Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Runner118
    • By Runner118 2nd Feb 17, 3:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Runner118
    High view Parking Sutton-in-Ashfield
    • 2nd Feb 17, 3:19 PM
    High view Parking Sutton-in-Ashfield 2nd Feb 17 at 3:19 PM
    Just received a charge notice from highview parking for their client the broad centre Sutton in ashfield.
    Apparently they do not have evidence of sufficient parking payment on the 9/01.
    I actually recall the date in question and did pay the £1 Parking fee. BUT...The parking meter does not have a light on and I believe I keyed in the wrong registration number. I wasn't alone, another guy had the same problem. The keypad doesn't even glow up...
    Do I ignore the letter or do I respond...??

Any help would be wonderful.
Page 2
    • Runner118
    • By Runner118 8th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Runner118
    I haven't called and I have read the thread.
    But a "legal action pending" notice isn't a great thing to happen when presently going through plenty of personal family problems... just desperate for good solid advice at this stage.
    • Runner118
    • By Runner118 8th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Runner118
    Please understand that people are desperate when receiving a letter such as this. Especially when going though a rough personal time with family problems.
    I HAVE read the advice and I haven't called them.
    Just would like solid advice at this stage and not a push in the gutter.
    Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
    • Runner118
    • By Runner118 8th Mar 17, 7:50 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Runner118
    If you look at their online process. It requires you to tick a box stating you are the driver of the vehicle before you can go further via an online reply.
    That's why I sent the letter. I was never going to tick the box.
    Thanks for the advice..
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 48,068 Posts
    • 61,530 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Please understand that people are desperate when receiving a letter such as this. Especially when going though a rough personal time with family problems.
    Originally posted by Runner118
    We know, that's why we come here every day to assist people & calm them down, 'reinsert their backbone' and give constructive, informed advice from our experience. We are not telling you to do anything we would not do. No risks, no pushing you in the gutter. Highview are a joke.

If you look at their online process. It requires you to tick a box stating you are the driver of the vehicle before you can go further via an online reply.
    That's why I sent the letter. I was never going to tick the box.
    So you should have ticked the other one; I am sure people have mentioned this before and there was a second option. People choose that instead, something about the parking charge not being properly issued or the contravention didn't occur, some old drivel. Anything except saying who was driving, but NEVER posting a letter. PPCs ''lose'' letters, because they can...

I have reviewed a "legal action pending" notice from highview parking today.
    Fine, but that's just part of their usual daft threatogram letter chain and if you can't prove posting of your appeal letter (can you?) then you can't report them to the BPA for not supplying a POPLA code.

So, calm down, ignore these silly letters AND ignore debt collector letters as well, as per the advice already in the sticky thread for NEWBIES. Highview never try court and they issue shedloads of fake 'PCNs', none of which can hold a registered keeper liable:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Highview_Parking.html

See the court case figures? Count 'em!!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• cyclonebri1
    • By cyclonebri1 11th Mar 17, 3:10 PM
    • 12,506 Posts
    • 5,169 Thanks
    cyclonebri1
    You don't have to tick that box, their form simply encourages you to do that, so don't. I said this earlier.

Today i got a 3rd letter of impending doom from highviews muppets, dealt with under the file and forget whathaveyou.

Don't give into them unless you accept that you or the driver are actually to blame and agree to the "charge"
    Last edited by cyclonebri1; 15-03-2017 at 1:42 PM.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.

Always expect the unexpectedand then you won't be dissapointed
    • cyclonebri1
    • By cyclonebri1 20th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 12,506 Posts
    • 5,169 Thanks
    cyclonebri1
    Or you could just leave and not post the end result which does !!!!!! all to help others and those that tried to help you.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.

Always expect the unexpectedand then you won't be dissapointed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,219Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin