Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 26th Jan 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1,039Posts
    • 3,212Thanks
    JoJoC
    Getting my shhh together
    • 26th Jan 17, 12:20 PM
    Getting my shhh together 26th Jan 17 at 12:20 PM
    It's January 2017 and I want to make a stand against myself.

I will let me sabotage myself no more and I will take control and make my finances better!

Where to begin? Good question! Since my husband and I bought our first house together in 2009, we have bad financial decision after bad financial decision. Not through stupidity, but a combination of naivety, laziness and lack of foresight. We are very impulsive people and it's quite tricky to rein that in when it comes to finances but we've had endless talks over the last few months and 2017 is the year that we sort our sh!t out!

A combination of astronomical childcare costs, unpaid maternity leave, paying the mortgage for our flat when it isn't let (second property) and a few other things has meant that the last 2.5 years have been really tight and we have built up some debt that I really want to reduce. I'll declare it below!

Credit card 1: £6,000 (on 0% interest)
    Credit card 2: £3,800 (not yet on 0% interest)
    Overdraft: £600
    Owe to MIL: £120
    Owe to uncle: £700

I CAN tackle this in 2017 because:

- My eldest son is starting school in August, meaning i'll be saving on nursery fees
    - I have just started a new job and my earnings will increase by around £200 per month
    - My husband is busy with additional work in the form of 'homers' over the next couple of months

Hurdles/ challenges/ costly things happening:
    - My sister's wedding in September
    - My sister's hen weekend in September
    - It's my mother in law's 60th and we are going away for a few nights to a cottage to celebrate
    - Husband is going on my brother-in-law's stag weekend to Prague
    - We need to save for spending money as my company is paying for myself and husband to go to Thailand for a week for work.

As you can see, the opportunities to save, to rein in what we are spending and to pay off debts are there, but it's such a busy year of commitments so I know it's going to be hard going.

How am I going to achieve this?

Change the setup of our banking
    It's currently one big bank account for all income, bills and spending but that's not working for us at all, particularly because we have massive outgoings so I want to switch to having a bills account, a spending account and a savings account.

Spend time weekly on budgeting
    I have set up a comprehensive spreadsheet detailing when money comes in, when it goes out, when money is transferred to savings and when money is transferred to spending accounts. I want to ensure that this is kept on target and we aren't left short so I want to spend time every Sunday night when my husband is at football going through our finances and the spreadsheet to make sure everything is running smoothly and tackle any adjustments that need to be made. I'm paid monthly and my husband is paid weekly so it's a tricky balance.

Striking the balance
    I need to strike the balance between paying off debt that we have and saving up for the things that we've committed to this year - I know if I focus on debt alone, we'll end up further in debt to cover things. Vigilance is the key and I will need to keep on top of what we can and can't afford to do. Considered choices will work best and looking ahead to see what's coming up will help too. I want to tackle the family debt first, particularly as they are the smallest debts and the ones that I feel bad about the most.

I appreciate that there's a lot of debt-free diaries on here and this one isn't solely about hammering debt, but I think it's important for me to be accountable and I want to make changes rather than plan then just bury my head in the sand.

Any encouragement along the way would be appreciated!
    CC1: 3,774.32/4,200 | CC2: 5,077/5,393 | Loan: 7,430/15,000
    Total: 16,292.57/20,032 Paid since Feb17: 3,739 or 18.66%

Mummy of two boys - Working hard to make better financial choices!
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
Page 22
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 18th May 17, 10:04 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Thanks so much for thinking of me, both of you! Itís been a really crazy couple of weeks to say the least, for a few reasons:

1. We were away for our Ďfreeí weekend away so that my husband could work and we could make a weekend of itÖ I got a hideous sickness bug the first day then just as I stopped being sick, my husband had to go to work and my eldest (4) started, while I was on my own and my two-year-old was bouncing off the walls. We spent the whole weekend confined to our room. It was awful!

2. Iím still recovering from the bug and still feel queasy and exhausted.

3. Iím still under a lot of pressure at work and will be until mid-June when my project ends, I can take stock, then start preparing for the next big project!

4. Thereís been a lot of juggling this last week with kids being off nursery, me working from home and two school visits with my son which were great but disruptive taking time out of work when Iím so busy.

In terms of finances, things arenít all bad but they could be a lot better. Iíve lost my way a bit with being organized (always our problem) and weíve had a couple of takeaways lately which is a downward spiral really. I just need to get my mojo back!

I had to take £220 out of our savings to clear our previous energy supplierís bill. The way that they had billed me on my final statement didnít make sense and I struggled to get through to them to discuss it so itís been drawn out for a while. They clarified things and the total was in fact £220 so that was a bit of a hit!

Taking stock
    - Managed to save £200 this month as planned
    - Savings account total is still £608 (after I had to pay the energy company)
    - My husband is working this whole weekend so should manage to make another nice deposit into the savings soon. He is owed around £200 from last weekendís work too, so Iím hoping to boost the savings to £1,000 when the payments for all of this work come in.
    - The next things on the radar for savings to be spent on are: 3 days city break in early July, 4 days city break in early August, School uniform for August before the chaos of September kicks in!

What do I need to do to get back on track?
    - Get back to meal planning and lunch prepping
    - Get husband back on board with meal planning and lunch prepping
    - Absorb the extra spends from the last few weeks and move on Ė stop beating self up
    - Look at my spreadsheet again, my goals, and whatís coming up to motivate me

Summary
    Iím fine. Iím alive. Things could be worse. But they could be better. Must try harder!

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 19th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    It's Friday!
    I'm very much in need of this weekend... not that it'll be relaxing at all, but I'd quite like to try not thinking about work at all this weekend! We'll see...

Good things
    • My husband was paid for a job yesterday so there's £290 in cash to add to our savings pot when I'm next at the bank
    • He is working this evening, tomorrow and Sunday which, although we'll miss our family weekend, will really boost the money situation. He's also awaiting £300 owed from another job.
    • I'm feeling slightly more organised about work things today - i'm not fighting a losing battle quite so much.
    • I shouldn't need to spend much money this weekend - taking my son to his swimming lesson (paid for in blocks), then to a birthday party (present paid for), then on Sunday we're going to visit my parents (free). Just need to avoid unnecessary spending on food!
    • I'm finishing at 4pm today

Not so good things
    • I spent £5 on my lunch today - complete lack of preparation!
    • I'm still feeling a bit queasy after a weekend of illness
    • I've got two very close friends 30ths next month and both are having a night out (each) in town...££££

Hope you all have a great weekend and hopefully I'll be back on Monday completely rejuvenated, feeling on top of the world and with a new sense of motivation for saving!

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 22nd May 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Low spend weekend - achieved!
    Well, I was on my own with the kids this weekend while my husband worked and normally I throw money at the 'problem' and take them for food, take them to softplay or just generally anything to keep them occupied. This weekend, i managed to avoid that as much as possible!

Spends:
    • Chinese takeaway on Saturday night - £15
    • Haircuts for both boys - £12
    • Birthday party in the afternoon, present already purchased - £0

Sunday was also productive - we spent time with my parents and while my youngest was taking a nap, my mum and I managed to get quite a bit done for my sister's hen weekend which is in three months.

I did our weekly shop today and spent £44 so it's nice and low, although last weekend was our expensive week so unsurprising. We shouldn't need nappies for the next few weeks as I got two big boxes with £1 each off them at Aldi.

I also went to the school uniform shop to take a look at my eldest's uniform (he's starting in August) and came away with two jumpers, a tank top, two polo shirts and a jacket! Whoops! My mum was with me and paid for some of it so i only spent £24. Still lots to get but I feel better knowing that I have the first few bits in. I must write myself a list of things still to get!

This week is a busy one again at work but I'm feeling like I can be on top of it if I just keep the motivation high.

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 22nd May 17, 7:14 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 7,587 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Well done for tackling the school uniform in May.

I am struggling with motivation but like you determined to keep it high
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/June 2017=8,800
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 23rd May 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Thanks DIA - our schools go back the second week in August so I figured there's no harm in getting started. I really need to write a list of what I need, the quantity of what I need and, most importantly, the cost! I'll leave shoes and trousers until nearer the time, as he's definitely going through a growth spurt right now. He's eating me out of house and home.

We can motivate each other, although I'm not sure how! I thought today would be a no spend day but I need to go out at lunchtime to get my son a plain white polo shirt for his nursery graduation photos which are tomorrow. Other than that, no spending! Lunch and snacks are in my bag, so i'm doing better than last week!

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 23rd May 17, 11:31 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 7,587 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Well done on lunch and snacks in your bag. It makes all the difference for me when I do that although I feel like a cart horse with my water, coffee, snacks and lunch
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 23rd May 17, 12:25 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Yes, i know what you mean! I'm lucky because I keep a box of cereal at work for breakfast (I can't eat first thing) so just need to bring lunch and fruit. I have cereal bars in my drawer and the odd bit of chocolate for emergencies so I don't need to cart about too much.

My colleague also brought in lots of snacks because we have visitors to the office but she's bought enough for a small country so that'll be plenty of extra snacks to be polished off this week and next!

I'm only in the office three days this week and two days next week, then i'm in London the following week so its not worth my while spending £90 on a monthly ticket this month. Instead, the cheapest way is just to buy daily returns so in the next three weeks i'll spend £32 on the train instead of £90.

I need to get back into my spreadsheet and work out what's left for the remainder of the month - I get paid a week today so i'll need to do my sums.

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 30th May 17, 9:48 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    It's been a week since I posted and I'm really struggling with motivation to save/ stop spending/ avoid self destruction.

We're not in dire straits or anything, I just feel like there's loads to spend on right now, everyone seems to 'need' something and life is so busy and stressful that I'm cutting corners/ not thinking things through before I make a purchase.

It's not like I've been going wild on buying myself stuff or anything, just things that have cropped up that we didn't think about.

Here's a sample of things:
    - Firefighter costume for DS1 - as part of his nursery graduation his group is doing a firefighter performance... £8.95 on Amazon
    - To get free delivery, I had to make my order up to £20,which i did sensibly by ordering a small lego set for my niece for her birthday in August
    - A white shirt for DS1 for his nursery graduation photographs £11 in Next
    - The kids' shower gel (which I always forget to factor in!) - 1 bottle for £8.50

Other demotivators:
    - My house is a tip, but work is taking over my every waking thought at the moment (three big events next week that I'm in charge of) so just keeping the basics going
    - My husband and I are pretty busy after work this week so we're juggling who's picking up the kids etc and with this leads to junk out of the freezer for a quick dinner or feeding the kids and ordering a takeaway when they're in bed...I can see us falling back into old habits and I haven't got the energy to fight it
    - I can see no end to the stress/ busyness of this year - I have something big (and expensive!) on every month until November - it's just one thing after another.

I don't really know how to get myself out of this mindset. I think the best bet is just to get next week over with at work and then take stock and press the reset button. There's not much damage I can do in a week, surely? The bonus here is that I'm in London for three days where all expenses will go onto my company card so i'll be saving on train fares x3 and I won't be eating at home!

Sorry for such a woe-is-me post, I'm just totally fed up with everything but I'm not read to throw the towel in yet.

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 30th May 17, 12:12 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 7,587 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Sorry you are fed up but don't even think about throwing the towel in when you have done so well to get to this point.

I think you are right. Go with it for now whilst being mindful, then press the reset button and get back in control. I know you can do it JoJo

Sending a hug, DIA x
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 30th May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Thanks DIA - no, i'm not giving up! I know where I want us to be and I know how to get there, I'm just not in the mindset to focus on it right now. And I'm beating myself up for that, but I'm just repeating to myself that I can't do everything for everyone all at once, so right now work is taking more of my brain space, but that's not forever.

It's pay day today, and normally I'd be frantically tapping my keyboard, sorting out my spreadsheet and planning out the next month's money situation, but I can't even face thinking about it (nor do I have time). I'll just let the direct debits do their thing and be sensible with spending, as you suggest.

I hate being in this frame of mind - everything seems to be piling up and falling behind. And my poor husband is doing his best with the kids and the house but he's not well and working loads too so we're both just frazzled.

On an exciting front, we've got someone coming out tonight to look at our driveway. We have a long but narrow driveway and alongside it is a patch of grass. When we are getting the kids in and out of the car we need to stand on the grass and, given that we live in Scotland where it rains A LOT, we are constantly standing in soggy, muddy grass. Since we moved in 2.5 years ago it's been on our list to fix - a lot of the slabs are damaged and sunken, so damaging the tyres too - and we've decided to bite the bullet and get someone in.

We're just pricing it at this point, but it's something we really want to get done this year so we're not plodding through another winter of soggy feet... We have some money put aside from my husband working all these extra hours which can go towards it, so we shouldn't be too far away from the cost. I actually feel guilty about spending when we still have our debt sitting there, but we are working to a plan and I need to remind myself of that. The debt is coming down, we are getting through this year's commitments (of which there are many!) and our one major thing to tackle was the driveway so I need to stop feeling guilty about spending

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 30th May 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    May round up!
    I changed my mind - I need to look at this in the hope that it'll boost my feelings towards money while life is so tense. I'm edging ever closer to paying off 20% of the debt, so that's not all bad! Another milestone to aim for in the next month or so.

Round-up
    This is the list of debt taken from the beginning of February with the latest totals next to them after 1 June payments go out:

Santander card - £3,872 (£5.86p/m interest) £3687
    Virgin money card - £5,393 on 0% £5180
    overdraft - £1,000 (in and out of it) £0 - PAID OFF!
    loan - £8,912 on 6.9% with 29 months left £7680.17
    husband's mum - £120 Cleared
    husband's uncle - £700 £0! PAID
    very - was £28, now £0 PAID

Starting debt £20,032 | Current debt £16,244.17 |Paid £3,788 (18.91% paid)

In terms of savings for our 2017 commitments, we're doing a decent job too:
    Remortgage costs £1400 £1400 saved
    MIL's birthday weekend, 50% accomm and spending money £315 DONE

Cardiff trip £250 £0 saved
    Son's school uniform etc £100 £0 saved
    Hen weekend £240 £240 paid
    Liverpool trip £300 £0 saved
    Stag weekend £215 £0 left - PAID
    Stag spending money £300 £0 saved
    Sister's wedding (expenses, hotel room, gift, nails etc) £500 £0 saved
    Thailand spending money £1000 £0 saved
    Christmas - credit union £560 £360 paid
    Driveway £1,000 £0 saved

Unallocated savings:
    Credit union savings - £446.70
    In savings account - £108
    In cash - Approx £1100

• Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 30th May 17, 4:44 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    Well done JoJoC, that is excellent progress. If it were me I would be prioritising that Santander card because:
    • you are paying interest on it
    • it is the smallest and you can pick it off, which will spur you on
    • once it's paid you are in a good position to save more

I wish my progress was that good. We have been going through the cart lodge today - using the three piles method -

1. rubbish
    2. charity/sell
    3. keep

About half way through and knackered. The rubbish pile is the biggest. Quite a few things for the charity shop and a few bits to sell (old Land Rover parts - we sold it in 2013!). Found a few useful bits and a few treasures. Need a burning pile for old paperwork (our old accounts).
    MFiT T4 #2 update 25.95% after Q5
    Save £12k in 2017 #64 - £5617.21/£5500 (51.64%/50%) after June - my annual target is £11,000 (Save £12k in 2016 thread £10,488.04/£10,000)
    OS Grocery Challenge 2017 budget of £3,600 £3000 (reduced from Apr) - 50.68/50% including stores after June
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 31st May 17, 9:43 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Gosh, Suffolk Lass, you're doing well! Clearing and sorting has been on my list for a while but I need a plan for where to start and I can't possibly do that until I get this hideous work project out of the way. But you're serving as inspiration!

Hopefully you can make some cash for your efforts?

Yes, you're right, the Santander card is the priority, but i explained a few dozen posts back that this year with all of our commitments we are concentrating on saving and putting what we can to the cards, rather than busting a gut to bring the cards down. That's for next year!

We'll also be in a much better position after August when our childcare bill will drop from £1400 to around £950 (TBC) so that'll free up extra money to go towards the card. I'll also need to look at balance transferring the Santander card to get it onto 0%.

We've balance transferred a few cards in the past but haven't cancelled the old cards so we have about 3/4 cards with no balance which will probably work against us being accepted for another card so i'll need to get on that too.

Jeez, my to-do list is ever increasing!

Crap news
    The tenant in our flat is unlikely to renew after this month (I found out that his job is being transferred down south) so we're back to the drawing board looking for a tenant!

My son's old childminder was supposed to be doing three days per week before and after school come August when he goes to school, but she told me last night that she doens't think she'll be able to do it as she's now got someone that wants her for a full time place and can't pass that up So now I'm back to the drawing board looking for out of school care

There's too much going on right now! My brain can't deal with all the things that need thought about... Bah!

• thegirlinthegreenscarf
    • By thegirlinthegreenscarf 31st May 17, 12:34 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    thegirlinthegreenscarf
    I'm sorry you have had a set back regarding the childminder. I am sure something will sort itself out.
    Please don't forget how far you have come. Reading your posts I admire your organisation and your determination. Don't let this stop you! You can do this! xxx
    B/Card (0% til 08/18) £2,365.27.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 31st May 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Thank you - that's really kind of you It' sometimes hard to see the wood for the trees, so it helps to refocus on achievements and use them as motivation to achieve again.

My organisation comes in fits and bursts - and it generally all centers around what else I have going on in my life. If it's busy or there's stress, my organisation goes to pot and that's how i end up taking a few steps back in terms of spending. But I'll get there!

It was never going to be easy!

I read the first few posts of your diary and it sounds like you're getting yourself into a better place too - good luck!

• Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 31st May 17, 3:25 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    It's just a thought, but have you checked with the school whether they offer a tea-time club? Our Son used to do "homework club" until 6pm at his School (I know times do change and he was 25 yesterday...).

Without wishing to nag you over CCs - have you checked to see if any of your old, existing cards are offering a deal? We used an existing card for our 0% card. Although it wasn't advertising for existing customers, they were happy to do ours for the introductory fee, and increase our limit to let us balance transfer.

The other half of the cart lodge is the home for mouse nests. Lots of small scurrying and smells that are unmistakably mice (thank goodness, not rats!). I've left DH looking at it for a few minutes. I'd better get a cup of tea on so I have an avoidance excuse!

Re selling - more charity shops I think, but a few treasures unearthed. The trouble is, we like to have nice things and we end up keeping them! I have a Versace purse for example, still in its original box. Probably too small in reality but I know I want to keep it and the musty smell on the box means it's not a prize purchase for someone else.

Lots of camping things we will list...
    Save £12k in 2017 #64 - £5617.21/£5500 (51.64%/50%) after June - my annual target is £11,000 (Save £12k in 2016 thread £10,488.04/£10,000)
    OS Grocery Challenge 2017 budget of £3,600 £3000 (reduced from Apr) - 50.68/50% including stores after June
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 31st May 17, 3:49 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Yes, i have checked with the school but unfortunately they only run a breakfast club from 8.25am and nothing after school. We are blessed with young parents to be grandparents to our kids (they're in their early 50s) but not so blessed when my friends have no childcare costs/ problems and don't understand that my parents work full time and aren't nannies to my boys I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

I actually didn't think about approaching existing lenders - we have pretty high limits on most of those cards, definitely enough to balance transfer the whole Santander card across, so I might look into that. I'll add them to the list of people to call!

You should get that Versace purse out of its box and use it! Even just as a treat

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 1st Jun 17, 12:17 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Yesterday was pay day, today is bills day and it's the same old.

Lots goes in and lots goes out, it's pretty much a non-event but it does signal another step towards reducing our childcare spend! I'm about to make June's payment and after that we will have ONE MORE £1400 PAYMENT LEFT!!

I can't stress enough how happy I am to have got to this point. I knew we'd accumulate some debt with that childcare bill hanging over us for 18 months but it's finally coming to an end and we can then breathe a sigh of relief. I mean, £900/950 per month is still a massive amount but way more manageable.

• Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 1st Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 16,096 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    Yes, i have checked with the school but unfortunately they only run a breakfast club from 8.25am and nothing after school. We are blessed with young parents to be grandparents to our kids (they're in their early 50s) but not so blessed when my friends have no childcare costs/ problems and don't understand that my parents work full time and aren't nannies to my boys I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

I actually didn't think about approaching existing lenders - we have pretty high limits on most of those cards, definitely enough to balance transfer the whole Santander card across, so I might look into that. I'll add them to the list of people to call!

You should get that Versace purse out of its box and use it! Even just as a treat
    Originally posted by JoJoC
    I've just been through a cardboard carton of beautiful handbags. Several are beyond redemption but I have an old favourite from the late 80's - a Russell and Bromley black patent leather bag with a string strap. I recalled having the same bag in cerise pink (it was the 1980s!) and matching shoes for each (long gone). Then I found a pic of my Sis at a family wedding wearing a pink blouson jacket, with her hair very George Michael 'careless whisper' and borrowing my bag and shoes. I"m still smiling. You are right. I will use my treasures or store them properly.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 1st Jun 17, 12:47 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 3,212 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Wow - that sounds great! I love looking at fashion from years passed. I was helping my grandma (81) go through some things a few months ago and we came across her veil from when they got married in the 50s. Love it!

When my Gran died almost 9 years ago, I kept a couple of her clutch bags and have used them a fe times! She'd love to think that I'm getting use out of her lovely things, I'm sure.

Enjoy your treasures

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,800Posts Today

8,133Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin