Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 9th Feb 17, 7:46 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 286Thanks
    Macey1510
    Goals and Dreams
    • 9th Feb 17, 7:46 PM
    Goals and Dreams 9th Feb 17 at 7:46 PM
    Hi I recently came across the debt free diaries and have found them so inspiring.
    I have decided to start my own to help keep me focused in getting out of debt and fulfilling my goals.

I live with my partner, (we have separate finances). We are renting and my partner pays most of the bills as he has a lot more money coming in than me.
    I have one son who is 24 and lives with my mom and dad and 2 step sons who are 23 and live with their mom. We also have a dog and a cat.

I have been in debt one way or another since I was 18 (for over 20 years) with nothing to show for it.

My debts now are -
    CC 1 - £900 CCJ
    CC 2 - £1970 Defaulted
    Next Catalogue - £997 up to date

Total Debt £3867

The Next Catalogue is the only debt with interest being charged. The credit cards are being paid off at reduced rates.

My Incomings are £600 a month.

Recently we had the devastating news that my mom has cancer so I am caring for her at home. Since all this has happened I really feel the need to be in control of all my finances and to help my mom and dad as much as possible.

My Goals

To help my mom and dad with their finances and save them as much money as possible.

I hope to be out of debt and have some savings by 2020 (which is when my CCJ comes off my file) I am going to concentrate on the Next Catalogue first and then move onto the credit cards and then start saving.

Dreams

To become self employed again. I studied ceramics and textiles but had to sell all my equipment in the recession. I love making things and miss it so much.

To have our own house.

Changes I'm Planning To Make

- To only buy things I really need.
    - To shop more sensibly for food and essentials.
    - To cook larger amounts and freeze more.
    - To earn some money whilst spending time with my mom (not sure how I'm going to do this yet)

I think that's it for now.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Macey1510; 12-02-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: To add total debt
Page 4
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 15th Mar 17, 9:53 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    Well done on the 3bay sales.

It's hard when your Mom is so unwell. I hope both she and you have an easier day today. xx
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    Thanks Cherry! x
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 15th Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    Sorry to read that about your Mum. Hope she is doing better soon.
    Originally posted by Bobarella
    Thanks Bob! x
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 15th Mar 17, 11:56 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    I Made my minimum payments to my CCs this morning of £20.

I have that middle of the month feeling again
    I am hoping to raise some more funds before £ day at the end of the month but I'm not sure if this will be possible. I have 12 items on 3bay but only 1 has 1 watcher and I'm hoping to re open my Etsy shop on Monday but that could take a long while for anything to happen.

It's my Dads birthday tomorrow so I'm going to pop into town this afternoon to get him a present. I'm going to have to use my spending money as I haven't budgeted for presents. I used to make most gifts for people but just haven't got the time or energy at the moment so I will need to alter my budget again later.

Have a lovely afternoon!
    Last edited by Macey1510; 15-03-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additions
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 19th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    I don't have much going on money wise at the moment. I am still watching what I'm spending and working on my business whenever I can.

My 3bay items end this evening but still not much interest.

Yesterday whilst I was waiting for my Moms prescription I had a look in a couple of charity shops and I treated myself to a summer dress from the £1 rail

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 19th Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 414 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Nice to treat yourself Macey, and even nicer when it's £1!

How did 3bay go?
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 20th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 10,623 Posts
    • 68,502 Thanks
    Bobarella
    It's annoying when eBay items don't sell isn't it. I have some that just go round and round month after month.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe"

Debt neutral 27/03/17 from £40k in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £54.82 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1855 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 21st Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    Nice to treat yourself Macey, and even nicer when it's £1!

How did 3bay go?
    Originally posted by Cherryfudge
    Hi Cherry, I didn't do very well with 3bay I only made £2.97...but it's better than nothing x
    • Macey1510
    • By Macey1510 21st Mar 17, 1:12 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Macey1510
    It's annoying when eBay items don't sell isn't it. I have some that just go round and round month after month.
    Originally posted by Bobarella
    Hi Bob, I have re-listed them so hopefully they will sell this weekend.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 26th Mar 17, 9:49 PM
    • 414 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Hello Macey, you've been quiet over the past few days. Hope all is okay and you're just busy.
    Look after yourself. x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

422Posts Today

4,061Users online

Martin's Twitter