Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 10th Feb 17, 7:29 PM
    • 17,821Posts
    • 38,571Thanks
    Glad
    The Compers Inn (part 47)
    • 10th Feb 17, 7:29 PM
    The Compers Inn (part 47) 10th Feb 17 at 7:29 PM
    Welcome to the new Inn

for comping and non comping chitchat leaving the rest of the board for comping discussions

previous thread here
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 58
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 18th May 17, 10:41 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,314 Thanks
    fire**fly
    love cheese omelettes as well rose,
    specially with red & green peppers &/or tomatoes
    have to have fresh ground black pepper on top as well
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
    A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near,
    *fairysprinkles to all ¸¸..¸¸.*
    Duchess Tinkerbell fire**fly of the Alphabetty thread

• lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 18th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 33,983 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia
    Good evening everyone, sorry not been in as been busy with one thing and another.

Its all action round your way Rose! Did you find out what all the police were about. Secret admirer
    wonder who it can be.

I love omelettes too especially chese ones.

Big thanks for all the well wishes for DH's birthday have passed them on.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 18th May 17, 11:23 PM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 34,693 Thanks
    rosemac
    Seemingly there was a big fight with two gangs. One from here and another from Glasgow. Phoned DS earlier and he told me.
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 19th May 17, 6:20 AM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 34,693 Thanks
    rosemac
    Morning peeps. Looks as if it is going to be another bright and sunny day here. Was awake again at stupid o'clock (5am) Hope everyone is well. Have a lucky day.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 19th May 17, 8:29 AM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,314 Thanks
    fire**fly

good morning all
    lol, back to the drizzly rain here this morning
    sounds awful re the gang fights rose,
    hope it's all quieter now for you all x
    lol, I wasn't far behind you then as got up around 6
    needed to catch up on a few things as got food delivery coming in a bit,
    hope everyone's well & ((hugs))
    for anyone needing one have a lovely lucky day all
    x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh

• sheils6
    • By sheils6 19th May 17, 8:33 AM
    • 15,077 Posts
    • 104,362 Thanks
    sheils6
    Good Morning all,
    Have had a lovely time in Northumbria and Newcastle areas and weather been Ok apart from one day. Been round all the Nat Trust and English Heritage sights as well as Whitley Bay and Tynemouth. It is bucketing this morning though and sunshine at home so glad we are heading off soon,
    Have been keeping up with everyone even though I didn't get round to posting. Have a lucky day.

sheils x
    Good Luck for November
    Nov Wins :- £5 Quidco
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 19th May 17, 8:58 AM
    • 12,817 Posts
    • 53,661 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

Hope you're all ok. It's another glorious start to the day
    here - hope it lasts!

Sounds as if you were mega busy yesterday doing all things
    gardening rose/indie.

Weirdest thing has just happened. Went out for a walk with neighbour. Got back and there was flowers at my door with a note "From an old friend" Nipped in to tanning shop to see if they had seen anyone and they told me a guy had come in and asked if he could borrow a piece of paper and a pen. I asked the girls what he looked like and I can't for the life of me think who it is.
    Originally posted by rosemac
    ...... most definitely a secret admirer!

Please don't worry about your back and front gardens being
    overgrown leanfun - your health is far more important plus
    looking on the bright side of things ..... just think how you're
    benefitting all the wildlife!

A garden is a friend you can visit anytime

Sounds as if you've had a brilliant few days away sheils.

Well had better get a move on - gas man will be arriving soon
    to service the boiler then that's all done for another year.

Have a lovely and lucky day all and please take care.

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    #findcorrie

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    Another proud Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 19th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 34,693 Thanks
    rosemac
    Postie has brought me a pair of mopping shoes. Must be a comp win. But I have no idea from which comp. They are pink and covered in bobbly bits. Just looked them up on Amazon they are for dusting mopping and polishing the floor
    Last edited by rosemac; 19-05-2017 at 4:18 PM.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 19th May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,314 Thanks
    fire**fly
    well done on the win rose
    had a quick look for you but can't spot anything either,

hope all went well with boiler check Alfie,

sounds like you both had a great time sheils

• wingobins
    • By wingobins 19th May 17, 6:55 PM
    • 20,555 Posts
    • 366,165 Thanks
    wingobins
    Evening lovelies thank goodness it's Friday at last! It's been a long week and the kids in school are off timetable so a bit more hyped up and anxious this week. I wish I had some wine in!

I've seen them mopping shoes Rose If I wore them on the floors I would have Jasper chasing me all over!

Good luck with the boiler service Alfie. Twice we called a plumber out and they never came for a service and to fit a radiator so still haven't got one out!

Sounds like you've had a lovely few days Sheils Today has been the most wettest this week here but it's still fairly clammy! I meant to say, DD and the guy she likes I was telling you about still haven't gone on a date together as they're both as shy as each other but they do all have movie night and sleep overs with all the college friends as they all get along so well together as friends. I was a bit worried at first lads and lasses sleeping over together but it's nothing to worry about they're a good group of people and sensible He is lovely though and I do hope he asks her out eventually!

Have you had any wins fire**fly? I was reading back last night but then fell asleep again! Then when I went to bed...had restless legs!

Well school have been silly with son again this week. They gave him a detention for being 2 mins late, when he went to it they said he wasn't on the list. The next night I got a text saying he hadn't turned up for detention but they hadn't told him it was the next night. I tried calling but they ignore my calls then they decided to put him in consequence room again so I told him to get it out the way and don't give them anything to moan at so he done full days consequence room. Well yesterday he had a nosebleed on way to class so run in toilet for tissue. Teacher asked where he had been even though he knew, when son told him about the nosebleed the teacher said it was no excuse and gave him detention again! (Only a year to go son...stick it out!)
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone!
    • lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 19th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 33,983 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia

Good evening all, not been a very tood weaather day here. Hope its been better where you are.

Went out for coffee with a friend this morning which was good and to town this afternoon so been a busy day.

Surprise parcel came today, some more Astonish Cleaning products which are always welcome, family love them too.

Hope you have all had a lovely day.

Glad you got home safe Sheils and have sunshine back home.
    • lomaxsylvia
    • By lomaxsylvia 19th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 33,983 Thanks
    lomaxsylvia
    Sorry Wingo we must have been typing at the same time. I would be really angy with the school about Son. Quite frankly its discusting how they are treating him and you dont need to go through all this again after all the trouble with DD. I would be down the school complaing and wouldn't leave until the situation was resolved. Sorry rant over and big hugs for you.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 19th May 17, 7:37 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,314 Thanks
    fire**fly
    great surprise parcel sylv well done
    lol yes, had a few goodwins beginning of the month wingo
    hope you can sort out the school probs sounds awful how
    they treat the kids
    Last edited by fire**fly; 19-05-2017 at 7:42 PM.

• wingobins
    • By wingobins 19th May 17, 10:36 PM
    • 20,555 Posts
    • 366,165 Thanks
    wingobins
    Great win Sylvia well done
    That's good you've had some nice wins too fire**fly
    I think the school will eventually have drastic measures put in place as it's ridiculous! I'm all for disciplining the kids when they step out of line but they are down right bullies to the kids and it's no wonder the kids are acting the way they are nowadays, it's like they want the kids to fail. I work in neighbouring school and share the corridors and halls with the school and see what goes on some times. Plus, we may book the hall months in advance and they often decide last minute they will use the hall instead!

I'm just watching Roy Orbison on tv, it's in black & white and I've just noticed Bruce Springsteen singing with him too! I quite like Roy Orbisons songs
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone!
    • rosemac
    • By rosemac 20th May 17, 7:29 AM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 34,693 Thanks
    rosemac
    Morning Peeps. Not a nice day here today. Dull and wet. Oh well suppose good weather had to break sometime. Will save me watering the plants. Was going to put up some canes and a net in the old trough we have in courtyard in readiness for some sweet peas. But it can wait we have a couple of weeks before I have to go and get some. Hope everyone is well and for those that are not (((((hugs)))))))) and speedy recovery.
    • sheils6
    • By sheils6 20th May 17, 7:46 AM
    • 15,077 Posts
    • 104,362 Thanks
    sheils6

Looks like it is going to be a showery day here. My little pansies are about ready to plant out now but think I will buy some soil to put in the border where they are going. Got most of our washing dried yesterday as we got home early so guess what is sitting waiting to be done now!

Can never believe how bad your son's school is wingo. I am so glad I don't have kids at school now. My sons all used to manage to get involved in fights especially middle one. The female teacher we always used to have to see acted like it wasn't normal for boys to fight. She didn't have a family and acted like boys were a foreign species. She was OK with girls. DS3 was excluded for a day on his second week at high school as boy pushed him so he pushed him over.
    I like Roy Orbison too - bought his greatest hits after watching a programme on him ages ago.

Well done on more Astonish stuff Sylvia - your house must be gleaming!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

sheils x
    Good Luck for November
    Nov Wins :- £5 Quidco
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 20th May 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1,165 Posts
    • 12,540 Thanks
    3forholidays
    Hello everyone

Lovely to read of some wins. Congratulations to the winners!

Hope everyone is well and has a lovely weekend.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC 10 - No 043 £520
    • AlfieBlue
    • By AlfieBlue 20th May 17, 8:07 AM
    • 12,817 Posts
    • 53,661 Thanks
    AlfieBlue

Good morning everyone

Hope you're all ok on this glorious Saturday
    morning.

It's another beautiful start to the day here - the sun is
    shining, skies are blue and birdies are singing away -
    all is well.

Boiler service went very well - all fine - done and dusted
    for another year.

Postie has brought me a pair of mopping shoes. Must be a comp win. But I have no idea from which comp. They are pink and covered in bobbly bits. Just looked them up on Amazon they are for dusting mopping and polishing the floor
    Originally posted by rosemac
    Excellent win rose - 'mop while you bop'!

Surprise parcel came today, some more Astonish Cleaning products which are always welcome, family love them too.
    Originally posted by lomaxsylvia
    Very well done sylv - another great win!

wingo - the school sounds an absolute disgrace! Thank
    the Lord your son only has one more year to go. Bet you'll be
    so relieved when he's finally out of there!

Have a wonderful day all and please take care whatever
    you're up to!

Alfie xxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    #findcorrie

Princess Alpha & Chief Faffer of the Alpha-betty thread
    Another proud Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 20th May 17, 8:17 AM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,314 Thanks
    fire**fly

good morning all
    sunny here but still a nip in the air,

hope it brightens up later for you rose/sheils,
    sounds like a load of ironing got to be done sheils

like roy orbison as well wingo,
    have quite a lot of his cd's

hiya 3forholidays

lol, love that one 'mop while you bop' Alfie
    have a lovely day all & fingers crossed for all
    x

• leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 20th May 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1,785 Posts
    • 29,495 Thanks
    leanfun30
    just spent a while with this post then thought I'd add a link I found recently of our bedroom. Saved post then lost it!

Start with link this time of bedroom win. Two years down the line and I still have to pinch myself. This is from the designers post.

https://www.homify.co.uk/projects/311245

These pictures were taken by the photographer and we didn't have curtains up. Sarah had had them stollen at The warehouse and later bought more.

Even the photographer went wow when he saw the room.

Wingo I feel the same as everyone in here. Those teachers are a disgrace. Like Sylvia my blood boils.

Alfie thanks for kind words. On a positibpve note two Rose buses that wernt pruned now have loads of flowers hanging over high wall for all to see going by.

Well done on Astonish win Sylvia lovely surprise.

Hi 3forhols like you wish everyone a good and lucky weekend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,858Posts Today

8,114Users online

Martin's Twitter