Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • quinwin
    • By quinwin 14th Feb 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    quinwin
    Re parking charge notice from PCP Enforcement Agency
    • 14th Feb 17, 11:34 AM
    Re parking charge notice from PCP Enforcement Agency 14th Feb 17 at 11:34 AM
    I have tried to research the issue below but remain confused as to whether or not we can ignore this? My wife has received a parking charge notice from PCP Enforcement Agency for £100 served on 2 February 2017 in respect of an expired pay and display ticket on 14 December at between 9.08 and 9.25 in the morning. I was rushed into A&E hospital around 4am that morning having suffered a stroke. I was treated for around 5 and a half hours before being allowed home. My wife was repeatedly returning to her car outside A&E to update her ticket and she may have slightly overrun, but it is so long ago she has no tickets now to confirm this or otherwise. Can we ignore this?
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Feb 17, 11:40 AM
    • 7,124 Posts
    • 7,141 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 14th Feb 17, 11:40 AM
    • 14th Feb 17, 11:40 AM
    Ignoring has not been a good idea since the law changed back in 2012!

The Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum is where you need to be concentrating your research - its the most effective and up to date resource on the various ways to deal with private tickets.

However, as this is a hospital ticket - a strong complaint to PALS at the host concerned would be your first and probably most effective approach.
    Last edited by pogofish; 14-02-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Feb 17, 11:49 AM
    • 31,495 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Feb 17, 11:49 AM
    • 14th Feb 17, 11:49 AM

......However, as this is a hospital ticket - a strong complaint to PATAS at the host concerned would be your first and probably most effective approach.
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Has autocorrect/predictive come in on this post?

Shoud be PALS (not "PATAS") and hospital (not "host")????
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Feb 17, 12:05 PM
    • 7,124 Posts
    • 7,141 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 14th Feb 17, 12:05 PM
    • 14th Feb 17, 12:05 PM
    Has autocorrect/predictive come in on this post?

Shoud be PALS (not "PATAS") and hospital (not "host")????
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Probably - I'm on a Mac today and its autocorrect is maddening for substitutions..!

Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 17, 1:37 PM
    • 46,881 Posts
    • 60,186 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Feb 17, 1:37 PM
    • 14th Feb 17, 1:37 PM
    I have tried to research the issue below but remain confused as to whether or not we can ignore this? ... received a parking charge notice from PCP Enforcement Agency for £100 served on 2 February 2017 in respect of an expired pay and display ticket...

I was rushed into A&E hospital around 4am that morning having suffered a stroke. I was treated for around 5 and a half hours before being allowed home.

(the driver) was repeatedly returning to her car outside A&E to update her ticket and she may have slightly overrun, but it is so long ago she has no tickets now to confirm this or otherwise. Can we ignore this?
    Originally posted by quinwin
    Please read the NEWBIES thread for the registered keeper to appeal, not saying who was driving. And the first thing it says is always to complain - certainly complain to PALS and/or the Facilities/Parking Manager in the Hospital and get this rescinded immediately.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• PJdylis1
    • By PJdylis1 11th Apr 17, 8:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    PJdylis1
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:05 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:05 AM
    We encountered PCP Enforcement Agency and their inflexible aggressive no compromise style. On the 23/3/17 my wife (with terminal ovarian cancer) was rushed to QA Portsmouth by my daughter, put in a wheelchair and taken to acute oncology. It was a life or death situation (my wife's consultant confirmed this in a supporting appeal letter). In the panic my daughter inadvertently parked slightly overlapping a second parking bay and received a fine. I appealed this on her behalf and now the fine is £100.00. Despite explaining our situation there was absolutely no compassion or understanding from PCP. This is an incredibly stressful time and I find it incredulous that despite the support of my wife's oncologist and detailed explanation by ourselves there is no compromise on the part of PCP. I really feel there needs to be a degree of common sense instilled into PCPs management style. I contacted the hospital CEO and if my daughter hadn't felt under pressure to pay the fine I think we might have had it waived through QA's links with PCP. A few days later my wife passed away aged 58. The fine is almost immaterial in the overall scheme of things, it is PCP's lack of compassion and understanding that sticks in my throat.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 17, 8:48 AM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 20,442 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:48 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:48 AM
    What a shocking story, and my condolences on your sad loss PJdylis1. This totally sums up the blind greed of parking companies and their uncompromising approach to hoovering up money, regardless of any circumstances.

Have you paid the £100? If not, why not start a new thread of your own (just copy and paste the post you've written above) and we will help you. Have you tried the hospital's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) as they should, and should be able to, sort this out for you).

You should immediately contact your local press about this appalling treatment by the PPC - they would love to run this type of story. Additionally write to your MP, Teresa May (who is on record as wanting to sort out this private parking mess) and Marcus Jones MP who heads up the DCLG and who has policy responsibility for private parking and is sitting on, prevaricating about what to do with it, despite having the results of a public consultation conducted over 2 years ago.

I hope we can help you.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 11th Apr 17, 8:59 AM
    • 8,906 Posts
    • 13,577 Thanks
    trisontana
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:59 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 8:59 AM
    Note the name of this company "PCP Enforcement Agency" . Do you think they are trying to fool people into thinking they are some sort of government department, instead of a tin-pot parking company?
    Last edited by trisontana; 11-04-2017 at 9:05 AM.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 11th Apr 17, 9:10 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    DollyDee
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:10 AM
    • 11th Apr 17, 9:10 AM
    We encountered PCP Enforcement Agency and their inflexible aggressive no compromise style. On the 23/3/17 my wife (with terminal ovarian cancer) was rushed to QA Portsmouth by my daughter, put in a wheelchair and taken to acute oncology. It was a life or death situation (my wife's consultant confirmed this in a supporting appeal letter). In the panic my daughter inadvertently parked slightly overlapping a second parking bay and received a fine. I appealed this on her behalf and now the fine is £100.00. Despite explaining our situation there was absolutely no compassion or understanding from PCP. This is an incredibly stressful time and I find it incredulous that despite the support of my wife's oncologist and detailed explanation by ourselves there is no compromise on the part of PCP. I really feel there needs to be a degree of common sense instilled into PCPs management style. I contacted the hospital CEO and if my daughter hadn't felt under pressure to pay the fine I think we might have had it waived through QA's links with PCP. A few days later my wife passed away aged 58. The fine is almost immaterial in the overall scheme of things, it is PCP's lack of compassion and understanding that sticks in my throat.
    Originally posted by PJdylis1
    I think the "fine" has been paid.

PJdylis1 - I am so sorry for your loss and very angry on your behalf.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 11th Apr 17, 10:14 AM
    • 3,585 Posts
    • 5,079 Thanks
    Half_way
    three op should contact the hospital and demand a refund.
    Unfortunately due to the nature of hospitals, this Indy the first time something similar has happened, so if the OP is up for it then they could try as make sure that it dusty happen to any one else.
    This would also make a good story for the press, make sure that you name the hospital CEO as being the responsible person, and not the parking company, as per the NHS parking principles, you could also put in an FOI request on, odds on the parking arrangement breaches the nhs parking principles as the parking company probably keeps revenue from issuing parking charge notices
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 17, 1:45 PM
    • 46,881 Posts
    • 60,186 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We encountered PCP Enforcement Agency and their inflexible aggressive no compromise style. On the 23/3/17 my wife (with terminal ovarian cancer) was rushed to QA Portsmouth by my daughter, put in a wheelchair and taken to acute oncology. It was a life or death situation (my wife's consultant confirmed this in a supporting appeal letter). In the panic my daughter inadvertently parked slightly overlapping a second parking bay and received a fine. I appealed this on her behalf and now the fine is £100.00. Despite explaining our situation there was absolutely no compassion or understanding from PCP.

This is an incredibly stressful time and I find it incredulous that despite the support of my wife's oncologist and detailed explanation by ourselves there is no compromise on the part of PCP. I really feel there needs to be a degree of common sense instilled into PCPs management style.

I contacted the hospital CEO and if my daughter hadn't felt under pressure to pay the fine I think we might have had it waived through QA's links with PCP. A few days later my wife passed away aged 58. The fine is almost immaterial in the overall scheme of things, it is PCP's lack of compassion and understanding that sticks in my throat.
    I am so very sorry to read about this harassment at a time when your wife was terminally ill in Hospital. And astonished the CEO of the NHS Trust didn't insist on a refund because that's against the NHS Car parking policy set by Government.

Do you feel up to sending this account to your MP and the Dept Communities & Local Government and the Secretary of State for Transport, as a complaint about these firms in Hospitals? This should not be happening but Andrew Jones made it clear his head was in the sand in Parliament the other week:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2017-03-21/debates/382789C8-0168-4C4B-8260-0540AF83C7D3/DVLAAndPrivateCarParkingCompanies

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

Let's get the Under Secretary of State's head out from the sand or wherever he has inserted it, re these cowboys.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 11th Apr 17, 1:54 PM
    • 3,585 Posts
    • 5,079 Thanks
    Half_way
    which hospital was this? some nhs hospitals boasted in the local press about the parking eye system not costing them anything as PE get to keep all the money from parking charge notices issued to those who vreak paying eyes rules.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Apr 17, 1:55 PM
    • 39,203 Posts
    • 78,329 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    First of all, I am sorry to hear about your sad loss. You and your family have enough to be dealing with without this disgusting behaviour from a parking company.

If you need any further help or advice with this parking matter, please start your own thread. The regulars here are good people and will help you in any way they can.

This is the sort of thing that should be highlighted to your MP, Mrs May, and Andrew Jones MP, who thinks the unregulated private parking industry behaves in a fair manner.
    If you feel up to it, local and national press, especially the daily wail, might be interested in your case, as might the Parking-Prankster who can be contacted on his blogspot, and sometimes posts on MSE as well.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 11th Apr 17, 2:13 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    DollyDee
    http://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/Find-us/car-parking-rates.htm

Wonder if it's worth contacting Peter Mellor.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    • 46,881 Posts
    • 60,186 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good call.

That charge needs refunding an an apology from the NHS Trust for allowing a regime that fails to meet the published Government policy that's been in place for some 3 years now.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 17, 7:45 PM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 20,442 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    http://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/Find-us/car-parking-rates.htm

Wonder if it's worth contacting Peter Mellor.
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    That link no longer works. Was it working earlier today? Have the hospital been up to something since?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 12th Apr 17, 9:39 AM
    • 710 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Sorry Umkomaas, only just seen your post.

The link still works for me.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 17, 10:04 AM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 20,442 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Sorry Umkomaas, only just seen your post.

The link still works for me.
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    Working OK now for me.

We are confident that Carillion, in line with its contract, has done the best it can for our patients.”
    PJdylis1 might not share the same confidence!

Marketing BS.

• Terryh116
    • By Terryh116 13th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Terryh116
    Beyond disgraceful
    You have my sincerest sympathy for the way that you have been treated by PCP. My wife and I encountered them at QA hospital Portsmouth two weeks ago today. It is clear to me that they do not have any empathy, it seems they are only concerned with making money. We the public need to fight our corner, perhaps local press and MP. This is a response to PJdylis1 post of 11 April 2017.
    Last edited by Terryh116; 14-06-2017 at 9:54 AM. Reason: Clarify response
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,998Posts Today

6,175Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Regardless of party, a little bit (the naughty bit) of me wonders aren't we always better off if they can't get thru all their plans! #bbcqt

• RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Follow Martin