Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FTBManchester01
    • By FTBManchester01 26th Jan 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FTBManchester01
    Buying: Offered Asking price and now vendor needs to 'think'
    • 26th Jan 17, 12:49 PM
    Buying: Offered Asking price and now vendor needs to 'think' 26th Jan 17 at 12:49 PM
    My husband and I have been trying to buy a new home for about 6 months. In the whole time, averaging 2-3 property viewing a week, we have seen just 2 houses we were interested in. First place fell through due to numerous issues on the vendor's side.
    We recently viewed another property that is very top end of our budget but worth it. We initially offered 95% which was rejected. After working out finances we offered the full asking price on condition it is accepted within 3 days and taken off the market. We are in no chain, mortgage agreed, deposit ready, solicitors primed and in rented property which we can stay in if the vendors need time to find a new place.We love the house and I'm tired of searching!
    The EA has called today and said there are 2 other offers on the table and so the vendor wants a week to make his decision?! I'm quite aware that this translates to "he wants more than his asking price now plus the weekend to set up another few viewings and see if they are fruitful"
    No way jose! I'm not getting into a bidding war and I believe if he is awkward at this early stage then maybe he isn't the type of person I want to do business with. I have told the EA that we will not wait and if he can't accept our offer within the 3 days then its off the table.
    My colleague thinks I'm being unreasonable. What are everyone's thoughts...?
Page 3
    • G_M
    • By G_M 11th Jan 18, 11:22 AM
    • 42,727 Posts
    • 49,929 Thanks
    G_M
    Why is this being discusssed again?

The current poster's query is precisely the same as the original one a year ago. A host of responses, explanations, and views were offered back then. The process, morals and law haven't changed so the responses will be the same!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,231Posts Today

9,773Users online

Martin's Twitter