Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hayley0408
    • By hayley0408 27th Jan 17, 4:48 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 13Thanks
    hayley0408
    Gladstones, CCJ, old address HELP!
    • 27th Jan 17, 4:48 PM
    Gladstones, CCJ, old address HELP! 27th Jan 17 at 4:48 PM
    I'd really appreciate some advice/help on the above.
    I'm off to a Help to Buy advisory day tomorrow, so thought I would print off my credit report so I have it to hand for further advice. When checking my credit score (which I do every month!) I found out it had decreased from 5/5 to 1/5 in a month!! After some investigation I cold see no outstanding debts etc, but there was a sneaky CCJ from County Court Business Centre for £250. The registered address was one that I lived in 3 years ago. I moved from this address in August 2015, and then moved again in August 2016. I called the CCBC to inquire about what this CCJ was and they advised it was from Euro Parking Services for 14th September 2016, and the solicitor dealing with it is Gladstones. The judgement date was 3rd January 2017.

Now enter my confusion.
    Aside from the fact I cannot remember 14th September 2016, I also cannot remember a parking fine. This is something I would definitely remember, as I never get them! I know that if I had got one I would have paid it (stupidly I know) just to get rid of it.
    I am even more confused as I have never received any documentation regarding this fine. I have been registered on the electoral roll at all of my addresses and have altered my address details on my driving license for all 3 addresses, so am baffled as to why I have not been contacted.
    The gentleman at the CCBC advised that if I call Gladstones and offer to pay in full by 3rd Feb, my credit rating will return to normal and there would be no further impact.
    I am not that naive though. If i throw money at this situation I'm sure it will go away, but what about the fact that I've never seen a parking ticket, I've received no documentation around this case, and furthermore i can't actually say that this is a legitimate ticket!

Any advice would be really appreciated...heavily pregnant hormonal and panicking woman sitting right here!
    Last edited by hayley0408; 28-01-2017 at 8:15 AM.
Page 3
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 17, 11:35 PM
    • 51,867 Posts
    • 65,503 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have read comments on this forum and though maybe this might be the right thread to ask my query about the CCJ(county court judgement)...
    as my wife is looking to apply for loan near future and she has got a hearing in court next week, i understand if the CCJ comes against you and if you pay the amount with 30 days it won't affect the report, here i am a bit confused as if we pay within 30 days does the CCJ doesn't appear at all on the report or it will appear on the report and then we need to ask the court to remove it...( we are hoping to win the case but this is just in worst case scenario)
    Originally posted by Rock_007

It does not stay on her record, so it is restored to a clean credit record if she pays.

Why do you think she might lose? Start your own thread please, I am concerned to hear about what she has filed as her evidence/case law and exhibits, photos etc., the other week, with her Witness Statement (and what was in the original defence) and who the parking firm are, all details.

New thread please so we can add last-gasp advice. Even questioning the right of audience of the rep for the other side can stop them being able to present their case, you know, on the day.

These are the last minute sorts of angles she needs to know. I hope she defended it well, please start a thread asap.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rock_007
    • By Rock_007 13th Feb 17, 12:05 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Rock_007
    hi
    hi,

thanks for the reply.

My wife has created a new thread regarding her case and CCJ...
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72091641#post72091641

If anyone can give any advise that will be really appreciated.
    • zebrarose
    • By zebrarose 14th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    zebrarose
    I'd really appreciate some advice/help on the above.
    I'm off to a Help to Buy advisory day tomorrow, so thought I would print off my credit report so I have it to hand for further advice. When checking my credit score (which I do every month!) I found out it had decreased from 5/5 to 1/5 in a month!! After some investigation I cold see no outstanding debts etc, but there was a sneaky CCJ from County Court Business Centre for £250. The registered address was one that I lived in 3 years ago. I moved from this address in August 2015, and then moved again in August 2016. I called the CCBC to inquire about what this CCJ was and they advised it was from Euro Parking Services for 14th September 2016, and the solicitor dealing with it is Gladstones. The judgement date was 3rd January 2017.

Now enter my confusion.
    Aside from the fact I cannot remember 14th September 2016, I also cannot remember a parking fine. This is something I would definitely remember, as I never get them! I know that if I had got one I would have paid it (stupidly I know) just to get rid of it.
    I am even more confused as I have never received any documentation regarding this fine. I have been registered on the electoral roll at all of my addresses and have altered my address details on my driving license for all 3 addresses, so am baffled as to why I have not been contacted.
    The gentleman at the CCBC advised that if I call Gladstones and offer to pay in full by 3rd Feb, my credit rating will return to normal and there would be no further impact.
    I am not that naive though. If i throw money at this situation I'm sure it will go away, but what about the fact that I've never seen a parking ticket, I've received no documentation around this case, and furthermore i can't actually say that this is a legitimate ticket!

Any advice would be really appreciated...heavily pregnant hormonal and panicking woman sitting right here!
    Originally posted by hayley0408

What is the progress of the OP?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,771 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What is the progress of the OP?
    Originally posted by zebrarose
    Hasn't visited the forum for 6 weeks. Why not PM her?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hayley0408
    • By hayley0408 14th Jun 17, 5:00 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    hayley0408
    Sorry, just to update I applied to have the CCJ set aside and it has now been passed to the relevant court for a decision. I have been advised that there is no time frame on this unfortunately, so am still awaiting a decision.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,994Posts Today

7,243Users online

Martin's Twitter