Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrbg07546
    • By mrbg07546 5th Feb 17, 8:20 PM
    • 197Posts
    • 12Thanks
    mrbg07546
    Port forwarding and NAT randomly stops working
    • 5th Feb 17, 8:20 PM
    Port forwarding and NAT randomly stops working 5th Feb 17 at 8:20 PM
    hi I have a wgr614 router which was connected to a to to link switch(unmanaged)

I change the to link switch to a netgear pro safe (managed but I haven't changed any settings)

I have a combination of NAT(ip camera) and port forwarded devices which always used to work when I had my to linknswitch connected to router.

Now every so often (with my new best gear managed switched) the port forwarding and NAT stops working(I've checked a open port website too) the only way to start it working again is to log into router settings and click renew).

Any ideas why this may be
Page 1
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 6th Feb 17, 7:34 PM
    • 6,014 Posts
    • 5,563 Thanks
    PROLIANT
    • 6th Feb 17, 7:34 PM
    • 6th Feb 17, 7:34 PM
    As it is a managed switch it will have an IP address, which should be static and not obtained through DHCP.
    Also, make sure that any VLAN'S on the switch are correctly tagged/configured for the subnet your equipment is on.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
    • Owene
    • By Owene 4th Dec 17, 7:05 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Owene
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:05 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 7:05 AM
    There are some troubleshoot to solve your port forwarding issue:

Login to your router via the default gateway address.
    Enter your router credentials into the login page. I.e(device, username, password)
    Next, locate the port forwarding settings. Typically this will be under Advanced and then Port Forwarding or Virtual Server.
    On the Port Forwarding page enter in a name for your device like, “Camera”. Then enter the port you are forwarding in the port field. Select “TCP/UDP” or “Both” under Protocol if you are unsure which protocol you are using. Next, enter the internal IP address of the device you are port forwarding to and click “Apply” or “Save” to store the changes.
    Finally, check to see if the port is open by going to portchecktool. Enter the port number you have forwarded and click “Check Your Port”.
    You should now be able to connect to your device via a web browser. Simply enter your hostname followed by the port number into the address bar. For example hostname.ddns.net:8000

Hope this will help you. If still the problem remains, then consult with CCTV installation companies nearby you or contact technical support team.
    Last edited by Owene; 04-12-2017 at 7:07 AM.
    Wetter Solutions
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

616Posts Today

4,528Users online

Martin's Twitter