Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 27th Jan 17, 1:21 PM
    • 3,081Posts
    • 790Thanks
    Anthorn
    Ebico New Prepay Energy Tariff
    • 27th Jan 17, 1:21 PM
    Ebico New Prepay Energy Tariff 27th Jan 17 at 1:21 PM
    Ebico has introduced a new Prepay tariff in association with Robin Hood Energy which they report as being 8.5% cheaper than its Equipower and Equigas prepay tariffs. But the new prepay tariffs have a standing charge and in addition the Warm Home Discount is not available with the new prepay electric tariff. So maybe getting out the calculator is justified.

Personally, I think that far from fighting fuel poverty the new additional tariff is likely to create a two-tier class of customers which are those who don't get the Warm Home Discount and get the 8.5% lower tariff and those who do get the Warm Home Discount and don't get the 8.5% lower tariff!

https://ebico.org.uk/ebico-news/new-cheaper-gas-and-electricity-tariffs-under-the-new-partnership-with-robin-hood-energy/

https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/ebico-prepay/
Page 2
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 25th Feb 17, 6:41 PM
    • 3,478 Posts
    • 1,372 Thanks
    footyguy
    This is a (second) property in TQ4.

Electricity on our last bill (December) was for 17.15 from SSE compared to 17.19 quoted from ebico.

Gas was 4.95 compared to a lower rate of 4.967 from ebico.

I'm not aware of being told of any increase since that bill.
    Originally posted by uk1
    Rates you were quoted were inclusive of VAT @ 5%

The existing rates you quote are presumably excluding VAT (the gas certainly is)
    The bill uses ex-vat rates and then adds the VAT at the end of the calculation
    Last edited by footyguy; 25-02-2017 at 6:44 PM.
    • uk1
    • By uk1 25th Feb 17, 6:51 PM
    • 993 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    uk1
    Rates you were quoted were inclusive of VAT @ 5%

The existing rates you quote are presumably excluding VAT (the gas certainly is)
    The bill uses ex-vat rates and then adds the VAT at the end of the calculation
    Originally posted by footyguy
    On the quotation sent to me from ebico it doesn't state specifically as far as I can see that the rate includes VAT although it says that the projected total savings include VAT.

Can you point me to where you have found the unit rates that they have published as being VAT inclusive please?
    Last edited by uk1; 25-02-2017 at 6:53 PM.
    • uk1
    • By uk1 26th Feb 17, 8:23 PM
    • 993 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    uk1
    ...... perhaps someone else can clarify then if they have seen where the new Ebico are quoted as vat-inclusive as I can't find it?

Thanks
    Last edited by uk1; 26-02-2017 at 8:26 PM.
    • nicholasuk
    • By nicholasuk 12th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nicholasuk
    So what do we do, i had a letter from sse today, saying my bills will go up 188£

Which energy suppliers have the zero standing charges?

I need to find my usage from ebico.
    • Thriftmaster1973
    • By Thriftmaster1973 12th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Thriftmaster1973
    I'm in the same boat, bills estimated to rise £200 per year because of the end of the zero standing charge. Im only a low user £70 per month for both gas and electric year round.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 12th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 5,481 Posts
    • 2,540 Thanks
    LeeUK
    I'm in the same boat, bills estimated to rise £200 per year because of the end of the zero standing charge. Im only a low user £70 per month for both gas and electric year round.
    Originally posted by Thriftmaster1973
    There are a couple of suppliers in this post that supposedly offer zero standing charge to pre-pay meters.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 3,478 Posts
    • 1,372 Thanks
    footyguy
    So what do we do, i had a letter from sse today, saying my bills will go up 188£

Which energy suppliers have the zero standing charges?

I need to find my usage from ebico.
    Originally posted by nicholasuk
    You could always bump a thread from months and months ago, when there is already a recent thread on the board discussing this

Good luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

3,208Users online

Martin's Twitter