Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 10th Feb 17, 7:29 PM
    • 17,744Posts
    • 38,235Thanks
    Glad
    The Compers Inn (part 47)
    • 10th Feb 17, 7:29 PM
    The Compers Inn (part 47) 10th Feb 17 at 7:29 PM
    Welcome to the new Inn

for comping and non comping chitchat leaving the rest of the board for comping discussions

previous thread here
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 66
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 6th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 26,450 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Pleased you are home and enjoyed your trip Sheils.

It's been pouring down all morning here and very windy and cold. Just thought hope it's not like this on Thursday.

Take care everyone.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 6th Jun 17, 9:51 AM
    • 137,809 Posts
    • 3,811,454 Thanks
    fire**fly

good morning all

sounds a busy day had yesterday Alfie

great the pansies are all doing well sheils,
    i love seeing them in gardens,
    always so colourful & cheery

hope weather clears up for Thursday for you leanfun x

just finished the online shop but got to nip out
    in this pouring rain up to paper shop
    wellies & brolly at the ready lol,
    have a lovely day all CYL
    x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
    A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near,
    *fairysprinkles to all ¸¸..¸¸.*
    Duchess Tinkerbell fire**fly of the Alphabetty thread

• AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 7th Jun 17, 6:49 AM
    • 12,270 Posts
    • 50,725 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

I hope you're all ok.

After a very strange weather day yesterday (a mix of
    wind and sudden onset of sharp showers) today I've
    woken up to a bright n' breezy day with not a cloud in
    sight! Got to make the most cos it can change so
    quickly at the mo!

Your pansies sound lovely sheils - absolutely gorgeous
    little flowers and as fire**fly says - always so colourful &
    cheery!

Have a brilliant and safe day all whatever you have planned.
    I will catch up later.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    #findcorrie

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 7th Jun 17, 8:40 AM
    • 14,958 Posts
    • 103,649 Thanks
    sheils6

The rain has finally stopped here and the sun is shining!
    Just saw the above pic, which reminded me of the grass area just up the road from us. It is like a scene from Watership Down when you walk past.

Lovely pansy pic Alfie. I have always loved pansies but they don't usually do well in my garden. Added fresh soil where I planed them this year though so fingers crossed.

Hope you didn't get too wet nipping out yesterday FF.

We have DD and her bf coming for dinner tonight as we are all going away next Monday (not to same place) Going to make a steak pie.

Wishing everyone a lucky day.

sheils x
    July wins :- Marstens T-shirt £100 Ticketmaster £1 x2 GfK £76.50 Quidco
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 7th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 26,450 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Well yesterday was another surprise evening thanks to comping. Yesterday lunch time I had a phone call from the Evening Standard offering two tickets to a preview filming of Churchill at the May Fair hotel in the evening. DH was very keen so we said yes. Obviously people had dropped out.
    The Centre of London was quiet we saw a number of police vans and armed police near the hotel. It was a chilling feeling on train through London Bridge going over Borough Market. DD1 works in the city so does it everyday.
    The film was brilliantly acted. Brian Cox, who plays Churchill and the director were at hotel and spoke beforehand. The other main actor Miranda Richardson was also excellent. Film depicted meetings leading up to DD landings. Whatever your politics the acting was gripping.
    We made it there and back without a soaking from the rain and we're home in record time. Today were are going up again for TapeFace.

Love you pansy pic Alfie. Like Sheils one of my favourite flowers.
    Hope everyone has a good and lucky day.
    • lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 7th Jun 17, 9:27 AM
    • 5,812 Posts
    • 33,672 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia

Good morning all, sorry I didn't pop in yesterday but was quite poorly with a touch of tummy bug and spent a lot of the day in bed. Feeling better today though.

I love pansies too and violas Sheils and have lots on my patio.

Hope you didn't get too wet going out yesterday firefly.

Weather here looks like it might be OK today.

Glad you enjoyed the film yesterday leanfun. It must have been quite scary going over London Bridge. Glad you are all OK.

Have a lovely day everyone and good luck.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
    • wingobins
    • By wingobins 7th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 20,538 Posts
    • 366,059 Thanks
    wingobins
    Morning all suns back out today after a non stop rainy two days! I think it's a bit windy though.

Hope it stays out for you Alfie if you're in the garden. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!

Enjoy your evening with DD and her BF Sheils. Hope you get some nice weather for Monday

I expect you're busy this morning fire**fly if you have to nip to the shops. Hope you get caught up with everything

Great win Leanfun It's great that you win tickets that you want for shows Enjoy Thursday and hope the suns out.

Did you have a good holiday Sylvia? At least it was nicer weather last week anyway! We've had flooding around the area but not too severe.

Hope you have a good day indie/Rose and everyone else too

I've got sons football club presentation to go to tonight. It will probably be another long night like the TJFA presentation night was!
    The tent is getting delivered this week too! it's one of those new quick inflate ones too and they look great!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone!
    • wingobins
    • By wingobins 7th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 20,538 Posts
    • 366,059 Thanks
    wingobins
    I must have been typing as you posted Sylvia! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too good yesterday and hope you're feeling better now xx
    I agree it must have been scary going over London Bridge. My niece works in London and had came home on that Saturday before it happened and that's the route she takes too.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone!
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 7th Jun 17, 9:40 AM
    • 137,809 Posts
    • 3,811,454 Thanks
    fire**fly

good morning all

sunny morning here but very breezy,
    lol, did get a bit wet yesterday
    lovely pics this morning again thanks all

have a lovely time with DD & BF tonight sheils,

well done on tickets win leanfun
    big ((hugs)) sylv & hope tummy is lots better xx

have a lovely day all & hopefully a lucky one
    x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh

• indie
    • By indie 7th Jun 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,213 Posts
    • 12,306 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, well done on the ticket win leanfun. I have seen the film advertised and it looks good. Hope you have a good night with DD and BF sheils. Hope your feeling better today sylv.
    I have been to the tip and bank this morning,going to plant some pots up today, been waiting for rain to stop and it has after 2 days non stop so better be quick as they said it will be back later.
    Hope you all have a lucky day.
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 7th Jun 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 26,450 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Hope you are better soon Sylvia. Take it easy today.

Wingo great to hear the tent will be delivered soon. Sounds brilliant if it goes up easily must be a good one. Really pleased for you and family.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 8th Jun 17, 6:40 AM
    • 14,958 Posts
    • 103,649 Thanks
    sheils6

O'h well it was nice to see the sun yesterday - rain back today.
    Had a lovely night with DD and her bf. Spent some of it advising on saving money on household bills so DD went away with a list of things to do! She has got their Sky bill down and got rid of their pay electric meter which was in their house so she has already started. Can't believe what companies are getting away with charging when people don't take out contracts etc.

It must be nice getting all these free tickets leanfun, glad you are enjoying them all.

Hope you got your plants potted up indie.

Wingo I saw your pic of your DS holding trophies on FB. Were they all his? He must be good.

Sylvia, hope you are feeling better today.

Good luck everyone.

sheils x
    July wins :- Marstens T-shirt £100 Ticketmaster £1 x2 GfK £76.50 Quidco
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 8th Jun 17, 7:27 AM
    • 12,270 Posts
    • 50,725 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

Hope you're all ok - sorry to hear that you were poorly the
    other day sylv - hope you're feeling a lot better now.

After a weeny bit of rain through the night it's another
    bright n' breezy day here.

Very well done with your latest tickets win leanfun - absolutely
    brilliant. Hope you had an enjoyable time yesterday.

How was the football club presentation yesterday evening
    wingo? It's excellent that your tent will be arriving so
    quickly! It sounds a brilliant design and so quick to put
    up!

Sounds as if you had a lovely time yesterday with DD and
    her bf sheils - love the money saving advice on household
    bills etc.

Well must get another cuppa before my day begins.

Have a lovely and lucky day all and take care.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    #findcorrie

• fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 8th Jun 17, 8:46 AM
    • 137,809 Posts
    • 3,811,454 Thanks
    fire**fly

good morning all
    rainy morning here

great you had a lovely time with DD & bf shiels x

hope you're much better today sylv x
    wishing you all a lovely lucky day
    x

• leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 8th Jun 17, 9:28 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 26,450 Thanks
    leanfun30
    Morning. Just lost post as battery went! Start again

We had another great night last night at Tape Face. It was at the Garrick theatre which is very old and quite small with three tiers and very ornate. We were in the stalls BB 1and 2 which turned out to be the second row. Downside he came off stage looking for participants. My heat beat faster every time he went past but as we were about the oldest there we were safe. Others near us went up and were brilliant. The whole thing was really funny, wonderful to hear so many young people laughing. It was opening night so red carpet was out. Im sure some celebs there but I'm not good at spotting people.

Yes, Sheils I've been so lucky with tickets and we have enjoyed some good evenings. Just what we needed. To be truthful I think the tickets this week were because people dropped out and didn't want to go into London. We were later going in yesterday and there were lots of people about both going in and going home. Everything seemed as normal. Thinking back wasn't true for Tape Face as the lady phoned on Friday. I think someone dropped out for a different reason.
    Pleased you had a good evening with DD and BF. Our DD1 has been going through her household finances recently. It's so easy to be paying too much.

Sylvia hope you are feeling much better now.

Rose hope you are ok.

Wingo how is your brother?

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by leanfun30; 08-06-2017 at 9:39 AM.
    • lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 8th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    • 5,812 Posts
    • 33,672 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia

Good morning all wet here again and very windy. Feeling better today so thats good. Just took an old lady nearby to the polling station to vote, we do a postal vote now. She was pleased anyway as they have moved it to the library which is up a steep hill so thats my good deed done for the day.

Saw you DS's pic on fb Wingo, well done.

Glad you enjoyed your night out yesterday leanfun you are doing really well with your ticket wins.

Hugs for anyone needing them.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
    • indie
    • By indie 8th Jun 17, 10:08 AM
    • 2,213 Posts
    • 12,306 Thanks
    indie
    Morning, glad you enjoyed the evening leanfun,i would love to go to shows in London but live too far away now. I do enter if there is overnight stay as well but not been lucky yet. I use to live 20 mins away from central London when growing up and had some good nights out there.
    Well it's very cloudy here but dry and the wind has dropped at last. I did get my planting done but just keeping an eye on them now as the wind battered them a bit. Off out to vote soon, thank goodness it will all be over soon and hopefully won't be bombarded by all sides having digs at each other.Hope you all have a lucky day.
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 8th Jun 17, 4:10 PM
    • 5,944 Posts
    • 34,083 Thanks
    rosemac
    Afternoon everyone. Hope you are all well. Have had a virus which knocked me for six. Feeling a bit better now. Had to spend 24 hours in hospital to rehydrate me. Will catch up later as DS is going to pick me up to go down and vote. Legs are still a bit shaky but will manage. Hope everyone is well. Will read back shortly to find out what everyone is up to. Then it is catch up on comps lol. Will I do it ?doubt it Hope there have been a few wins for everyone. Will check my e/mails later to see if I have been lucky for may. Fingers crossed.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 8th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 137,809 Posts
    • 3,811,454 Thanks
    fire**fly
    big (((hugs))) rose &

xx

• AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 9th Jun 17, 6:50 AM
    • 12,270 Posts
    • 50,725 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

This weather is certainly keeping me on my toes at the
    mo - we ended up with rain yesterday late afternoon/early
    evening and now it's a beautiful start to the day once
    again - sunshine and blue skies!

So sorry to hear that you've been poorly rose ....
    sending big ((((hugs)))) xxx

Have a lovely and lucky day all and please take care
    whatever you're up to.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    #findcorrie

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin