Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gm89uk
    • By gm89uk 26th Jan 17, 1:06 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    gm89uk
    Euro Parking Services
    • 26th Jan 17, 1:06 PM
    Euro Parking Services 26th Jan 17 at 1:06 PM
    Hey guys,

The driver received a parking ticket today from Euro Parking Services (IPC).
    Am I right in thinking it is unfair? I'd like to know I'm not the only one that thinks it's unfair. The driver was only there for 2 minutes buying a sandwich from the Greggs behind in the picture. Greggs said it is nothing to do with ticket and it is the landowner that hires the company.

I'm using this template letter

[insert your name
    and address]

[insert date]
    [insert name and address of
    landowner or agent of landowner]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ticket number: [insert ticket number]
    Vehicle registration number: [insert vehicle registration number]

You issued me with a parking ticket on [insert date] but I believe it was [select from unfairly / unlawfully / illegally] issued. [if asked] I decline your invitation to name the driver, which is not required of me as the keeper of the vehicle. I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following [select from reason / reasons]:

!!!8226; There was insufficient signage
    The car park in question has no clear signage to explain what the relevant parking restrictions are. This means no contract can be formed with the landowner and all tickets are issued illegally. Please see attached evidence, [explain your evidence here & include and refer to documentary evidence if you have any], I have gathered as proof.

If you choose to pursue me please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you answer the specific points raised in my letter.

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]

With these photos. The private land sign is on the far right of entering the enclosure
    http://imgur.com/h7C3aIC This is not visible upon entering from the left side.

The sign which is not legible unless up close
    http://imgur.com/rLboNIu Car also parked infront of sign.

Area where the driver parked: http://imgur.com/Pqzr2Wp to the right of the mini (the sign is behind the mini)

Where the driver parked http://imgur.com/XS1F3Bg

Reason given on ticket: "Parked in restricted area of car park"

Many thanks for your help. Worth an appeal or just pay up?
    Last edited by gm89uk; 21-02-2017 at 12:50 AM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Jan 17, 1:34 PM
    • 17,317 Posts
    • 21,698 Thanks
    Redx
    • 26th Jan 17, 1:34 PM
    • 26th Jan 17, 1:34 PM
    unfair or not , its an invoice and can be sent to anyone for any reason

just stick to what the NEWBIES STICKY thread tells you to do , dont deviate from it and dont make up your own appeal either

so please read and follow the NEWBIES sticky thread , near the top of this forum

and grace periods may well cover this , so read the appropriate CoP too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jan 17, 12:53 AM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,559 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Jan 17, 12:53 AM
    • 27th Jan 17, 12:53 AM
    I'm using this template letter
    No, you are not. That letter is rubbish! Stick with reading the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 27th Jan 17, 9:55 AM
    • 40,936 Posts
    • 81,712 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 27th Jan 17, 9:55 AM
    • 27th Jan 17, 9:55 AM
    Edit your first post immediately! You have told the whole world who was driving. Parking companies read these fora.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • gm89uk
    • By gm89uk 4th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gm89uk
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:39 PM
    Hi Everyone.

I sent an appeal as per the Newbies thread which was rejected with this email:

"Thank you for your appeal received on 21/02/2017 regarding the above detailed Parking Charge Notice. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients parking regulations. We have investigated the appeal and considered the comments that you have made. A decision has been made based on the information submitted by the appellant along with the evidence gathered by the parking attendant, and can confirm that at this
    instance the Parking Charge was issued correctly for the following reason.
    The terms and conditions of use of the car park are clearly stated on the signs prominently displayed around the car park, these include vehicles are not permitted to park on restricted areas of the car park such as double yellow/red lines, crosshatched bays, no parking zones. According to our records your vehicle was incorrectly parked, we have no option but to reject this appeal. The signs are prominently displayed in and around the site and are obvious to any person who enters the site. It is incumbent upon motorists to read them. If they choose to ignore them then they submit to the terms nonetheless.
    We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. Please now make payment of £100 to reach us by 27/03/2017. If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Non Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection In order to appeal, you will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued. However, if you choose this option your Parking Charge will automatically increase to £100. Please visit www.theias.org for full details. Payments can be made by cheque or postal order made payable to Euro Parking Services Ltd. Please ensure you write your Parking Charge Notice number clearly on the reverse. Please do not send cash through the post. Payment can be made using a debit or credit card by calling the automated payment line on 0845 121 0065 or online at www.europarkingservices.com. For our full Complaints Procedure please visit www.europarkingservices.com.
    Yours sincerely"

I'd like to add there were no double yellow lines, or crosshatchings or signs to say it was not a parking zone.
    As evident here:
    https://imgur.com/Pqzr2Wp
    https://imgur.com/WGb6kXJ

The only offence occurred was that it was a private car park, and there were poor signage as per the photos I posted before (https://imgur.com/h7C3aIC, see small sign just to the right of entry)

I just had this letter come through and not entirely sure how to respond. Are they giving me the chance to appeal again?
    https://imgur.com/MXODtRj

Also why has the charge suddenly gone up to £160?!
    Many thanks for your help
    Last edited by gm89uk; 04-02-2018 at 8:41 PM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    unfair or not , its an invoice and can be sent to anyone for any reason

just stick to what the NEWBIES STICKY thread tells you to do , dont deviate from it and dont make up your own appeal either

so please read and follow the NEWBIES sticky thread , near the top of this forum

and grace periods may well cover this , so read the appropriate CoP too
    Originally posted by Redx
    but info can only be gained from the DVLA must be for a valid "offence"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 8:45 PM
    • 53,901 Posts
    • 67,559 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:45 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 8:45 PM
    That's the same letter as you will have seen in the thread by smach123 only yesterday.

Already answered.

No link, if you missed it, go and find it from the username and the fact it was yesterday.

Research is key, and keeping tabs on other similar threads will help you more than staying on your own thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-02-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• gm89uk
    • By gm89uk 14th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gm89uk
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    Thanks will keep you posted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

978Posts Today

7,456Users online

Martin's Twitter