IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

FINAL REMINDER - SIP LIMITED - Manchester

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,985
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If this includes debt collection charges you would be an idiot to pay it as even if it went to court they can only claim the original charge, not plus debt collection idiot add ons!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,714
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 January 2017 at 1:14AM
    They are separate tickets for separate places - sadly, they've both bitten at the same time despite them being months apart. Years of no tickets and two strike at once ! The circumstances are slightly different and I've reworded this one to focus on the help maybe needed. Is that okay? (sorry if not)

These are not real parking 'fines' you know. Real parking penalties come from the Council or Police.

But I don't have a case against them.

Yes you do - SIP signs are the usual issue to concentrate on (if the driver didn't see/could not read about £100 charge they could not have agreed to it). We've never seen a SIP/Gladstones one lost when using a strong defence with MSE help.
    If anybody has any obvious ideas to fight this case, I'd be open to hearing them - can I post the letter anywhere for you guys to see?

Yes show us the letter if you wish, your case is the same as the rest though. You will get a claim filed by Gladstones and we will help you defend it based on similar ones (you can see them for yourself, have a look at spaceman8's thread for his win this week, he won based on unreadable signs = no contract agreed with a similar parking firm).

Did you not take on board:

NEVER RING A PARKING FIRM

YOU WOULD PAY LESS EVEN IF YOU LOST IN COURT

THERE IS NO EFFECT ON YOUR CREDIT RATING AS LONG AS YOU DON'T IGNORE COURT ORDERS/DEADLINES, AND DEFEND (AND TURN UP)

IF YOU PAY OR RING ANY PARKING FIRM OR DEBT COLLECTOR OF A PARKING FIRM, YOU ARE A VICTIM WHO HAS BEEN MUGGED.

Trust us, we advise people on these scams all the time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thismakemesad
    thismakemesad Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:37PM
    Half_way wrote: »
    Where was the car park in question? Sip parking, like most PPC infest someone elses property to run their grubby business on

It was Cable Street, Manchester
    Half_way wrote: »
    Hey, its just gone up another £50.
    the truth of the matter is the sum owed is Zero, nothing, not a penny.
    They can take you to court, but they wont get much more, or even the amount from you that they are demanding.
    if you play your cards right things should work out in your favour, but you seem content to play the victim card, and roll over sobbing look at poor me.
    You will need to spend a little time on this, however you've already signed up on here, created a username/password for this site and posted your original posts and subsequent follow ups.
    Take a good look thorough things and then you will see where you stand and why you shouldnt pay

I'm really sorry I'm coming across as playing the victim card - I'm not intending to and don't want to give in to the system
  • fisherjim wrote: »
    If this includes debt collection charges you would be an idiot to pay it as even if it went to court they can only claim the original charge, not plus debt collection idiot add ons!

I agree, I feel it's incredibly unfair to have all these charges - I'm not sure on the next step however and didn't realise the scale of time that I would need, in order to officially reply to their claim. I think the next letter I will receive will be the court claim, do you know what the next step would be from here?
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »

Yes you do - SIP signs are the usual issue to concentrate on (if the driver didn't see/could not read about £100 charge they could not have agreed to it). We've never seen a SIP/Gladstones one lost when using a strong defence with MSE help.

Yes show us the letter if you wish, your case is the same as the rest though. You will get a claim filed by Gladstones and we will help you defend it based on similar ones (you can see them for yourself, have a look at spaceman8's thread for his win this week, he won based on unreadable signs = no contract agreed with a similar parking firm).

Trust us, we advise people on these scams all the time.

The signs on site are scarce from previous knowledge, but I won't be back there for potentially months to collect any evidence :( Is there a way to fight this without photos?

Or can I copy the initial spaceman8's letter to ask for all the evidence regarding signage etc.?

I think my next letter from them will be a court claim of some sort, do I wait for that and then reply? I wish I'd seen these letters at the early stage to reply with a simple Email to convince them to drop it.

3 hours parking was paid for, and due to other circumstances, the driver was late back. and it was as simple as that - despite paying to be there. SO FRUSTRATING!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    you will never "convince them to drop it", frustrating or not

sc@mmers sc@m , its that simple , and they set traps for the unwary, or issue invoices that may be unjust but its their word against the motorist

these companies use the lack of laws and the small claims court to trap and scare people

nothing you could have done will stop this juggernaut careering downhill, so forget the self pity

the only way it stops are as follows

1) it "times out" after 6 years (small claims court statute)

2) they issue an MCOL and you defend yourself in court , if you lose , you pay and thats the end of it

3) SIP issue a cancellation letter (unlikely)
  • Okay so if Court is the most likely, how do I go about going around that ? I'm scared that I won't be able to make my court hearing as I practically work on the road around the world all the time and don't want this to worsen if I can't attend. Are there any moves I can make in order for them to drop it? Or is everything now a build up of defence in a court case?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 30 January 2017 at 6:14PM
    Everything is building up to defend a claim. You can state in the court forms which dates you are not available, ahead of time.
    Is there a way to fight this without photos?

Yes, for the time being this is no problem, because at this point and when submitting the initial defence (probably in the Spring) you don't have to attach evidence at that stage, only words of defence. Your evidence comes later, maybe five months time, before a hearing.
    can I copy the initial spaceman8's letter to ask for all the evidence regarding signage etc.?
    If you like, adapt that just to buy some time. You'll still get a claim though; Gladstones do these like a machine, no matter what you say in any letters.

Tell us the location or have you tried searching 'SIP PARKING SIGNS NAME OF LOCATION' on Google images to find pics someone else has taken?
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Reading this I don't think you have a court case to defend yet do you?
    Is your concern that due to the car being registered somewhere else you won't find out if you do get taken to court or not and that if you do you wont have enough time to prepare a defence?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Pretty much it's turn up and defend and we find almost everyone wins, with a forum defence & advice to back them.

You can't negotiate except sometimes with a landowner - not with SIP or Gladstones, they would spot the desperation and hold out for silly money (more than a Judge would likely award even if you lost).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure