Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rosiege
    • By rosiege 12th Feb 17, 6:06 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rosiege
    Green Network Energy - ?
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:06 PM
    Green Network Energy - ? 12th Feb 17 at 6:06 PM
    Has anyone had any experience of Green Network Energy to provide gas and electricity? they have a very good deal but I'm a bit concerned that they don't appear on any of the comparison sites I've seen - apart from one which only supported one of their tariffs. they seem to have very good reviews.
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 12th Feb 17, 6:17 PM
    • 606 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:17 PM
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:17 PM
    I would check the history of this company at Companies House
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09523066/filing-history

Company liabilities are MINUS £263,666 and they have only filed 1 return.
    Number of shares issued is 1 with a value of £1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Feb 17, 6:31 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:31 PM
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:31 PM

Originally posted by gsmlnx
    To be fair, the last accounts filed were made up to 30-Apr-2016.

I don't think they launched in the UK until December 2016
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Feb 17, 6:42 PM
    • 3,859 Posts
    • 2,159 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:42 PM
    • 12th Feb 17, 6:42 PM

Originally posted by gsmlnx
    I think that they have an influential and significant backer.

Green Network Energy, the British subsidiary of the Green Network Group, and BP Gas Marketing Limited have signed an exclusive collaboration agreement governing the U.K. market. BP plc, formerly British Petroleum, is a British oil and gas multinational operating in the field of energy. BP is one of the world’s seven oil and gas "supermajors", a vertically integrated enterprise, operating in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation, trading and renewable energy. BP is present in over 70 countries, it produces about 3.3 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and owns proved reserves of 17.180 million barrels of oil equivalent.

No worries there then except for the fact that they are not the cheapest on the market (accepting differences in usage and postcode).
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Feb 17, 7:21 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 12th Feb 17, 7:21 PM
    • 12th Feb 17, 7:21 PM
    Has anyone had any experience of Green Network Energy to provide gas and electricity? they have a very good deal but I'm a bit concerned that they don't appear on any of the comparison sites I've seen - apart from one which only supported one of their tariffs. they seem to have very good reviews.
    Originally posted by rosiege
    Welcome to MSE

Where have you seen the "very good reviews"?

Where did you see the "very good deal" if not on a comparison site?
    Be careful of their own website which seems somewhat 'flakey'

When I do a dual fuel comparison on their site, I cannot enter my existing gas supplier (Zog) for some reason (but they are there if I do a single fuel comparison)

When I look at the standing charges and unit charges, they seem similar, but slightly higher, than a Scottish Power tariff

Then I need to take into account the discounts.
    I think Scottish Power offer a total of about £15 (dual fuel & online)

If I give this supplier the benefit of the doubt and allow £31.50 dual fuel discount (£15.75 per fuel)

So lets say, at best, they would be £15 cheaper than SP

So, I was somewhat confused how they are offering an indicated annual price £50 cheaper than SP

I've tried working out the price myself based on their tariff, and I calculate it's actually £60 more than they are quoting, which is £10 more than the SP tariff.
    (I have taken the SP cost from the CEC comparison site)

I suggest if you are interested in this supplier, do your own calculation of the anticipated annual cost (and hence the monthly DD payment) based on their tariff as advertised - you may not find it as cheap as they suggest.
    Last edited by footyguy; 12-02-2017 at 7:23 PM.
    • rosiege
    • By rosiege 13th Feb 17, 1:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosiege
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:12 PM
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:12 PM
    Thanks for your replies, this doesn't encourage me very much. To be honest the good reviews were on their website (!), which I agree is not as slick as some, but seemed genuine. but doesn't everything?!

I saw the deal when I searched using the Energy Helpline, which is also used by the Telegraph and Guardian and approved by Ofgem. It was the first on the list and offers a saving of £146 p.a., slightly higher than GNE's website. They listed three different tariffs by GNE but only allowed access to one of them which was a bit more expensive.

It's true, I should probably work out the exact cost, if I'm able to do that using the tariff - I'll give it a try. Thanks so much that's really useful..
    • rosiege
    • By rosiege 13th Feb 17, 1:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosiege
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:18 PM
    Question!
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:18 PM
    Maybe I'm being stupid or not very up on these things, but what is the CEC comparison site?
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Feb 17, 1:23 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:23 PM
    • 13th Feb 17, 1:23 PM
    Maybe I'm being stupid or not very up on these things, but what is the CEC comparison site?
    That's Money Saving Expert's own 'Cheap Energy Club'

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
    • rosiege
    • By rosiege 13th Feb 17, 2:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosiege
    • 13th Feb 17, 2:45 PM
    • 13th Feb 17, 2:45 PM
    Ah, thank you, of course! I will have another look at that.
    • Telegraph Sam
    • By Telegraph Sam 22nd Feb 17, 8:44 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Telegraph Sam
    Thanks for your replies, this doesn't encourage me very much. To be honest the good reviews were on their website (!), which I agree is not as slick as some, but seemed genuine. but doesn't everything?!
    I saw the deal when I searched using the Energy Helpline, which is also used by the Telegraph and Guardian and approved by Ofgem. It was the first on the list and offers a saving of £146 p.a., slightly higher than GNE's website. They listed three different tariffs by GNE but only allowed access to one of them which was a bit more expensive.
    It's true, I should probably work out the exact cost, if I'm able to do that using the tariff - I'll give it a try. Thanks so much that's really useful..
    I also put their tariff data into a spreadsheet for comparison with others and came to contradictory results. In fairness it was possibly my fault for confusing two different tariffs, of which for me the most favourable one The Italian Touch was not available via the Energyhelpline switch. And the fact that I omitted the dual fuel discount 2 x £25 by mistake / ignorance. I am now inclining towards taking the TIT from GNE direct unless some unfavourable reports come to light.
    Telegraph Sam
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 10th Apr 17, 1:28 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jimroy
    I'm seriously thinking of switching to these guys in a month's time.
    I'm a CEC member also and they're currently the cheapest supplier for me to switch to. I'll be keeping tabs if that's still the same in a month obviously.
    I'll be paying £7 more per month with them. But I'll be paying double that more a month when my fixed tariff ends with my current supplier.
    Anyway, I've been researching Green Network Energy and came across this link today:
    [I've been awarded a 2 year badge and still can't post links?!]
    If you do a search for 'Cerved Rating Agency S.p.A. has confirmed the B1.1 public rating for Green Network S.p.A.' it gives an indication of how healthy this company is going forward. It was posted five months ago I gather; so pretty recent.
    I'm currently with GB Energy Supply (cough) and it's all gone relatively smoothly since they went bust and now controlled by Co-op Energy.
    But if Green Network Energy went bust would we customers be covered similarly by the regulators considering they're an Italian based company?
    Last edited by jimroy; 10-04-2017 at 1:31 PM.
    • Aura
    • By Aura 13th Apr 17, 10:18 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    Aura
    Do they have a customer priority service for customers like EDF do?
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 13th Apr 17, 3:40 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    Do they have a customer priority service for customers like EDF do?
    Originally posted by Aura

https://greennetworkenergy.co.uk/help-centre/priority-services-register/priority-services-register/
    • GilmoreGirl
    • By GilmoreGirl 20th Apr 17, 10:29 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    GilmoreGirl
    Same as Jimroy. I'm currently with GB but need to change before June. I liked the Green Network energy, not only because of the price but also because it uses renewable sources. I read reviews on trustpilot and people seems to like it.
    CCCC 2017: £410/£600
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 25th Apr 17, 11:55 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jimroy
    I took the plunge yesterday and switched to them.
    I was hanging out for the Big Switch launch yesterday.
    That one has come fourth down my list and third with the cash back.
    But Green Network Energy's still top of the list for me so with six weeks to go before my fixed Topaz 12 tariff ends with GBEnergy Supply, I thought I'd better bite the bullet.
    I'm an IGT gas customer so it takes twice as long to switch the gas anyhow.
    Let's see how they deal with that one. *NotHoldingBreath*
    Update: So far so good. Project Nexus depending re the gas. I'm waiting to see what happens post the 6th June.
    Last edited by jimroy; 26-05-2017 at 2:40 PM. Reason: Update.
    • mach202
    • By mach202 1st May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mach202
    prices quoted
    Hi folks,

I notice that the prices quoted by GNE do not include VAT.

So you may need to allow for 5% extra when comparing prices.

I prefer to make my own comparisons in a spreadsheet.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 1st May 17, 12:09 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    footyguy
    Hi folks,

I notice that the prices quoted by GNE do not include VAT.

So you may need to allow for 5% extra when comparing prices.

I prefer to make my own comparisons in a spreadsheet.
    Originally posted by mach202
    Hi, and welcome to MSE

Consult a comparison site and find the best deal for you from the whole of market.

Comparison sites accredited by Ofgem all display prices inclusive of VAT, afaik.
    • tomski67
    • By tomski67 1st Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tomski67
    tomski67
    I joined GNE on march 1st and must say I'm not very happy-website is basic in the least, they took my first direct payment soon as account set up which I wasn't expecting and on Tuesday they asked for meter reading which I tried to send them but because I'd only used 8 units of gas the reading would not register and I kept getting a message saying 'reading too low try again or call this number'. I then rang the given number only to be told that there was a fault on the line and engineers were working on it! Next I emailed customer services and at this point of writing have had NO reply (3days later)! A pretty shabby set up all round in my opinion which is a shame as prices seem quite reasonable so please sort out your company....
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 2nd Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jimroy
    Yes. I've only called them once and it was a bit of a nightmare and waste of time due to a language barrier. I don't know if the person I spoke with was UK based or not.

I switched to them on the 15th May, and I'm hoping not to call them again during the course of my year's contract and just use their (in my opinion) easy to use website and mobile app to submit my meter readings every quarter.

It's still early days.
    • Patm
    • By Patm 3rd Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Patm
    I have been a customer since December 2016.
    I have not had any problems with supply and they have dealt with any queries i have had without any delay.

I would certainly have no problem with recommending them as a supplier.

I noticed that last September that Green Network Energy and BP Gas Marketing Limited had signed a co-agreement governing the U.K. market.
    This gives me the confidence that it has at least got serious backing for supply to the UK market.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin