Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 272
    • kyros
    • By kyros 31st Aug 17, 5:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kyros
    Hi Kyros thanks for that info, can I ask do you need to pay an upfront fee as well for that?

(Best deal I've seen is less monthly: £42 but much less data: 4GB and £100 upfront and no Spotify but unlimited texts and calls - this is also on Vodafone - on tech radar 'best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 deals' article)
    Originally posted by freetheweb
    Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I have to pay £50 upfront. Still, assuming I can net £70 for the DAX on eBay and deducting the £10/mos I'd normally be paying for Spotify, it works out to only £2.45/mos for the tariff. The rest covers the £869 cost of the phone.

This is how I calculated that:

£49.50/mos x 24 mos = £1188
    Upfront fee= £50
    Samsung Note 8 = -869
    Spotify x 24 mos = -240
    Dax Resale= -70

Total: £59

So that works out to £2.45/mos for 32GB data and unlimited minutes and texts. That's a lot better than any SIM only deal I could have gotten from buying the phone outright!
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 31st Aug 17, 6:28 PM
    • 7,409 Posts
    • 2,304 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    That's if you're happy to take out a mortage for the latest toy which will be out of date or broken in the next year or so - apart from committing yourtself to one of the worst networks around for the next two years. Bargain!!
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 31-08-2017 at 6:31 PM.
    • kyros
    • By kyros 2nd Sep 17, 8:20 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kyros
    Yes, obviously I am happy to take out a second mortgage (note spelling) for the latest toy that will be out of date in the next year and to be commited to one of the worst networks for the next two years; otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to the contract and posted about it here. But thanks for your stunningly astute and original contribution.
    • Abbey1991
    • By Abbey1991 11th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Abbey1991
    Hi,

I'm out of contract with Vodafone and have just obtained a PAC after some discussion but what I really want is for them to make a good offer on a 25GB or 40GB Sim-only plan.

What's the best way to achieve this? Call them again? Live chat? Wait for them to call me? Go to a shop? Wait for the PAC to expire before requesting a new one?

Thank you !
    • KDH
    • By KDH 12th Sep 17, 10:42 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    KDH
    Anyone under the age of 25 looking here who's on a Vodafone SIM only plan and has reached their upgrade date should look at VOXI - no PAC code needed and can (possibly??) use existing SIM.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans
    Last edited by KDH; 12-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 12th Sep 17, 10:58 AM
    • 398 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Mister G
    Anyone under the age of 25 looking here who's on a Vodafone SIM only plan and has reached their upgrade date should look at VOXI - no PAC code needed and can use existing SIM.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans
    Originally posted by KDH
    Perhaps you missed this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704733
    • Murielson
    • By Murielson 12th Sep 17, 3:36 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Murielson
    Any special deals for us old folk? 50+, 2 x phones now well out of contract and ready for renewal/change and after best we can get.

Samsung Android and could do with new handset and current contract at £30.50 per month. Also have daughters iphone on our account so just interested in what others might be getting that might be good for us.

Never use all monthly contract minutes, never use all texts but recently stated using more data and therefore want to hike this up. Currently at 500MB but no longer suitable.

Long time with Vodafone but also long time with Tesco so is Tesco mobile comparable with Vodafone coverage nowadays? Thinking Tesco points if worthwhile.
    • Abbey1991
    • By Abbey1991 14th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Abbey1991
    That's a lot of questions, probably better to bullet point them and maybe start new threads setting out each person's individual requirements.
    • austinali
    • By austinali 22nd Sep 17, 11:53 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    austinali
    My contract ends on the 24th Sept and I requested my pac code about 3 weeks ago after failing to negotiate a good deal. I took the contract out 2 years ago and I pay around £33 for the samsung s6, 4gb data and unlimited mins and text.

Yesterday I called an was offered a nearly new iphone 7 128gb with 6gb data and unlimited mins and text for £37.75 a month. Is this worth it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,060Posts Today

6,526Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin