Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 27th Jan 17, 1:45 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 4Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Another parking ticket
    • 27th Jan 17, 1:45 PM
    Another parking ticket 27th Jan 17 at 1:45 PM
    Hello again.

So it seems that my luck if out with this company.

I parked in the underground of the complex and i got a ticket. Attached it to the inside of the drivers window. I came back to the car to find a yellow parking charge.

I sent a letter back tot he company with a photocopy of my ticket.

They have just replied stating that because my ticket was not displayed in the windscreen they are refusing my claim because i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the parking rules.

I'd like to submit a picture of the letter but i cannot add a link, sorry.
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 34,548 Posts
    • 18,527 Thanks
    Quentin
    This is a county court claim

#2 in the newbies faq thread guides you through the process
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 8th Oct 17, 9:42 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    excuse me for being dumb but what does "hashtag 2" mean?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    Redx
    it means post number 2................................................. ..above here ^^^^^^

my post right now is post #23

your last post is post #22

#2 means post number #2 in the NEWBIES sticky thread

look to the top right of each post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^>>>>>>
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 9th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Ah ok, thanks for the help.

I've had a read through and have just registered to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk Where i can start an appeal, I'm going to need some time to chew through all this data as i didn't realise it was so complicated. Do i start an AOS now? and extend my 14 days to 28?

Also what do i do with this 4 page claim form? do i fill that out or do it all online?

Thanks again.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 4:40 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    Redx
    you definitely CANNOT start an appeal , that ship has long since sailed

you are starting a DEFENCE, because this is now a court case

so read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread again , look for the BARGEPOLE links and read his walk through

first task is to acknowledge ONLINE , nothing else is done on line , only acknowledgement (the AOS)

then start to draft your DEFENCE and post it on here for checking and critique

once this is suitable for submission, you will be saving the document as a pdf and emailing it as an attachment to the CCBC in Northampton

put the paperwork to one side as you dont need it once the above is done

keep reading that NEWBIES FAQ post #2 until it sinks in
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 21st Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Just thought i would update you all as i've come to the end of sanity with this all. Please first of all accept my apologies as i have had no time at all due to illness to be able to fight any of these parking charges.

One has already gone to court which went in their favour and now i have to pay £260. I have another letter infant of me from the same car park threatening the same. I have just got off the phone to What appeared to be Gladstone Solicitors but i think it went through to DRP. This ticket i was parked in a disabled bay, clearly showing a valid badge. The parking conditions are free for 4 hours, the guy on the phone called me a liar and said its not. After arguing with him for 10 minutes and asking to be put through to Gladstones he told me he can't give me a phone number or email address and thinly thing i can do is pay the charges. If i don't pay the charges then it will go to court like the other one and i will have another debt to pay.

This is ridiculous and i'm annoyed that i cannot speak to anyone or that this guy wouldn't help.

Please help me.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 21st Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    Redx
    chances are that it was DRP who only want your money , same as before

DRP cannot help and will not help, they are tasked in recovering the alleged debt, nothing more, same applies to Gladrags too, they are tasked on behalf of the parking company to recover the outstanding "debt" , not to help you

neither drp or gladrags exist to help YOU , so you wont get any help from them - its not their job to help you

you want help on here too but all you can actually get is advice

fiorstly, you need to understand that you only have 2 options

1) pay up , in full

or

2) fight back

if you choose the latter, you IGNORE drp like you are told in post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

what you do not ignore are letters from the Parking Company or their legal eagles lawyers

these would be an official LBC or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC (small claims court paperwork)

if you wish to fight this then you need pictures of the signs and evidence to support your case

the blue badge has no standing on private land, if you have a long term disability (like me), its the Equality Act 2010 that covers you for parking in those disabled bays - the blue badge merely shows the landowner and his agents that you are covered by the EA2010

if you do not own a BB and do not have a long term disability, then you are not allowed to park in those bays

the rules that allow blue badge use on the public roads do not apply and private property (read the BB booklet for clarity)

so its either pay up in full, or take it to the wire, your choice

there is no magic bullet that will make this go away , so stop looking for one

if you can get the landowner on your side and get it cancelled that way, then do so, asap

is this UK CPM again ? or somebody else ?
    Last edited by Redx; 21-12-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    Newbies !!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 21st Dec 17, 11:31 AM
    • 8,213 Posts
    • 7,535 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is a scam, albeit not illegal, which involves some complicated rules and irksome procedures, which clearly you have failed to learn. It has nothing to do with fairness, justice, ot even common sense, just who presents the best legal arguments.

If you want to beat this you have to put in the hours. The amounts involved do not merit engaging a solicitor, so either pay up or burn the midnight oil and acquaint yourself with the law. There is no silver bullet.
    Last edited by The Deep; 21-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 21st Dec 17, 11:39 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    I really appreciate all your advice.

I just don't have it in me, to be able to "burn midnight oil" and rad up on all the abbreviated suggestions.
    It seems that my only choice - although wrong - is to pay them.

I'm not looking for a silver bullet or a cross or a stake, i'm just being honest, i am lost in all the technical stuff, of MCOLS and what not.

Yes this is UK CARPARK MANAGEMENT.

Thanks again.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 21st Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    Redx
    we are just pointing stuff out in simple terms, hence the advice above

it is complicated and a lot to learn, so we appreciate if you dont "get it"

an MCOL is a modern term for a small claim , the small claims system was set up in 1973 for claims that are small in nature and where people like you defend yourself and do not emply a solicitor (because emplying one would cost you more than the claim itself and is not recoverable even if you win)

think of it as being like JUDGE RINDER without all the cat calling and playing to the camera, on there people represent themselves and no solicitors are involved , then the judge decides (like your previous case)

so unfortunately for you, its either gen up on the topic and fightback, or capitulate and pay up in full

DRP know this

GLADRAGS know this

the important thing is that you understand what you are up against, if you cannot fightback and try and win the war, then choose your battles wisely

we can advise you so that you make an informed decision

we cannot "help" you , unless you decide to fight and use our "help" to do so, which you failed to do in the earlier claim in this thread

if you had 10 parking tickets, this could happen 10 times

either way, good luck and try not to let these b******* grind you down
    Newbies !!
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 21st Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Again i appreciate everyones advice and help.

Just to update, i have just aid the £267.18, i only have a few days left of the 28 days to pay. Now i have this other one which is currently at £160, if it goes to court then i will most likely end up paying the same amount. I'm frustrated that parking in a disabled bay using a disabled badge comes with so much agro. I hate to think of the amount of people that have been stung by this and unable to do anything but pay up.

I can't afford this one jut yet, so thats something else that frustrating me as you just cant speak to anyone. They have made it such a way that speaking to anyone is impossible. Get a ticket, pay up, shut up.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 54,085 Posts
    • 67,752 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think you sound like you need the support of your MP.

Please email your MP to tell them what happened to you.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 21st Dec 17, 4:12 PM
    • 17,330 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    Redx
    I'm frustrated that parking in a disabled bay using a disabled badge comes with so much agro.
    Originally posted by LunaticSamurai
    so are we

but its the fact that you parked in a PRIVATE disabled parking bay , on PRIVATE land , using a disabled badge that is part of the issue (and not on the public highway)

the badge is provided for parking in council car parks, on public street disabled bays , short terms stay bays on public roads , single and double yellow lines on public roads etc

it was never provided for the use you were putting it to, hence why although you should display it if the landowner says so, it is the EQUALITY ACT 2010 that allows you to park there, NOT the blue badge

I am not certain that you have grasped this legal point yet , so read it over and over until you understand the differences

and yes I would agree that you should get your MP involved because your rights under the EA2010 are being trampled (same as mine would be if it happened to me (as a disabled person who also has a blue badge)

so yes I fully understand where you are coming from, but FAIR doesnt enter into the murky world of parking on private land
    Newbies !!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Talk to your mp. Go see them in person if possible. Explain your case to them.
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 29th Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    I have just sent an email to my local MP explaining everything.
    Here are photos of the signage that is there.

I had spoken to an attendant who tells me that the disabled bays were supposed to be enforced but they never did. (SO why is the sign still there?)

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzvz1VB
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    • 54,085 Posts
    • 67,752 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And the sign doesn't state a £ sum. So how much is the parking charge then, 20p or £2000?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 8th Jan 18, 2:21 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Still had no reply from my local MP?
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 9th Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Sorry i thought it was a rhetorical post. Apologies.

The signage states £100 parking charge.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,598Posts Today

8,427Users online

Martin's Twitter