Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stephen williamson
    • By stephen williamson 31st Jan 17, 5:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stephen williamson
    thomson flight delay
    • 31st Jan 17, 5:57 PM
    thomson flight delay 31st Jan 17 at 5:57 PM
    I was delayed on a Thomson flight from Iceland on the 2nd January for 6 hours. I made a claim using the compensation tool on this website. they have replied that they will not compensate me or my family as the delay was due to a flight manager becoming ill on the incoming flight and this is classed as exceptional circumstances. So they do not need to offer compensation.. Any advice would be appreciated
Page 1
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 31st Jan 17, 6:18 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    • 31st Jan 17, 6:18 PM
    • 31st Jan 17, 6:18 PM
    Not exceptional circs. Read Vauban's guide, issue NBA and either diy or nwnf. Please put further posts on the Thomson's thread.
    • The_Racer
    • By The_Racer 1st Feb 17, 7:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    The_Racer
    • 1st Feb 17, 7:38 PM
    • 1st Feb 17, 7:38 PM
    This is absolute rubbish, Thomsons are just trying to fob you off. In a way they have made it easy for you as already given you a defence that won't stand up in court.

Download Vaubans guide and follow it word for word, start with a NBA - Notice Before Action. Vaubans guide gives you an example template to use. Send it to Thomson Airways Limited, Customer Legal Services, Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 9TN.

Its unlikely they will pay out and force you down the county court proceedings which will be against "Thomson Airways Limited", you can do it online for a single claim or will have to be paper copy if multiple claims.

It does take time, patience and bit of effort but worth it !
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 1st Feb 17, 8:08 PM
    • 10,594 Posts
    • 6,932 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 1st Feb 17, 8:08 PM
    • 1st Feb 17, 8:08 PM
    This is the Thomson thread for any further questions
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384699
    • Fififlower14
    • By Fififlower14 10th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fififlower14
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    I was on same flight, to Manchester??
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    I went through Resolve and then CEDR.
    I have been awarded €1600, as there were 4 of us. However, I am still awaiting payment!!
    I have contacted Thomson and they will chase their legal team...
    The flight was delayed as they had to fly a member of staff into Iceland to take the place of the sick member of the flight crew.
    This IS within their control as they should have staff on standby. A school doesn't shut because a teacher is sick!!

You need patience but hopefully you should get what is owed to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,701Posts Today

8,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin