Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 27th Jan 17, 1:45 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 2Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Another parking ticket
    • 27th Jan 17, 1:45 PM
    Another parking ticket 27th Jan 17 at 1:45 PM
    Hello again.

So it seems that my luck if out with this company.

I parked in the underground of the complex and i got a ticket. Attached it to the inside of the drivers window. I came back to the car to find a yellow parking charge.

I sent a letter back tot he company with a photocopy of my ticket.

They have just replied stating that because my ticket was not displayed in the windscreen they are refusing my claim because i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the parking rules.

I'd like to submit a picture of the letter but i cannot add a link, sorry.
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 33,473 Posts
    • 17,354 Thanks
    Quentin
    This is a county court claim

#2 in the newbies faq thread guides you through the process
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 8th Oct 17, 9:42 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    excuse me for being dumb but what does "hashtag 2" mean?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    it means post number 2................................................. ..above here ^^^^^^

my post right now is post #23

your last post is post #22

#2 means post number #2 in the NEWBIES sticky thread

look to the top right of each post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^>>>>>>
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • LunaticSamurai
    • By LunaticSamurai 9th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LunaticSamurai
    Ah ok, thanks for the help.

I've had a read through and have just registered to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk Where i can start an appeal, I'm going to need some time to chew through all this data as i didn't realise it was so complicated. Do i start an AOS now? and extend my 14 days to 28?

Also what do i do with this 4 page claim form? do i fill that out or do it all online?

Thanks again.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 4:40 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    you definitely CANNOT start an appeal , that ship has long since sailed

you are starting a DEFENCE, because this is now a court case

so read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread again , look for the BARGEPOLE links and read his walk through

first task is to acknowledge ONLINE , nothing else is done on line , only acknowledgement (the AOS)

then start to draft your DEFENCE and post it on here for checking and critique

once this is suitable for submission, you will be saving the document as a pdf and emailing it as an attachment to the CCBC in Northampton

put the paperwork to one side as you dont need it once the above is done

keep reading that NEWBIES FAQ post #2 until it sinks in
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

1,881Users online

Martin's Twitter