Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Rosie
    • By MSE Rosie 23rd Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 23Thanks
    MSE Rosie
    MSE News: TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest
    • 23rd Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    MSE News: TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest 23rd Jan 17 at 12:52 PM
    High street bank TSB has relaunched its free £125 offer for switching to its Classic Plus current account. Here's what you get and how it compares to other top pick bank switch incentives....
    Read the full story:
    'TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 23-01-2017 at 1:58 PM.
Page 13
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 25th Apr 17, 12:37 PM
    • 22,855 Posts
    • 13,207 Thanks
    xylophone
    I'd like to try and get in on some of these current account switches offering financial indentures
    Incentives? Unless you're signing up for an apprenticeship...
    • VMAX
    • By VMAX 29th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VMAX
    A word of warning!
    Yes - I switched, fancied the £130....doh!
    All went very well and I am 2 days from full set up. Only problem is that I didn't have 2 direct debits...I had 1 direct debit and 1 standing order! Tip. Check out the difference between a DD and a Standing order - I didn't and they managed to get out of paying.
    Tip 2. If you don't have 2 direct debits on your old a/c create a direct debit for £1 to a charity then you qualify. Spose everybody wins like that...wish I had known!
    • schiff
    • By schiff 3rd Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 17,601 Posts
    • 8,904 Thanks
    schiff
    TSB Classic Plus
    Extract from the T&Cs:

"£5 cashback every month just for having two direct debits per month.
    Plus another £5 cashback every month if you spend with your debit card at least 20 times a month.
    For accounts opened on or after 1 March 2017 only. Offer ends 30 June 2018."

Help needed pse. When will the last cash-back be paid for the £100 a month use for an account opened in February 2017 pse? I didn't make a note

I realise the extra £5 cash-back won't apply.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 3rd Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    TheShape
    Extract from the T&Cs:

"£5 cashback every month just for having two direct debits per month.
    Plus another £5 cashback every month if you spend with your debit card at least 20 times a month.
    For accounts opened on or after 1 March 2017 only. Offer ends 30 June 2018."

Help needed pse. When will the last cash-back be paid for the £100 a month use for an account opened in February 2017 pse? I didn't make a note

I realise the extra £5 cash-back won't apply.
    Originally posted by schiff
    You'll earn (although terms refer to being 'paid') cashback up until 30 Sep, so last payment in October.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/five-percent-cashback-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    • PRITPAL17
    • By PRITPAL17 12th Jul 17, 9:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PRITPAL17
    Declined the bonus
    Hi

I was declined the bonus £125, the reason they gave the switch will not complete within the time limit.
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17, when I tried to switch yesterday 11/07, they said it is too late now as the switch takes 7 working days which will take it over the deadline and make me ineligible.

Is there anything i can do, Please advise. Thanks
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 5,120 Posts
    • 4,336 Thanks
    badger09
    Hi

I was declined the bonus £125, the reason they gave the switch will not complete within the time limit.
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17, when I tried to switch yesterday 11/07, they said it is too late now as the switch takes 7 working days which will take it over the deadline and make me ineligible.

Is there anything i can do, Please advise. Thanks
    Originally posted by PRITPAL17
    The switch takes 7 days. Why did you leave it until 11th to begin? Was the delay your choice, or TSB's fault?

If it was your choice, I don't see there is anything you can do. You simply didn't comply with the T&C.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 5,466 Posts
    • 5,269 Thanks
    eskbanker
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17
    Originally posted by PRITPAL17
    You must have stopped reading one sentence too soon!
    Complete a full switch to TSB using the Current Account Switch Service by 14 July 2017. This process takes 7 working days
    • KittenChops
    • By KittenChops 29th Jul 17, 9:31 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    KittenChops
    Can anyone shed any light on what might have gone wrong with my husband's account switch please?
    Both of us switched our current accounts using the MSE link. Mine went through fine & I've received the £130 cashback. His looked to have done the same but he didn't receive the cashback so he called them this morning to be told he only has a Classic account, not a Classic Plus.
    We both saw the same screens during the application process so we're really confused... He's never had a TSB account before. One of his direct debits hasn't been paid either, despite confirmation from TSB that it was transferred but that's a separate issue...
    • Johntea
    • By Johntea 29th Jul 17, 2:18 PM
    • 1,095 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    Johntea
    I signed up for the £130 offer, and happy to say the £130 went in yesterday no problems - even sweeter with it being payday too! Not sure when the £5 bonus for the 20 transactions is meant to go in though, I missed the £5 2 direct debits paid out bonus this month but presumably I can still get that this month if I make 2 direct debit payments.

Quite impressed with TSB in general so far
    • SHill
    • By SHill 29th Jul 17, 6:17 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    SHill
    Dear all I need some advice ... I switched to TSB account early this month.

All bar one of one dd has gone through.
    I noticed my dd list that I had 2 dd set up for this and wasn't sure what went wrong... as everything else seemed accurate. I re-checked my dd and transactions and it hasn't gone through.
    So I'm a little puzzled.
    Has this happened with anyone else.. and how did you get this resolved?
    • gocat
    • By gocat 29th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 4,834 Posts
    • 53,634 Thanks
    gocat
    Since when has TSB paid out £5 a month if you have 2 DDs going from it or have I read it wrong. If I set up 2 DDs to my Tesco bank account will I start getting the £5 a month. I have 2 TSB classic plus accounts. Can I do this on both of them.
    tia

ETA ok its ok. Just realised its for those that opened accounts after march 17 so wont apply to me
    Last edited by gocat; 29-07-2017 at 10:07 PM.
    • RK498
    • By RK498 30th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RK498
    Hi, sorry if this has already been asked, I've recently opened the TSB account and in two weeks it will have been 28 days since I switched the account so should receive the bonus. My question is, when can I switch to another account, do I have to have been with TSB for a certain amount of time or can I change whenever to another account?
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 30th Jul 17, 1:08 PM
    • 29,397 Posts
    • 17,173 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Hi, sorry if this has already been asked
    Originally posted by RK498
    It has, thousands of times on here over the years!
    do I have to have been with TSB for a certain amount of time or can I change whenever to another account?
    The answer is the same as it always has been. If you have to stay with them for a minimum time period the switching incentive T&Cs will very clearly say so (as they do with Nationwide's RAF promotion for example). Do the TSB T&Cs stipulate such a minimum time period?
    • RK498
    • By RK498 30th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RK498
    It didn't say anywhere under the conditions that are shown, but in terms of the detailed and long terms & conditions I didn't read those so not sure if it states it there.
    Thanks
    • surreysaver
    • By surreysaver 30th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 1,271 Thanks
    surreysaver
    Can anyone shed any light on what might have gone wrong with my husband's account switch please?
    Originally posted by KittenChops
    Does it involve Google Chrome? If it does, their systems don't support it. I've only just realised, as I've now got a suspended application as I was applying in Chrome, and got part way through. Rang up the helpline, they suggested using Internet Explorer. But as I had already started an application, I cannot now complete it!
    If your switch was anything to do with Google Chrome, I might suggest that could be the reason.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
    • madhat
    • By madhat 2nd Aug 17, 1:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    madhat
    I am having the same problem, what was the outcome?
    • MariannG
    • By MariannG 30th Aug 17, 8:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MariannG
    not received bonus
    I was succesfull on application on the 17 February and did everything as it was written but I have never received the bonus. ANyone has an idea why and where can I claim it?
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 30th Aug 17, 9:15 PM
    • 4,621 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    Consumerist
    I was succesfull on application on the 17 February and did everything as it was written but I have never received the bonus. ANyone has an idea why and where can I claim it?
    Originally posted by MariannG
    If you qualified then it is usually paid into your account automatically.

I would make enquiries to see what has gone wrong.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,348Users online

Martin's Twitter