Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aligoose
    • By Aligoose 14th Feb 17, 8:52 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Aligoose
    Airport charge notice help please
    • 14th Feb 17, 8:52 AM
    Airport charge notice help please 14th Feb 17 at 8:52 AM
    Hi,

I'm a newbie to the site and have read the newbie post and various other posts regarding airport penalty tickets but I'm still a bit confused about the best course of action so any help is appreciated.
    I've received a 'charge notice' from VCS for stopping in the bus stop at Humberside airport for less than a minute.
    The driver had already dropped off passengers in the correct designated car park and when leaving then pulled in momentarily due to needing to tend to their young daughter.
    The driver was not sure whether to go down the mitigating circumstances route as they did not stop for a 'premeditated' purpose, did not leave the vehicle, left within a minute and needed to stop in a safe place where they caused no obstruction/danger.

At the time The driver was in a courtesy car. The driver was informed of the charge notice by the garage and have had a 'charge notice' (no mention of the word parking) sent to me from VCS following the garage providing my details . There is no mention of this being a 'notice to hirer' but would a notice to HIRER apply if it's a courtesy car? I have read the post regarding schedule 4 of PoFA and the requirements of sending the relevant documents has not been followed but I'm not sure if the driver is classed as a hirer, Also does it depend on whether the garage have provided the details as the driver or as the hirer?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Aligoose; 14-02-2017 at 9:22 AM. Reason: Editing words used
Page 3
    • Aligoose
    • By Aligoose 16th Mar 17, 9:05 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Aligoose
    Thank you for your responses. I've decided to put in the appeal (I've started it so may as well finish it) so will see what happens.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    • 46,948 Posts
    • 60,296 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    if I don't include a point in my IAS appeal would that mean that I can't use it in a Court hearing if it went that far?
    Of course you can.

You might win on the 'hirer' point (did you upload proof of the hiring?) but you need to evidence everything you possibly can evidence. Remove speculative stuff if you can't prove it (e.g. byelaws, remove it). Give the IAS less appeal points - only ones that you have actually proved.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• brizesaver
    • By brizesaver 24th Mar 17, 8:47 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    brizesaver
    A quick question:
    My car was photographed at Luton Airport on the edge of the roundabout with a person clearly visible getting out of the passenger side and I got a "Parking Charge Notice" from Apcoa. This happened on 12/2 and I just got the notice today, dated 22/3. If my appeal using your excellent template re: poor visibility of the signs etc. is not succesful, would I still have the option of paying the £48 or would I have to pay the full £80?
    Last edited by brizesaver; 24-03-2017 at 9:06 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Mar 17, 11:32 PM
    • 46,948 Posts
    • 60,296 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A quick question:
    My car was photographed at Luton Airport on the edge of the roundabout with a person clearly visible getting out of the passenger side and I got a "Parking Charge Notice" from Apcoa. This happened on 12/2 and I just got the notice today, dated 22/3. If my appeal using your excellent template re: poor visibility of the signs etc. is not succesful, would I still have the option of paying the £48 or would I have to pay the full £80?
    Originally posted by brizesaver
    No you wouldn't have the ''option'' (LOL!), but if you managed to lose at POPLA v APCOA re an Airport site, with all the APCOA Airport POPLA appeals shown here (all won) then you would be the first. Read some! Search the forum for APCOA POPLA Airport.

Don't be daft, stop looking at the bribe as if it's some sort of bargain, when WE WIN V APCOA EVERY TIME.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• brizesaver
    • By brizesaver 26th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    brizesaver
    Thank you Coupon Mad. There is soooo much to read on all these threads, and it is easy to give up and just pay, but I will persevere.
    I reads somewhere on here that they have to issue the Notice to keeper within 14 days...mine took 40 days.
    Is it best just to email the template re poor visibility as is or have they changed the signage recently. I can't remember what it was like, there is so much going on there at the moment.
    Last edited by brizesaver; 26-03-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 26th Mar 17, 2:59 PM
    • 39,230 Posts
    • 78,380 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thank you Coupon Mad. There is soooo much to read on all these threads, and it is easy to give up and just pay, but I will persevere.
    I reads somewhere on here that they have to issue the Notice to keeper within 14 days...mine took 40 days.
    Is it best just to email the template re poor visibility as is or have they changed the signage recently. I can't remember what it was like, there is so much going on there at the moment.
    Originally posted by brizesaver
    Please read the NEWBIES thread then start your thread if you need further information. This will answer your specific questions above. You send the BPA template in blue by whatever method it says on your NTK. Copy and paste and edit, do not amend, do not reveal who was driving, do not miss the appeal deadline.

This thread you have posted on is for the benefit of the original poster, not you, and we don't went to give the wrong information to the wrong poster. Please start your own where you will receive the best bespoke and free help there is on the internet.

You will notice I have not answered your questions about paying the scammers because only a mug would do that.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,494Posts Today

8,604Users online

Martin's Twitter