Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 24th Jan 17, 9:04 PM
    • 18,157Posts
    • 198,225Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Malware problem
    • 24th Jan 17, 9:04 PM
    Malware problem 24th Jan 17 at 9:04 PM
    As above I have a problem with malware. For the last few days I have had a recurrence of the same problem. My laptop is fine in the morning, come the evening the web browsers start playing up and I scan with Malwarebytes and have to remove 27 items. I am guessing there must be something left on my laptop after the items are quarantined but I cannot find it.

The other evening I thought I would stay ahead of it, scanned it with Malwarebytes and it was clear, half an hour later the problems started up, scanned it again and there was 27 items to be removed. Can't guarantee it is the same every time but there must be a time trigger there somewhere.

I am using a Windows 10 i3 HP Pavillion, if more details are needed I will have to check.

This is the detail of what Malwarebytes found tonight.

Any help would be appreciated.

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Page 2
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Mar 17, 12:04 PM
    • 18,157 Posts
    • 198,225 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I can excuse anything on here if it has solved the problem

The test will be when it is being used tonight.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Beverley Hillbillies
    • By Beverley Hillbillies 17th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Beverley Hillbillies
    Sorry to hijack, but as this is about malware, thought I'd ask a question.

I'm not that tech savvy, I have AVG ultimate installed, do I need to install and run malwarebytes, and keep it as a programme?
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 17th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 2,883 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    AndyPix
    ^^ yes, that would be highly recommended
    Running with scissors since 1978
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin