Worcester Bosch guarantee - how good is it?

Options

Comments

• MikeEngTech
    Options
    Yes it sounds like a Worcester warranty and their sevice is very good. I am very experienced working on them and was accredited for years
  • MikeEngTech
    Options
    Read their warranty terms. They normally charge around £150 plus vat I think for a new main heat exchanger under warranty after the first 12 months or something.
  • jogu
    jogu Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Read their warranty terms. They normally charge around £150 plus vat I think for a new main heat exchanger under warranty after the first 12 months or something.

According to https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/professional/gas-boiler-primary-heat-exchanger-guarantee the main heat exchanger has a 10 year warranty. I cannot find any evidence of a 12 month limit or a £150 charge.
  • MikeEngTech
    MikeEngTech Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2018 at 2:04AM
    Options
    Sorry just checked again. I have had 3 done for my clients. All had to pay around £150 and the boilers were all around 8 years old. Read the first bullet point of the terms again. If the installer is offering a Worcester extended warranty of 10 years on the whole boiler then great. But if it's only 5-7 on the boiler and only 10 on the main heat exchanger then if it fails inbetween these periods you still have to pay for their labour to replace.
    Watch out for for the pH requirements. I have not had one knocked back but a pH below 8 is not always easily maintained nor good for steel radiators.This is the big compromise with aluminium in a mixed metal system. I don't install them as my first choice anymore. Aluminium heat exchangers are for making the boilers more compact at the cost of durability. Prefer stainless steel where possible. They should last 10 years on most systems but many dont. So I think Worcester are a little unreasonable to charge for replacing an aluminium heat exchanger under warranty. You can't prevent the condensate from corroding them as it is acidic.
    Don't worry I don't want to put you off, they are reliable boilers and great customer service. Doesnt mention in the brochure about this charge and some of my clients were caught out by it. If you have the room then the CDI Classic is the proven workhorse of the range and built for larger houses, regardless of what the brochure says. The compacts have a small expansion vessel and this causes issues in larger systems so you may need an external vessel as well. I have a CDI Classic in my flat and it has never missed a beat in 5 years. I didnt need a big boiler but it's the more reliable of the range.
  • jogu
    jogu Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The warranty I got on the whole boiler is definitely 10 years.

For reasons I don't understand the 10 year warranty scheme for the boiler doesn't seem to be shown on Worcester's bosch website, but it does still seem to be running if you use an accredited installer, here's one example:

http://whitesplumbingandheating.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/WB-WAI-10-YEAR.pdf

The terms of the offer seem to vary a little; when I got my boiler about a year ago you needed to have the worcester controls (as well as their system filter) to get the full 10 years.
  • MikeEngTech
    Options
    I'm no longer accredited with them, I dropped out as I was installing other makes more but I have installed all of their current range. Their warranty promotions for accredited installers is always changing.
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I spoke direct to Worcester Bosch after my installer told me I would get a full 10 year guarantee. They also confirmed it is a full 10 year parts and labour guarantee . only stipulation is it must be serviced every year
  • jhe
    Options
    Ant555 wrote: »
    I know this started a while ago but is it still 10 years warranty on Worcester Bosch?

Ive just had a quote for an upgrade to a WB 30 and quote says 5 years upgraded to 6 if I have the filter fitted. All subject to an annual service though.

I have just seen an advert by my Worcester accredited installer.
    He is advertising up to a 10 year guarantee on Worcester Bosch boilers. and Baxi
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    It!!!8217;s not a guarantee it!!!8217;s a warentee no different to any other boiler manu out there, the main heat exchanger does have 10 yrs except it!!!8217;s the part only & will cost you £269 for them to change it, don!!!8217;t believe the hype or which magazine there are far better boilers out there
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • jhe
    Options
    It!!!8217;s not a guarantee it!!!8217;s a warentee no different to any other boiler manu out there, the main heat exchanger does have 10 yrs except it!!!8217;s the part only & will cost you £269 for them to change it, don!!!8217;t believe the hype or which magazine there are far better boilers out there
    I cannot quite understand your post, but regarding my Worcester Bosch installation last year, I have a full parts and labour guarantee no exclusions until 2027, I do have to have it serviced every year though.
    that info is from my installer and Worcester themselves
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport