How long to hear back about HSBC application?

Comments

• AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've always been refused a CC, why? I have worked most of my life and now self employed and rent a property and have been there for more than 7 years. Got no debts than small suppliers re my work and pay off once every few months.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/?_ga=1.131938383.1598275549.1457043596

Have a look at the advice on this site about credit cards. Join the MSE Credit Club or another site such as Noddle. It will give you all the information you need about which cards you could get approved for. Maybe you are applying for the wrong ones and this will damage you chances further of getting the other ones.
  • AliceBanned
    Forumite
    Still no card for me...
  • AliceBanned
    Forumite
    My HSBC card actually arrived today.:)

Using their internet banking and app are my next hurdle. I've set them up but they don't appear to work. I can't see any option to transfer a balance. I will call them tomorrow and do it over the phone.

Nearly there! Hope others get theirs. All I can say is it took several phone calls and a visit in branch and I only did all that because the BT offer is so good. Otherwise I think I would have given up. Once the money is transferred from my cards which charge interest I will try to do everything by phone/post and in branch - it may be the only way.
  • HSBC seem to be slow in general. It took about 4 weeks for me to receive confirmation/info etc after opening a current account online.
  • AliceBanned
    Forumite
    Yep. Just spent about half an hour on the phone doing 3 balance transfers. Most banks you just do it online and it is straightforward.

I don't mind in this case as I am happy to be offered a large enough balance and 0% BT so that I am now no longer paying any interest on credit cards, and trying to pay them off!
  • I am another person who has had this same issue with HSBC. Applied online shortly after Christmas and was not given a yes or no, just told HSBC would be in touch.
    Received a letter from them on 13 January asking for me to call them to check details. Rang them and after speaking to someone was told I was accepted and given a £2K limit on the balance transfer card. And would recieve it within 10 days. Heard or recieved nothing since.
    Rang again on 6th February to find out what was happening and was told the same again (7- 10 days and 2k limit) but am still waiting. And have a feeling I will remain waiting after reading this thread.
    Have to say they are the most sluggish bank I have ever dealt with. Is it worth chasing them up if I hear/receive nothing at this stage??
  • AliceBanned
    Forumite
    I am another person who has had this same issue with HSBC. Applied online shortly after Christmas and was not given a yes or no, just told HSBC would be in touch.
    Received a letter from them on 13 January asking for me to call them to check details. Rang them and after speaking to someone was told I was accepted and given a £2K limit on the balance transfer card. And would recieve it within 10 days. Heard or recieved nothing since.
    Rang again on 6th February to find out what was happening and was told the same again (7- 10 days and 2k limit) but am still waiting. And have a feeling I will remain waiting after reading this thread.
    Have to say they are the most sluggish bank I have ever dealt with. Is it worth chasing them up if I hear/receive nothing at this stage??
    It depends on what your other options are. For me it was by far the best 0% deal I have been given for a long time so it was worth the hassle. It was annoying so I wouldn't have bothered if other lenders had offered me a similar deal. If they have approved the application then it is a case of having to chase them up I'm afraid - they seem inefficient or at least their systems are. When I went in to a branch I got the help I needed and it went fairly smoothly after.
  • I made an online application around three weeks ago, after around a week, I called to find out what the situation was (expecting a rejection due to the time it had taken) I was happily advised that I had in fact been accepted and the terms and conditions had been sent out (These were received 3 days later).

I sent these back last Tuesday and called to confirm today if the docs had been received, I was advised yes and the card went out in the post on Friday (Id expect this to be with me around Wednesday/Thursday).

Although the process maybe a littler slower than you would generally expect, I am very happy with the outcome.

I haven't been able to obtain a credit card from any company of note for years and HSBC have given me a great card with great terms.
  • Oh dear, I applied last week and was told my paperwork is on its way... maybe by xmas it will arrive
  • I'm glad I read this thread. I applied for a Sainsburys CC about three weeks ago, sent paperwork off about ten days ago so I have a bit to wait!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure