Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• mr_accountant
    mr_accountant Posts: 798
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2017 at 5:05PM
    Impossible to get through on the phone first time had to wait 75 minutes then was cut off, next day finally answered after 75 minutes, still watiting for call back to resolve issue, they never answer emails even ones to complaints. They virtually never call back either. The time waiting on the phone used to be around 45 minutes but the last couple of weeks is become around 80 minutes which is appalling. Absolute horrid horrid company.

Re. bills when they finally send one after 4 months and lots of complaining and wasting time on the phone, they put the wrong figures on the bill despite me sending monthly readings (after waiting an hour on the phone of course) because their online website doesnt accept the gas reading. As of today still does not work.

Website is terrible.

Only thing they have done correctly is take the monthly direct debit, even that somehow they managed to set the wrong sort code at the start, luckily I sorted it before they took the first payment otherwise I would have been in arrears due to their error.

I'm amazed Ofgem have actually giving them a licence and I would not recommend them to anyone at all no matter how cheap as they take 60 plus minutes to answer the phone and cannot resolve any issues when one can speak to them.

PS. look at all the one star ratings on trustpilot, all say the same thing, virtually impossible to speak with them and regarding the high ratings, Toto ask the customer to submit a review before they've started the contract or within the first couple of days which will we all know we can never gauge how a company performs in that short period of time
  • PaulJM
    PaulJM Posts: 546
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've contacted MSE and asked them to reflect this feedback on their search, there's a lot of people about to be in a very bad place with this lot, and all because their club is flagging it up as so cheap.

I didn't go with them because it's so hard to get through, but I very nearly did.

I can only imagine those MSE club search results are making the problem a million times better.
  • PaulJM wrote: »
    I've contacted MSE and asked them to reflect this feedback on their search, there's a lot of people about to be in a very bad place with this lot, and all because their club is flagging it up as so cheap.

I didn't go with them because it's so hard to get through, but I very nearly did.

I can only imagine those MSE club search results are making the problem a million times better.

Totally agree, is there anyone we can complain to? eg Ofgem, I presume they are nor even aware that Toto are taking 80 minutes to answer the phone, maybe even ofgem would do something about that.
  • PaulJM
    PaulJM Posts: 546
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Totally agree, is there anyone we can complain to? eg Ofgem, I presume they are nor even aware that Toto are taking 80 minutes to answer the phone, maybe even ofgem would do something about that.

Well they're probably not doing anything legally wrong, so maybe Ofgem couldn't be involved.

I'm disappointed MSE haven't yet responded, I know they're only reflecting the facts, but in this case it could turn into a really bad situation.

Obviously you can leave reviews at Trust pilot.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Impossible to get through on the phone first time had to wait 75 minutes then was cut off, next day finally answered after 75 minutes, still watiting for call back to resolve issue, they never answer emails even ones to complaints. They virtually never call back either. The time waiting on the phone used to be around 45 minutes but the last couple of weeks is become around 80 minutes which is appalling. ...

Last month you said the average waiting time on the phone was 35-45mins.
    My experience of Toto energy

Signed up for switch on 12/5/17

Rang up a couple of days before to check all OK for the switch, and found they had the wrong bank sort code ( I checked all details before submitting form)

Still no bills, almost 4 months later, despite sending monthly meter readings

Average time before phone answered: 30-45 mins

Tried email, second one to [EMAIL="complaints@totoenergy.com"]complaints@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL], still waiting for a reply on either

Website designed by a 5-year old, maybe that’s being unkind to a 5 year old!

Online meter readings don’t work

Still not received cashback because Toto energy have not confirmed switch is complete to CEC

Not recommended, no correct systems in place and very understaffed

Having said that, I'm not sure I would have hung on that long just "to check all OK"

How many times are you calling them?
    And why???
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Been with them since march.
    Yup they take an age to reply to emails and calls, but, like most things, you get what you pay for.

I'd rather have rubbish support I never need to use, than great support that's costing me a fortune... ;)

But that's just me.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • mr_accountant
    mr_accountant Posts: 798
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2017 at 6:04PM
    footyguy wrote: »
    Last month you said the average waiting time on the phone was 35-45mins.

Having said that, I'm not sure I would have hung on that long just "to check all OK"

How many times are you calling them?
    And why???

Actally take the time to read my post above correctly I clearly say it used to be 45 minutes, now it's taking over an hour, try for yourself see if you can speak to them quicker.

Why am I calling because their stupid website does not work correctly therefore does not accept the metre readings therefore I have to ring them up to give them my metre readings, plus I'm still waiting some cash back which is I've not received due to them messing up. They are unable to resolve problems therefore I need to call not because I want to

HAPPY NOW?
  • kevbev321
    kevbev321 Posts: 175
    Uniform Washer I've been Money Tipped! Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I switched back in September, and have also had a lot of problems getting in contact with them. When I finally got through to arrange my smart meter installation, they told me they do not have anyone in my area (Buckinghamshire) to do this and they are training more engineers! I'm still receiving bills from my old supplier too, not sure how this is going to end up. Thanks a million MSE.
    :j Comping on & off since 31/08/12 :beer:
    I comp for fun... and to kill the boredom!
  • To further compound my problem the energy provider I switched from now tell me that TOTO ENERGY will not confirm with them an opening meter read so they cannot issue me with a final bill. As my account with my previous supplier is in substantial credit they will not release this credit back to my bank account until the final read is agreed with TOTO ENERGY.
    I have used MSE energy club several times and have always found you excellent but as the saying goes “you’re only as good as your last game” and I’m afraid with including TOTO ENERGY YOU HAVE PLAYED A STINKER !!!
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    kevbev321 wrote: »
    MSE Cheaper energy club website is wrong - I have just switched to them, the website is showing their smart meter tarrif as fixed for 12 months at the top, but then variable in the text below. I didn't spot this so now have all the hassle of cancelling and searching again. MSE please update your website!

Yes, I noticed that - but still went ahead as Toto say that they do let you leave without penalty if they announce a rate change.

Still, at least CEC have the rates right. Energy Saving Helpline add VAT twice to the standing charge daily rate :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure