Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 271
    • alisont
    • By alisont 12th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    alisont
    Honestly live chats a joke - been on hold 10 minutes and get through - advisor says they will just be a minute checking my details - 45 minutes later still on hold!

Annoying as evenings main opportunity to speak to them, especially a Sunday evening.

Anyone got a telephone number that's a free call to retentions?
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
    • alisont
    • By alisont 20th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    alisont
    Got fed up of waiting for Live Chat so rang retentions, was offered 2gb data first for £10.80 - no thanks!

Then got the 8gb red plan the £27 one offered - with 40% discount - I really don't think the 50%'offers still exist.

Now this one included Spotify premium for 12 months - I have just finished a 3 month trail of this and cancelled as hoped I could get it included as I do like Spotify.

So unlimited texts and minutes plus 8gb 4g data, 2gb roaming data and 12 months Spotify is £16.20.

I can't be bothered to keep pushing for further deals as did so well last year and I will find Spotify handy, so happy with that for a year.

Seen some good offers on Three but signals bad at home and I've never had problems with Vodafone.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
    • bumblesquat
    • By bumblesquat 29th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    bumblesquat
    Vodafone upgrade
    I just got a black iphone 7 128gb on Vodafone upgrade 72 days before my 24 months is up for £43.50 per month including free spotify for £9.99 per month for 24 months (which I already pay for so this takes it down to £33.51 per month. Includes unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data, 2GB roaming data (abroad) and unlimited roaming texts and calls. £30 upfront fee and £4.95 delivery but 1st month free to cover that. And I did it all on online chat. It took around an hour and a half but I just kept saying I would wait to cancel as EE were offering a better deal and eventually I was connected to retentions and they offered me this.

By my reckoning this means i will actually be paying less than retail price for the phone as in total i'll be paying less than £770 over 24 months (possibly even
    less as i'll be eligible to upgrade after 22 months) and if i was paying £10 for the same bundle on a sim only deal (it's likely to be more than that for that deal) that makes the phone cost £530 and rrp is £699.

It makes a big change for Vodafone to be so helpful. I'm impressed.

Even better, I have just discovered I can apply for an employee advantage discount.
    Last edited by bumblesquat; 31-03-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
    • ickabod
    • By ickabod 3rd Apr 17, 8:51 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ickabod
    Seems retentions have gone downhill badly since 1st April (even retention guys saying they've never seen it so bad, very little movement on sim only deals to the advertised prices... been on half price of £13.50 & 6gb, Spotify, unlimited mins & texts past 2 years, best they can do now is £18.90 for same pack so got my PAC & will wait & see if outbound retentions give me a call
    • ickabod
    • By ickabod 8th Apr 17, 1:22 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ickabod
    After 5 days & no call from Vodafone gave them another call this morning, got upgraded to unlimited mins & texts, 8gb (including 2gb roaming) entertainment pack & 40% off bringing me to £16.20 per month... happy customer for another 12 months
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 13th Apr 17, 11:19 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    ratechaser
    Just out of contract, managed to get another 12 months of 1000 mins/unlimited texts/3gb data for £9/month.

Took a couple of hours but pretty happy with that!
    • amr547
    • By amr547 29th Apr 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 9,385 Thanks
    amr547
    I was cancelling another line and turns out I could upgrade six months early, I've gone for an iPhone 7 32gb with 32gb data, 24 months Spotify premium and unltd calls/texts for £40 pm with £10 upfront. I was paying £37 for an iPhone 6 16gb with 3gb of data 500 mins and unltd texts so I'm pleased with the deal and it means I don't have to faff about in a couple of months. The advisor was lovely too!
    Home owner since May 2016
    • regprentice
    • By regprentice 6th May 17, 8:39 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    regprentice
    best i could get out of retentions was a month free and a 30% discount on the website price. That was for an lg g6. I would have liked a galaxy s8 but they point blank refused a deal on either s8.

My previous deal had been a 40% discount on a g4. I see the employee discount for qualifying employers has also been cut from 20% to 15%.
    • eshroom
    • By eshroom 22nd May 17, 12:15 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    eshroom
    Just off the phone to retentions. Currently on £27 sim only 10gb Red deal discounted to £13.50.

Was told I could have 4gb non red deal for £14.40. Got my PAC code and off to greener pastures.
    • mrsmartmoney
    • By mrsmartmoney 23rd May 17, 2:06 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrsmartmoney
    remember when you leave Vodafone, they won't give you back any credit on your account until you call up to get it back - they are very underhand about it and I was lied to about how long it will take to refund.I bet Vodafone sit on £m's of people money
    • mrsmartmoney
    • By mrsmartmoney 23rd May 17, 2:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrsmartmoney
    my retentions deal was £8.50 for £1gb of data and 500mins ... left and went to Sky (use topcashback for £40 cash back as well!)
    • Thrupnybit
    • By Thrupnybit 27th May 17, 3:40 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Thrupnybit
    Well I am well miffed. Best retention deal the guy I spoke to today was £15 for 1GB of data and 1000 mins, SIM only, as on web. A few months ago my sister got that for £8 per month.
    There are better Vodafone deals available through other providers (eg Mobiles.co.uk) but I really need to hang on to my current number. Can I do that is I switch provider? And do I still need to get the PAC code? Vodafone has the best coverage for the areas I live and work in so no scope to change entirely.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 27th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 830 Thanks
    20aday
    My Mum is currently with Vodafone on a SIMO deal and I'm trying to get her to switch to another provider so she spoke to them via Live Chat Thursday morning.

Their "deal" was Unlimited U.K calls and texts and 8GB of data for £17/month on a year's minimum term.

We went to Leicester Thursday afternoon and walked past their store in the Highcross Shopping Centre... complete with chalkboard and "deal" advertised!

Maybe it's just me, and that loyalty counts for nothing but that isn't a way to retain customers, surely?!!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • eshroom
    • By eshroom 30th May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    eshroom
    Just off the phone to retentions. Currently on £27 sim only 10gb Red deal discounted to £13.50.

Was told I could have 4gb non red deal for £14.40. Got my PAC code and off to greener pastures.
    Originally posted by eshroom
    So I called back and spoke to someone else and they offered me £13.20 for 8GB Red deal including Spotify. I was told this was a 40% reduction. I'm happy with this as I never reached the 10 gigs I had before anyway.

They also offered me a second line at the same price. I called back today to take them up on the offer and they told me the last agent made a mistake and £13.20 was 40% off their 4gb deal with no Spotify, but they would honour his mistake for my renewal but not my new line. I think this is fair enough.
    • d123
    • By d123 30th May 17, 8:42 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 4,060 Thanks
    d123
    Well I am well miffed. Best retention deal the guy I spoke to today was £15 for 1GB of data and 1000 mins, SIM only, as on web. A few months ago my sister got that for £8 per month.
    There are better Vodafone deals available through other providers (eg Mobiles.co.uk) but I really need to hang on to my current number. Can I do that is I switch provider? And do I still need to get the PAC code? Vodafone has the best coverage for the areas I live and work in so no scope to change entirely.
    Originally posted by Thrupnybit
    Get a PAC and switch to a payg sim, I normally use giffgaff for convenience (it does cost £10 as you need to activate the sim), you then get a new PAC from giffgaff (it's an automated voice prompt system on giffgaff to get it) and transfer straight back to the new Vodafone sim.
    Dave
    ====
    • rev_henry
    • By rev_henry 17th Jun 17, 8:45 AM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 2,058 Thanks
    rev_henry
    Anyone had anything decent lately? My contract is up now and I'm going to go sim only. If I can get something with Spotify included it suddenly becomes much better value as I pay for that anyway. Otherwise I'll be off to another network I think.
    Also am I right in thinking that only Vodafone has inclusive roaming in Turkey? For me that's worth paying a little extra for.
    • karl1234
    • By karl1234 27th Jun 17, 3:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    karl1234
    Got 12 month sim only deal with 4gb data and unlimited calls and texts for £10.80 per month. Also gave me £15 credit. Very happy with it. I was on live chat insisting I wanted my pac code and they offered me that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,814Posts Today

8,951Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin