Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    brownbabygirl
    Devastated - Offered Lloyds TSB Cash Account
    • 24th Sep 07, 12:17 AM
    Devastated - Offered Lloyds TSB Cash Account 24th Sep 07 at 12:17 AM
    I have banked with HSBC for 11 years and I wanted to switch. I applied to Halifax (high interest current account) and Lloyds TSB (classic account). Halifax flat out refused! LTSB refused me too but offered a cash account. I am really disappointed as I hate the service HSBC offer and wanted to move ASAP and then reclaim 130 GBP bank charges! I suspect that I was rejected based on five late payments with a settled and closed account with Abbey earlier this year (long story!). Other than than I have credited my HSBC with at least 2000 GBP each month and they upgraded me with a Maestro and cheque book. I guess all that was not taken into account. I also had a 400 GBP managed loan that I recently paid off in bulk with HSBC (around the same time I applied for the accounts) but I am at me cos I should have waited 30 days before applying for the accounts as my file would have at least shown I paid it off!

Since the cash account has very limited features, I will keep my HSBC open for a while but have my wages paid into my LTSB cash account (even though no credit interest) plus all direct debits with LTSB . The point is to ask for an upgrade to a classic account after 3-6 months and take advantage of their 1 year regular savings account at 8% AER.

My question is, do you think it likely I will get upgraded to classic account and how soon?

BTW: I have ordered my credit files from all 3 agencies and will check carefully to make sure it is up to date!

Any comments on my situation is gratefully appreciated

I love this board.

Thanks!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,434Posts Today

7,981Users online

Martin's Twitter