Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sarahviera
    • By Sarahviera 31st Jan 17, 12:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sarahviera
    Ukpc parking fines 2017
    • 31st Jan 17, 12:44 AM
    Ukpc parking fines 2017 31st Jan 17 at 12:44 AM
    Hi wondered if anyone can help me with some advice,

I've received 2 parking charge notices from ukpc followed up with letters including pictures of my car parked out of a bay at my sister's block of flats as the only other option is to use a disabled bay which I don't feel I should have to use and take away from some one who actually needs it. I've had a yellow pcn from them before with no follow up and now I'm worried as I've received 2 letters of separate incidents with £100 fine each. Should I pay or should Ignore and risk a debt collector?

Any help would be appreciated, I've have tried to research this but most results seem to be from over a year ago and I think the laws have changed in 2016. I've researched the company and checked with bpa and they are on there list of companies, but also aware they were banned in October till December 2016 for falsifying ticket evidence.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st Jan 17, 1:09 AM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:09 AM
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:09 AM
    actually , the laws changed in 2012 due to POFA2012 for england and wales, plus the NEWBIES sticky thread covers all of this so you appear to have missed reading those sticky threads too (impossible to miss yet it happens daily)

the BEAVIS case was in November 2015 so that may have an impact on it as well

there are hundreds of UKPC cases in the last 12 months , so very recent and all worth reading , just to check the advice given

the BLUE TEXT template is used at the initial appeal stage , which they will reject , then its on to popla (if you are in england or wales) , which is also explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread as well

they have 6 YEARS to follow up these invoices , in court , which they sometimes do, so it does not just STOP at debt collector letters , it could end up with an LBC and/or an MCOL from Northampton. So how you can say "they went away - or no follow up" is beyond me unless they were before 2011 ?

if you have received postal notices, then they were not banned from the DVLA database at the time of your "incidents"

whoever told you these are "fines" is a fool , they are not "fines" , they are speculative invoices (dressed up to look "official") from a private company with no authority except recourse to the same courts that you and I can use (the small claims court)

you are correct in not using a disabled bay , plus that would also attract a PCN and is harder to fight against in court if you are not registered disabled ( ie:- if you dont qualify under the EA2010 law )

so plenty of info you can read , plenty of research to do , especially on residential private parking

best check the flat lease and see what it says about visitor parking (if anything

same with the signs too , check what they say about visitor parking as well
    Last edited by Redx; 31-01-2017 at 1:11 AM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Pyro908
    • By Pyro908 31st Jan 17, 1:16 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Pyro908
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:16 AM
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:16 AM
    Subbed to your thread as am currently dealing with a similar incident with UKPC. Albeit further along the process than you.

I don't have enough posts to post links but the thread is currently on the front page.

First of all, edit your thread and remove all mentions of 'I' or 'me'. Refer to yourself in the third person or as 'the keeper' because UKPC and other parking companies do look at this forum.

Next read through the Newbie sticky. There's loads of good information on there.

How far through the process are you? Did you appeal and if so what did you say? Remember to speak about yourself in the third person on here.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st Jan 17, 1:19 AM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:19 AM
    • 31st Jan 17, 1:19 AM
    here is Pyro908`s thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5594090
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 31st Jan 17, 8:44 AM
    • 7,001 Posts
    • 6,067 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 31st Jan 17, 8:44 AM
    • 31st Jan 17, 8:44 AM
    What does your sister's lease/AST say about parking, especially visitore parking, exact words please?

UKPC parking signs in residential properties are often forbidding in nature and, unless you are a permit holder, are often insufficient to form a contract. Please post a picture of the signs and T&C.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • akihabara
    • By akihabara 12th Sep 17, 2:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    akihabara
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:29 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:29 AM
    Hi guys,

I got a ticket early days in August, and few days ago, i received a letter with my car's picture and a parking charge notice for £100. Where i parked there where no signs of ukpc, but they had signs in almost every other parking bay. They could not possibly have any pictures with my car and their sign near it. What do you suggest me to do? So far i did nothing but ignoring.

I got another ticket by asda car park for exceeding the 3hour allowance by almost half an hour. What about this???

First 2 tickets in my driving life. After almost 2 decades of driving, i got 2 tickets one after the other

Thanks in advance
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 14,502 Posts
    • 22,794 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    Why are you resurrecting an old random thread?

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which tells you how to deal with both tickets. If you need further advice after thoroughly reading the sticky (please don't come back saying it's too complicated for you!) please start a new thread - a separate one for each ticket. Combining both in one thread will create confusion.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,871Posts Today

8,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin