Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carl1231
    • By Carl1231 28th Jan 17, 12:01 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Carl1231
    Elite Management (midlands) LTD - 19 min over stay
    • 28th Jan 17, 12:01 PM
    Elite Management (midlands) LTD - 19 min over stay 28th Jan 17 at 12:01 PM
    Hi, I've read the neewbie sticky thread but can't seem to find any relevant advice.

My parents were shopping and over stayed their parking ticket by 19mins. They received a window ticket (Dec 10th 2016) and ignored it foolishly. Today they recieved a NTK letter dated Jan 25th 2017, requesting payment of the now £100 (risen from the £60 if paid within 14 days) or requesting driver details etc.

Is there anything they can do now or has the appeal limit passed? Do this company bother with court action? Any advice will be great. As I say I read the newbie thread but couldn't make sense of anything to link to this.

Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • Carl1231
    • By Carl1231 7th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Carl1231
    Threatening email from zzps (ignored) today but still no POPLA code or even a reply from Elite Management.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Mar 17, 6:14 AM
    • 12,198 Posts
    • 18,620 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Threatening email from zzps (ignored) today but still no POPLA code or even a reply from Elite Management.
    Originally posted by Carl1231
    Have you complained to the BPA yet?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • villab0y
    • By villab0y 13th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    For some reason I couldn't log in and no email I tried was registered but discovered this old username I've used before. Weird.

Anyway, have complained to BPA and heard nothing. Had nothing from the parking company either so am now wondering what to do next? Have ignored the ZZPS correspondence.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 45,155 Posts
    • 57,827 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Emails to the BPA normally get a reply within days; send it again.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• villab0y
    • By villab0y 13th Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    We did it through the contact form on their website. Is there a more efficient way? An email address?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 17, 6:04 PM
    • 12,198 Posts
    • 18,620 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    We did it through the contact form on their website. Is there a more efficient way? An email address?
    Originally posted by villab0y
    aos@britishparking.co.uk
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • villab0y
    • By villab0y 14th Mar 17, 2:57 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Awesome, will send one off to them. Thanks
    • villab0y
    • By villab0y 14th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Ok received this email from ZZPS...

Does this mean the ticket has been cancelled? Or just that ZZPS won't pursue any further..?

hxxps://ibb.co/hNqomF
    • villab0y
    • By villab0y 14th Mar 17, 6:27 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Also, logging into the appeal/payment site with the pcn and ref number brings up an 'account unavailable' page.
    • villab0y
    • By villab0y 14th Mar 17, 8:34 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Any ideas?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    • 45,155 Posts
    • 57,827 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That reads to me that the BPA did act on your contact where you complained, and so the PPC can cancelled it due to the time taken to respond. But email the BPA, obviously, and ask.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• villab0y
    • By villab0y 15th Mar 17, 2:34 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Ah ok yeah that would make sense I guess.

So the BPA can tell us it's been cancelled?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 45,155 Posts
    • 57,827 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Indeed they can and will, I hope.

• villab0y
    • By villab0y 20th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    villab0y
    Reply from the BPA -

The BPA is a membership association and does not issue parking charge notices.

I would therefore ask that you please contact the parking operator who has issued the charge to obtain the information that you have requested.

Yours sincerely,

Joanna Barnes
    Compliance Investigation Officer

So they don't wanna tell us it's cancelled. Think we'll just wait and see if Elite contact us again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    • 45,155 Posts
    • 57,827 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Dear Joanna,

I think you have misunderstood. Please don't skirt around the issue.

I posted a complaint to the BPA on xx/xx/xx and have received no reply, so I was hoping for the courtesy of an update.

yours sincerely,

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,947Posts Today

7,560Users online

Martin's Twitter