Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback
    • 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback 1st Feb 17 at 12:03 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Toto Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Today at 12:22 PM.
Page 3
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 14th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    polymaff
    MSE Cheaper energy club website is wrong - I have just switched to them, the website is showing their smart meter tarrif as fixed for 12 months at the top, but then variable in the text below. I didn't spot this so now have all the hassle of cancelling and searching again. MSE please update your website!
    Originally posted by kevbev321
    Yes, I noticed that - but still went ahead as Toto say that they do let you leave without penalty if they announce a rate change.

Still, at least CEC have the rates right. Energy Saving Helpline add VAT twice to the standing charge daily rate
    • JulieDurrell
    • By JulieDurrell 23rd Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    JulieDurrell
    Terrible!
    Was happy at first -seemed very friendly and efficient. But then the day to switch passed and nothing. I rang them and was told my switch had been cancelled. Said that a whole batch had been cancelled. Then a manager said that me and another customer had been accidentally cancelled and blamed human error. He said I would have to wait another 21 days to switch and when I complained said I would be compensated for the higher charge British Gas would now put me on in the meantime. I asked him to put this in writing. No emails or confirmation of switch were received two days later. I rang to cancel and complain. The guy I spoke to cancelled my switch but refused to look into what had happened, other than saying sometimes thereís a backlog with emails. I asked him to look into it. So he put me on hold for 5 minutes then when he came back just said thatís your switch cancelled. I said look Iím going to give Toto a bad review and Iím giving you the opportunity to defend the company and ultimately your job. I can see MSE are warning people about this company now so if I worked there Iíd want to do my best to make sure the company keeps going. He just said nothing!!!!!! I was calm/not ranting but he just completely ignored me!!! 😂 Such a shame - back to one of the big six again now ☹️.
    • Marigold's Daughter
    • By Marigold's Daughter 28th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marigold's Daughter
    Oh dear! - Your other posts mirror my own frustrating experiences with this dreadful company: electricity switched but not gas; direct debit details recorded incorrectly; impossible to contact the company by phone and emails ignored; several months down the line and no sign of a bill, etc.,etc. Thankfully my prevous supplier (OVO) went beyond the call of duty to sort out the gas switch and they used my smart meter readings in order to issue me with a refund because they've still not had the necessary information from Toto and can't, therefore, issue a final bill. Until this is sorted I won't, presumably, see the £35 cashback that was offered at the time that I applied to Toto - I'm not sure that I'll ever see it. Can't wait to leave them when my 12 months is up! I'll be straight back to OVO.
    Last edited by Marigold's Daughter; 29-11-2017 at 8:39 AM. Reason: Error - that should read £30 cashback, not £35 - still not had it though!
    • SheilaTheKat
    • By SheilaTheKat 6th Nov 17, 8:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SheilaTheKat
    Bad Customer Service
    I joined TOTO Energy just over a month ago and right from the beginning nothing went right. I used Money Saving Expert`s Energy Club to switch from my old provider. When I rang TOTO for the first time to check on the progress of the switch the man in customer service asked to confirm my details which I did and we agreed that I needed a smart meter for the tariff I wanted. I was in work at the time and arranged to ring back later to arrange an appointment for this. When I did I spoke to a lady and we discovered that the first guy I spoke to had taken all my details down wrong .. my name my phone number there were several errors. we corrected them and I arranged an appointment to have a smart meter fitted.

When the day came I had ran out of gas and electricity the night before and had tried to charge both with my TOTO top up cards the previous evening in several outlets without success. I wasn`t overly concerned about it because I expected my smart meter to be fitted that day but then the engineer cancelled. All day I tried to get through to TOTO waiting up to an hour on hold then being cut off without anyone calling me back. It was a nightmare thinking that I had no electricity or gas at that time, not even a way to charge my phone. When I finally did get through to someone I was told my top up cards were faulty and that I would be send some new ones and that the earliest opportunity to have another smart meter appointment would be in 3 months time. I was annoyed that would mean paying extra for another 3 months on a more expensive tariff just because the engineer canceled today, which had already cost me in lost working hours...

After a lot of pleading and explaining that I was without gas and electricity, the girl on the phone told me to ring a different extension ( which was another hour on hold) to try and get an emergency engineer out that night, to put emergency credit on my meter bear in mind it was coming up to 5pm and I was starting to panic. When I finally did get through on the extension I was given I spoke to a man who was friendly and helpful and told me he`ll send an engineer out within 3 hours to fit me a smart meter as an emergency tonight. That was a huge relief but in complete contradiction to what his colleague had told me would happen earlier.

The engineer came out and fitted the smart meter in the end, but he also told me that I still needed the top up cards and that the TOTO cards I was originally sent only work on the new meter not my old one which I was told they would. Not faulty after all then.

I had hoped that this was the end of my ordeal, however apparently I was never transferred to my new tariff so I was still on prepaid cards instead of the cheap tariff I originally signed up for with the Energy club. I spoke to someone in the live chat about this who said she had no record of a cheaper tariff for me and couldn`t put me on the tariff I requested. She also said she`d set up a direct debit for my prepaid cards until I speak to someone in the call centre about this, but she never did and to be honest some of her responses in the live chat were quite rude especially when they were written in capital letters.

So I rang customer service again and after a long wait I finally got through to someone who checked on her system and found no record of my application from the Energy club and the cheap tariff I requested. She tried to get me on a more expensive tariff but I insisted to be put on the tariff I initially signed up for. She said she could not authorise that and had to get a manager to ring me back. In the end it got all okayed, but there was really no need for the stress and worry I had to endure to get to this point.
    • PaulJM
    • By PaulJM 14th Nov 17, 7:32 AM
    • 510 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    PaulJM
    What's really sad about this, and shows the consequences of these little companies setting up and not being able cope, is that people are being left without gas and electricity now.
    I keep getting alerts from google, and it's from the reviews on Google for Toto.. A woman has posted on there, obviously thinking she's able to communicate with Toto, saying that she has no gas and electricity and is unable to get through to them, she says she has kids, and it was bloody cold last night.

Maybe it's her fault, but if that's true, she must be very desperate.. Personally I think we're creating a lot of potential issues here with these new companies doing it on the cheap.
    • Nick.F
    • By Nick.F 14th Nov 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nick.F
    I tried to switch to Toto, but I was told that they could not supply me with energy because my smart meter was installed by British Gas. British Gas told me that Toto was talking nonsense; Toto insisted that they could not supply me, so I went elsewhere for my energy although it was approx £100 per annum more expensive.
    • x194
    • By x194 17th Nov 17, 11:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    x194
    Awful start
    Tread with care...

Initial problems:
    They got my email address wrong
    They registered a random house address to my account

Ongoing:
    No smart meters available in my area. They advised I try again in "a few months"!!!
    Online account features NO payment history
    • Maudysetter
    • By Maudysetter 20th Nov 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maudysetter
    Toto energy
    I changed to TOTO Energy in September and everything went like clockwork. I receive a text each month advising me of my payment just before it is due to go out. However, the latest taxt informs me that the price has doubled. I only use electricity as we live in the countryside and my other fuel is domestic heating oil. I have been shocked to say the least as they are no longer cheaper then I was paying previously.
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 20th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    polymaff
    Take care about that web address, you might get confused

http://www.toto.com/en/wtjapan/

or, maybe, not
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Introducing TOTO!
    Hello,

We at TOTO work hard to provide the best possible experience for all our customers. We're a fast growing company that prides itself on providing industry leading customer service and experience.

To keep on improving, we need the help of all our customers. We understand we donít always get it right but are committed to continuously improve the level of service we provide.

We're currently fitting 10% of all the Smart Meters in the UK. Our ambition is to provide smart energy at smart prices through a simple switching experience. We're working hard to change and improve the way we look after our customers which we can only do with your help and feedback.

Our online Help & Support has the answers to a lot of questions you may have. Contact us via Livechat, Webform, Facebook, e-mail us at Customersupport@totoenergy.com or call us on 03332107070.

Should you want to make a complaint, e-mail us at Complaints@totoenergy.com, weíre always happy to help.

Thanks,

Jack Ė TOTO Customer Care Team
    Last edited by Jack - TOTO energy; 23-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Marigold's Daughter
    • By Marigold's Daughter 29th Nov 17, 8:27 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marigold's Daughter
    Dreadful company to deal with. The switch did not go smoothly as they moved my electricity account on 12 June 2017 but not my gas one until I chased them up. They did nothing to help, told me to contact my previous supplier and eventually the switch was made on 7 July 2017 but my previous supplier has still not received the necessary data files from Toto to enable them to close my account so I am now registered with 2 gas suppliers! Impossible to contact them as they don't answer emails and they don't ring back as promised. It's now 29 Nov 2017 and I've still not had a bill from them, despite my requests for one. Their website is very basic and gives almost no useful information. This has been incredibly stressful and I really wish I'd not bothered to make the change. Will leave as soon as I can.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Dreadful company to deal with. The switch did not go smoothly as they moved my electricity account on 12 June 2017 but not my gas one until I chased them up. They did nothing to help, told me to contact my previous supplier and eventually the switch was made on 7 July 2017 but my previous supplier has still not received the necessary data files from Toto to enable them to close my account so I am now registered with 2 gas suppliers! Impossible to contact them as they don't answer emails and they don't ring back as promised. It's now 29 Nov 2017 and I've still not had a bill from them, despite my requests for one. Their website is very basic and gives almost no useful information. This has been incredibly stressful and I really wish I'd not bothered to make the change. Will leave as soon as I can.
    Originally posted by Marigold's Daughter
    Hello!

We're sorry that you haven't received your bill yet, i've sent you a private message to request some details so this request can be escalated.

EDIT: I've tried to privately message you but it won't allow me to! If you could e-mail these details to Customersupport@totoenergy.com i'll pluck them from there!

As soon as I grab those details i'll investigate why this hasn't been processed yet and contact you with a resolution ASAP!

Many Thanks,

Jack @ TOTO.
    Last edited by Jack - TOTO energy; 29-11-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • BullardP
    • By BullardP 29th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BullardP
    This switch has been a disaster. I've been an energy club member for some years and have switched four or five times, and things have until now always gone smoothly. TOTO are however a company very obviously out of their depth. Six weeks later the change over is still not complete, meter readings can't be submitted online and they're unreachable by other means. This is due to a technical glitch that they acknowledge exists but can't fix. They admit to being at least three weeks behind on emails and as I write this, my phone indicates I've been on hold with Toto for 1 hour and 43 minutes. Yes you read that right. As soon as the switch is complete I'm changing supplier again immediately. This is a useless and hopeless company with absolutely no interest in serving its customers.
    • BullardP
    • By BullardP 29th Nov 17, 1:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BullardP
    Utterly useless company avoid at all or any cost.
    The only form of communication you will see from Toto will be on Trust Pilot or forums such as this. People who have no actual knowledge of what's going on or how the company works will try and defend their awful treatment of costumers. Either that or they are deceitful cheats themselves with zero conscience and are happy to make false promises to try and deflect people's attention from this clearly failing company. Avoid, avoid, avoid. I wish I had and I will be leaving them ASAP.
    • schwarz
    • By schwarz 29th Nov 17, 2:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    schwarz
    Shambles
    I tried to switch to Toto through the energy club, they took my bank details over the phone and I heard nothing from them for almost 2 weeks. I tried the online chat help, but got cut off, I tried phoning, also cut off, emailing and no response. I was also unable to setup an account on their website to resolve myself as they hadn't posted any letter or confirmation for me to get a reference/customer number. On my 3rd try on the phone I got a call back and I asked to cancel the switch, and got an abrupt 'that's fine' (it sounded very busy). After this I switched to someone else.

I got a text message a couple of weeks later saying they were coming to install my smart meter, so I called up again, and someone called me back after 40 minutes or so and they said they had no record of me whatsoever. I felt very uncomfortable with these people having my financial information, and it's put me off trying out the smaller untested firms! I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but Toto are not it. Switched to another firm now, and no problems whatsoever.
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 29th Nov 17, 3:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    jammeister
    Utterly useless / beyond incompetent
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
    • Cornish Dave
    • By Cornish Dave 4th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Cornish Dave
    Under no circumstances would I recommend that anybody should switch to Toto!

My transfer from Sainsbury's Energy went very smoothly I have to admit in June of this year. However since that time I have been asked for a meter reading once and I have no idea if I am on schedule with payments or paying too little as they do not bother to send statements to their customers. When I tried to enter my meter reading online the system would not accept my gas reading and I had to phone it in. Not a pleasant experience having to wait 20 minutes in a queue and the girl that answered was completely disinterested although she did take my computer readings.

Today I receive a notification of a 30% increase even though when I transferred they confirmed I was on a fixed contract! How exactly doies a fixed contract attract a massive increase. My account is called Discount Variable Saver but they told me the only variable part applies if my energy usage estimates were too low, other than this it was fixed. I ring to query this and after 30 minutes in a queue I give up and ask them to call me back. One hour later they did, this suggests their call queue was one and a half hours long! The guy had no idea why I was told my tariff was increasing but he said senior management was discussing this! He had no idea if I was to expect an increase or not, felt sorry for him but do they tell their staff anything.

Do not under any circumstances transfer to this company jammeister's comments are correct. Mind you who would transfer to them now their charges make British Gas look very reasonable! Even though I am on a fixed contract they say I can move without penalty, I think this is what I shall be doing, if I hear nothing further in the next few days!
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
    Originally posted by jammeister
    We're sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with TOTO.

We understand that we haven't provide you with the customer service you deserve and that is unacceptable. If you could provide me with details privately I will investigate your account personally and ensure communication is consistent!

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into account to continuously try to improve the level of customer service we provide.
    Verified Company
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    I tried to switch to Toto through the energy club, they took my bank details over the phone and I heard nothing from them for almost 2 weeks. I tried the online chat help, but got cut off, I tried phoning, also cut off, emailing and no response. I was also unable to setup an account on their website to resolve myself as they hadn't posted any letter or confirmation for me to get a reference/customer number. On my 3rd try on the phone I got a call back and I asked to cancel the switch, and got an abrupt 'that's fine' (it sounded very busy). After this I switched to someone else.

I got a text message a couple of weeks later saying they were coming to install my smart meter, so I called up again, and someone called me back after 40 minutes or so and they said they had no record of me whatsoever. I felt very uncomfortable with these people having my financial information, and it's put me off trying out the smaller untested firms! I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but Toto are not it. Switched to another firm now, and no problems whatsoever.
    Originally posted by schwarz
    We're very sorry that you've experienced a lack of communication with us so far, not a great first impression!

If you can provide me with some additional information privately, i'll look into your original sign-up and find some answers for you!

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused but we'll try to resolve this ASAP!
    Verified Company
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 5th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    jammeister
    Private Message
    How do I send you a private message ? You have not provided me with any private email address or any private telephone number. I refuse to ring the TOTO normal number because one has to wait for ages and ages for anyone to answer it ................ and when I send an email to the hello@totoenergy.com email address ................... no-one answers my emails !! So, how do I communicate with you privately ??

I think your message just goes to prove my point -- viz. TOTO Energy is the most inefficient and hopelessly managed energy company in the UK today.

I look forward to hearing from you ................... but I shall not be holding my breath.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter