Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hvenable68
    • By hvenable68 9th Feb 17, 10:15 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    hvenable68
    NCP Not Parked Correctly within markings of bay space
    • 9th Feb 17, 10:15 AM
    NCP Not Parked Correctly within markings of bay space 9th Feb 17 at 10:15 AM
    Hello I parked outside the lines in the ncp car park because to park within the lines would mean the vehicle next to me would not be able to get into their vehicle without potential damage to my car. On returning to the car park I had a parking charge. I must point out there is no signage about the parking outside the lines on the floor or other floors. The only signs I could see is a large board(small print) as you take your ticket on entering the car park. Since then Ive been sent numerous letter now from ZZPS who say they will take to solicitor if no payment. The current charge is now £160. Any ideas how should handle this situation? My arguement is there was no signage on the floor to warn people that they are breaking the car park rule. what should I do? Im nervous about ignoring the letters?
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 17, 10:23 AM
    • 39,243 Posts
    • 78,406 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Feb 17, 10:23 AM
    • 9th Feb 17, 10:23 AM
    I'm assuming you didn't appeal the original PCN stuck on the car, or ignored the NTK (Notice to Keeper) that came through the post. Please confirm this.

Ignoring has not been advised here since the law changed in 2012.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES. This explains why it is safe to ignore powerless debt collectors.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 17, 10:41 AM
    • 13,164 Posts
    • 20,566 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Feb 17, 10:41 AM
    • 9th Feb 17, 10:41 AM
    For posterity you might want to get time-stamped photos of the signage at the car park. While NCP are not currently litigious in England and Wales (they're just starting to poke their head above the parapet in Scotland), they do have the balance of 6 years to pursue this. It's no good going for photos in 5 years time!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2,151 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    The current charge is not £160, you have obviously got to the debt collectors stage and they have slapped on their £60 charge for the sport of scaring you with silly ignorable scrap paper.

ZZPS are lying they will not talk to a solicitor, a solicitor could only act on instruction from the PPC or landowner and the silly debt collector will be out of the loop.

What ever you do don't pay them or communicate with them.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 09-02-2017 at 4:15 PM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Feb 17, 11:34 AM
    • 6,578 Posts
    • 5,521 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:34 AM
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:34 AM
    Write to the PPC asking them what the extra £60 is for. It will cost them money to reply, and their reply can be used against them if it gets to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Feb 17, 11:37 AM
    • 31,514 Posts
    • 15,528 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:37 AM
    • 9th Feb 17, 11:37 AM
    Write to the PPC asking them what the extra £60 is for. It will cost them money to reply, and their reply can be used against them if it gets to court.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    It's generally the advice here not to raise your head at all by contacting the ppc during the debt collector stage.
    • hvenable68
    • By hvenable68 9th Feb 17, 4:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hvenable68
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:07 PM
    thanks
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:07 PM
    Hi thanks for responding. I did not appeal the pcn I just ignored it. I read all sorts of threads most said Ignore!
    • hvenable68
    • By hvenable68 9th Feb 17, 4:13 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hvenable68
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:13 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:13 PM
    Unfortunately I did respond to ZZPS debt collectors by email asking for evidence of the alleged infringement and pointed out the lack of signage in the NCP car park as their no signs on any levels or at the pay station etc There is only a sign in tiny print as you drive into car park to take a ticket and photos with a date stamp has been taken. I have looked at threads and thanks to all those who have tried to help/advise. I will update this thread to keep all in the loop for future reference. I see that poplar code could be the next response should the collectors become unreasonable.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 17, 4:19 PM
    • 39,243 Posts
    • 78,406 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:19 PM
    • 9th Feb 17, 4:19 PM
    Unfortunately I did respond to ZZPS debt collectors by email asking for evidence of the alleged infringement and pointed out the lack of signage in the NCP car park as their no signs on any levels or at the pay station etc There is only a sign in tiny print as you drive into car park to take a ticket and photos with a date stamp has been taken. I have looked at threads and thanks to all those who have tried to help/advise. I will update this thread to keep all in the loop for future reference. I see that poplar code could be the next response should the collectors become unreasonable.
    Originally posted by hvenable68
    Since you have missed the initial appeal deadline to NCP there is now no chance for a PoPLA appeal. You can't appeal to PoPLA without a PoPLA code and you can't get one of those if you haven't appealed to the parking scammers in the first place, and you are too late to do that.

All you will get from the debt collectors is free but poor quality bog paper. Ignore everything and anything you get from the debt crawlers, and never, ever, ever, eve, ever, contact them, ever.

In case NCP try court in the next six years, get pics of the signs at the entrance and around the car park.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 09-02-2017 at 4:23 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th Feb 17, 4:19 PM
    • 2,151 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    fisherjim
    If you are at debt collection stage that boat has sailed, and debt collectors are only interested in money skimming they won't be interested in anything to do with what happened on the day or signage.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 17, 4:22 PM
    • 39,243 Posts
    • 78,406 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi thanks for responding. I did not appeal the pcn I just ignored it. I read all sorts of threads most said Ignore!
    You won't see advice to ignore on this forum. You know where to come, and send friends and family if it happens again.
    I don't have a sister.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 17, 4:45 PM
    • 46,966 Posts
    • 60,337 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I read all sorts of threads most said Ignore!
    And the date on those posts was...?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Feb 17, 12:16 AM
    • 6,578 Posts
    • 5,521 Thanks
    The Deep
    It's generally the advice here not to raise your head at all by contacting the ppc during the debt collector stage.
    Originally posted by Quentin

As I have said many times before Quentin, I am not always convinced that a consensus is the best way forward.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Mark12345678
    • By Mark12345678 16th Mar 17, 6:50 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mark12345678
    zzps ncp
    My daughter parked just outside a parking bay line
    She's ignored everything now a letter has arrived threatening solicitors Wright Hassell £160.00 saying an extra £30.00 plus vat if they pass it onto them.
    Any advice
    • Mark12345678
    • By Mark12345678 16th Mar 17, 6:56 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mark12345678
    My daughter parked just outside a parking bay line at an ncp carpark in Leicester
    She's ignored everything now a letter has arrived threatening solicitors Wright Hassell £160.00 saying an extra £30.00 plus vat if they pass it onto them.
    Any advice
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Mar 17, 6:59 PM
    • 13,164 Posts
    • 20,566 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    My daughter parked just outside a parking bay line
    Any advice
    Originally posted by Mark12345678
    1. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, which tells you how to deal with this.

2. Start a new thread of your own where you will get advice pertinent to your case. Forum rules - one thread per case.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

6,956Users online

Martin's Twitter