Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback
    • 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback 1st Feb 17 at 12:03 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Toto Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-12-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Page 4
    • thozza
    • By thozza 5th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    thozza
    Sending a private message
    How do I send you a private message ? You have not provided me with any private email address or any private telephone number. I refuse to ring the TOTO normal number because one has to wait for ages and ages for anyone to answer it ................ and when I send an email to the hello@totoenergy.com email address ................... no-one answers my emails !! So, how do I communicate with you privately ??
    Originally posted by jammeister
    If you click on the other forum member's name, a drop down menu appears with Private Message as the second option.
    • mr_accountant
    • By mr_accountant 5th Dec 17, 8:39 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    mr_accountant
    How do I send you a private message ? You have not provided me with any private email address or any private telephone number. I refuse to ring the TOTO normal number because one has to wait for ages and ages for anyone to answer it ................ and when I send an email to the hello@totoenergy.com email address ................... no-one answers my emails !! So, how do I communicate with you privately ??

I think your message just goes to prove my point -- viz. TOTO Energy is the most inefficient and hopelessly managed energy company in the UK today.

I look forward to hearing from you ................... but I shall not be holding my breath.
    100% correct I used to be on hold for 90 minutes to speak to toto, they have no idea how to run a business, they only reply to trustpilot reviews and now recently this 'Jack' from toto on this forum.

They give each low star rating the same respones on trustpilot eg we are sorry we will help you, yet not one mention on the call waiting times which are totally unacceptable. As you know they don't reply to emails either, the hello one or the complaints one. I send to both and still no reply- that was 2 months ago so I won't hold my breath.

The gas metre online input does not work, you have to call but wait they don't answer the phone, I'll watch a game of football and by full time they may just answer.

One bill in 8 months, that's after leaving a bad trustpilot review and the bill they did send was wrong, despite me sending monthly readings.

I hopefully am moving on the 12th to bulb but no doubt toto will mess the final bill up on that, assuming they send me one.

Totally hapless company should never have been given a licence to trade, causing untold stress for so many, no doubt 'jack from toto' will reply tomorrow offering untold recompense for the problems (also known as edit and paste button)
    Last edited by mr_accountant; 05-12-2017 at 8:42 PM.
    • DubblyDubbly
    • By DubblyDubbly 5th Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DubblyDubbly
    Thieving g*ts
    Signed up late September for Discount Variable Saver and contract shows end date 20th Oct 2018 with price guaranteed til 20th Oct 2018. Today I get a gas increase from 2.48p to 3.5p... that's 41% in anyone's book . Get to Fu*k. I'm out.
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 6th Dec 17, 2:22 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Theta101
    Price increase of 32% after 2 months with Toto.
    Website looks like it's been created by a five year old.

I'll be switching to a competitor and saving over £300.
    • h1ubs
    • By h1ubs 6th Dec 17, 11:37 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    h1ubs
    If you click on the other forum member's name, a drop down menu appears with Private Message as the second option.
    Originally posted by thozza
    Appears not to be an option in Jack's case. Maybe he's shy.
  • Jack - TOTO energy

I think your message just goes to prove my point -- viz. TOTO Energy is the most inefficient and hopelessly managed energy company in the UK today.

I look forward to hearing from you ................... but I shall not be holding my breath.
    Hi Jammeister,

We've been trying to send you a private message on these forums but it appears that is unavailable currently. I've raised this with the MSE forum team for a fix but for the meantime, send an e-mail to customersupport@totoenergy.com and address it to me, i'll pluck it from there.

Sorry about that, thank you for your patience.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Appears not to be an option in Jack's case. Maybe he's shy.
    Originally posted by h1ubs
    Hi h1ubs,

I'm not shy I promise! Turns out it's an error with this account that doesn't allow me to send/receive PM's! I've raised this with the MSE forum team for a fix but for the meantime if you have any questions, pop an e-mail to customersupport@totoenergy.com and address it to Jack (me), and i'll grab it from there.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • h1ubs
    • By h1ubs 6th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    h1ubs
    Hi h1ubs,

I'm not shy I promise! Turns out it's an error with this account that doesn't allow me to send/receive PM's! I've raised this with the MSE forum team for a fix but for the meantime if you have any questions, pop an e-mail to customersupport@totoenergy.com and address it to Jack (me), and i'll grab it from there.
    Originally posted by Jack - TOTO energy
    That's good news Jack. Perhaps you can help us out ( as I'm still awaiting a reply to my email about the large price rises ).
    It would appear that a number of forumites signed up to the Variable Saver tariff over the year, with an understanding that the price quoted was guaranteed for 12 months. This was clearly stated in the Welcome letter pdf showing the tariff details which included the line 'Price Guaranteed until xxxx (12 months hence). The letter also included the line ' This pack contains details of your chosen TOTO tariff and is loaded with contractual info ..'
    My understanding of 'Price Guaranteed until XX' to mean a promise or assurance that the price quoted will not change for the given period. What does "Price Guarantee' mean to TOTO please ?
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    100% correct I used to be on hold for 90 minutes to speak to toto, they have no idea how to run a business, they only reply to trustpilot reviews and now recently this 'Jack' from toto on this forum.

They give each low star rating the same respones on trustpilot eg we are sorry we will help you, yet not one mention on the call waiting times which are totally unacceptable. As you know they don't reply to emails either, the hello one or the complaints one. I send to both and still no reply- that was 2 months ago so I won't hold my breath.

The gas metre online input does not work, you have to call but wait they don't answer the phone, I'll watch a game of football and by full time they may just answer.

One bill in 8 months, that's after leaving a bad trustpilot review and the bill they did send was wrong, despite me sending monthly readings.

I hopefully am moving on the 12th to bulb but no doubt toto will mess the final bill up on that, assuming they send me one.

Totally hapless company should never have been given a licence to trade, causing untold stress for so many, no doubt 'jack from toto' will reply tomorrow offering untold recompense for the problems (also known as edit and paste button)
    Originally posted by mr_accountant
    I can only apologise on behalf of TOTO that you have received such a lack of communication from us when trying to resolve your billing issues.

We do mention that the call queues are unacceptable in our responses, but we can only apologise for them and explain that we are trying our hardest to improve these wait times.

Please send an e-mail to customersupport@totoenergy.com regarding your bill queries and address it to me, i'll pluck it from there immediately.

We take our feedback very seriously and try to maintain the best possible level of customer service, but we understand that with such a big influx in customers this can become harder to maintain if issues and changes arise.

Thank you very much for your patience and I hope to get this resolved ASAP!
    Verified Company
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    That's good news Jack. Perhaps you can help us out ( as I'm still awaiting a reply to my email about the large price rises ).
    It would appear that a number of forumites signed up to the Variable Saver tariff over the year, with an understanding that the price quoted was guaranteed for 12 months. This was clearly stated in the Welcome letter pdf showing the tariff details which included the line 'Price Guaranteed until xxxx (12 months hence). The letter also included the line ' This pack contains details of your chosen TOTO tariff and is loaded with contractual info ..'
    My understanding of 'Price Guaranteed until XX' to mean a promise or assurance that the price quoted will not change for the given period. What does "Price Guarantee' mean to TOTO please ?
    Originally posted by h1ubs
    Which inbox did you send this e-mail to? I can grab it from there personally and respond to you consistently over e-mail. All i'd need to find it is the date you sent it and your email address, or you could forward it to the customersupport inbox and i'll pluck it from there straight away, your choice!
    Verified Company
    • h1ubs
    • By h1ubs 6th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    h1ubs
    Which inbox did you send this e-mail to? I can grab it from there personally and respond to you consistently over e-mail. All i'd need to find it is the date you sent it and your email address, or you could forward it to the customersupport inbox and i'll pluck it from there straight away, your choice!
    Forwarded as requested to customer support.
    • angelking
    • By angelking 7th Dec 17, 11:49 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    angelking
    Need to avoid this company.
    Joined TOTO in October 2017 and not even 6 months has passed and huge increase in energy price.

The price on Martin Lewis - Energy Club website was guaranteed for 12 months but doesn't look like it.

Phone call and wait time are absolutely horrendous.
    • andy5241
    • By andy5241 8th Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    andy5241
    If I am on the 100% renewable variable tariff which I signed up to in October via energy switch thinking this was a done deal till October 18 can I switch now without penalty?
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 8th Dec 17, 1:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Theta101
    You're the same as me.
    Yes you can switch without a penalty.

I'm switching to SSE and saving about £300/yr.
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 8th Dec 17, 4:33 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    jammeister
    TOTO - very poor communicator
    We're sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with TOTO.

We understand that we haven't provide you with the customer service you deserve and that is unacceptable. If you could provide me with details privately I will investigate your account personally and ensure communication is consistent!

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into account to continuously try to improve the level of customer service we provide.

PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH MY DETAILS PRIVATELY !!

PLESE GIVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR A PHONE NUMBER ON WHICH I CAN CONTACT YOU

Thank you
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 8th Dec 17, 5:13 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Theta101
    Bye Toto
    Another energy supplier has been in touch with us because they’re switching your supplies over from us to them. It goes without saying - we’ll be sorry to lose you.

If you’re not 100% sure about changing supplier, here’s a quick reminder of why it’s good to be with TOTO:

If you’ve not already got a smart meter, we’ll install one soon
    Top up anywhere, anytime with online top ups
    If you’ve got any debt, we’ll work out a payment plan
    We’re an independent supplier and offer a great customer service
    Is this switch news to you?
    Mistakes do happen, so if you’ve not signed up with a new energy supplier or you’ve decided to stay with us just hit ‘Reply’ and put ‘STAY’ in the subject line – it’s that simple.

Thanks again for being with TOTO.

Chris Allen
    Managing Director
    • andy5241
    • By andy5241 8th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    andy5241
    What about the + 25% rises is that another good reason to stay with Toto
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Hi Jammeister,

We've been trying to send you a private message on these forums but it appears that is unavailable currently. I've raised this with the MSE forum team for a fix but for the meantime, send an e-mail to customersupport@totoenergy.com and address it to me, i'll pluck it from there.

Sorry about that, thank you for your patience.
    PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH MY DETAILS PRIVATELY !!

PLESE GIVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR A PHONE NUMBER ON WHICH I CAN CONTACT YOU

Thank you
    Hi Jammeister, above is the reply I sent requesting for you to contact us at customersupport@totoenergy.com.

Address the e-mail to me and i'll pluck it from there ASAP.
    Verified Company
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 11th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    polymaff
    < snipped >
    Got the:

"The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices. TOTO Energy are now increasing our prices in line with the agreed price cap. You matter to us - we don't take changing your prices lightly."

email from Toto this morning, Jack.

What the relevance of any of this babble is to a 30% price hike, you might care to explain.

Whatever, its goodbye and good riddance to Covent/Toto Energy
    Last edited by polymaff; 11-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    • raaaaa
    • By raaaaa 11th Dec 17, 12:03 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    raaaaa
    Got the:

"The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices. TOTO Energy are now increasing our prices in line with the agreed price cap. You matter to us - we don't take changing your prices lightly."

email from Toto this morning, Jack.

What the relevance of any of this babble is to a 30% price hike, you might care to explain.

Whatever, its goodbye and good riddance to Covent/Toto Energy
    Originally posted by polymaff
    I'm with Polymaff & had the same ridiculous e-mail from Toto about an increase of £400 per year to my bill. I'm therefore also switching asap to more decent supplier.
    Last edited by raaaaa; 11-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

1,465Users online

Martin's Twitter