 Posts
    • 5,563 Thanks
    PROLIANT
    Ok, as stated previously - forget about the score, this is a marketing tool provided by the credit reference agency.
    I have a very poor score yet my bank gave me a Platinum credit card, it is statistical data based on your peers who's credit profile falls in-line with yours, basically a mortgage will not be an automated binary answer based on a scoring system, an underwriter will ultimately decide if you get it or not.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

1,153Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin