Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • milkybk
    • By milkybk 14th Feb 17, 4:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 7Thanks
    milkybk
    Excel Parking PCN
    • 14th Feb 17, 4:56 PM
    Excel Parking PCN 14th Feb 17 at 4:56 PM
    Afternoon all,

I recently received a PCN NTK from Excel Parking Limited through the mail. I never had anything placed on my windscreen and this letter was the first I heard about it. Please find the letter below:

EDIT: Can't post images due to being a new member...

This company is an IPC member, therefore I have sent a copy of the draft letter found in the newbies FAQ sticky to Excel. Please find below:

Re PCN number: EPS XXXXX

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle, whether you have already obtained it or not. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

Yours faithfully,
    XXXXXXXXX

I have posted this letter to the address shown on my PCN. However should I be also emailing it and/or logging it through the myparkingcharge website?

The car park in question is an open roof top car park above multiple shops. I will be complaining to the manager of the Morrison's branch situated under it. I will also be returning to the car park at the same time received the ticket to take pictures of alleged signage etc in case I require it during any appeal process.
    Last edited by milkybk; 14-02-2017 at 4:59 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:43 AM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well you could respond seeing as Excel have an email address. Costs nothing to set out your stance robustly about no keeper liability, and to laugh about the case Excel lost when a pepipoo poster appealed a bad decision this week. The appeal findings threw Excel's spurious reliance on CPS v AJH Films into the long grass:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/motorist-wins-appeal-cps-vs-ajh-films.html

I would throw that in their face, personally.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 9:01 AM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,302 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I checked Excel Parking out on the BMPA site, only 2% of their tickets issued have ended in a court hearing in 2017.
    It's not that great a percentage. There will be hardly any 2017 court cases that relate to 2017 parking charges. You would need to do the calculation based on mainly 2016 parking charges - and even some from 2015. A much lower percentage.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

3,346Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin