Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Rosie
    • By MSE Rosie 23rd Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 22Thanks
    MSE Rosie
    MSE News: TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest
    • 23rd Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    MSE News: TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest 23rd Jan 17 at 12:52 PM
    High street bank TSB has relaunched its free £125 offer for switching to its Classic Plus current account. Here's what you get and how it compares to other top pick bank switch incentives....
    Read the full story:
    'TSB offers bank switchers free £125, £5/mth cashback AND 3% interest'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 23-01-2017 at 1:58 PM.
Page 13
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 25th Apr 17, 12:37 PM
    • 22,026 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    xylophone
    I'd like to try and get in on some of these current account switches offering financial indentures
    Incentives? Unless you're signing up for an apprenticeship...
    • VMAX
    • By VMAX 29th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VMAX
    A word of warning!
    Yes - I switched, fancied the £130....doh!
    All went very well and I am 2 days from full set up. Only problem is that I didn't have 2 direct debits...I had 1 direct debit and 1 standing order! Tip. Check out the difference between a DD and a Standing order - I didn't and they managed to get out of paying.
    Tip 2. If you don't have 2 direct debits on your old a/c create a direct debit for £1 to a charity then you qualify. Spose everybody wins like that...wish I had known!
    • schiff
    • By schiff 3rd Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 17,528 Posts
    • 8,845 Thanks
    schiff
    TSB Classic Plus
    Extract from the T&Cs:

"£5 cashback every month just for having two direct debits per month.
    Plus another £5 cashback every month if you spend with your debit card at least 20 times a month.
    For accounts opened on or after 1 March 2017 only. Offer ends 30 June 2018."

Help needed pse. When will the last cash-back be paid for the £100 a month use for an account opened in February 2017 pse? I didn't make a note

I realise the extra £5 cash-back won't apply.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 3rd Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    TheShape
    Extract from the T&Cs:

"£5 cashback every month just for having two direct debits per month.
    Plus another £5 cashback every month if you spend with your debit card at least 20 times a month.
    For accounts opened on or after 1 March 2017 only. Offer ends 30 June 2018."

Help needed pse. When will the last cash-back be paid for the £100 a month use for an account opened in February 2017 pse? I didn't make a note

I realise the extra £5 cash-back won't apply.
    Originally posted by schiff
    You'll earn (although terms refer to being 'paid') cashback up until 30 Sep, so last payment in October.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/five-percent-cashback-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    • PRITPAL17
    • By PRITPAL17 12th Jul 17, 9:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PRITPAL17
    Declined the bonus
    Hi

I was declined the bonus £125, the reason they gave the switch will not complete within the time limit.
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17, when I tried to switch yesterday 11/07, they said it is too late now as the switch takes 7 working days which will take it over the deadline and make me ineligible.

Is there anything i can do, Please advise. Thanks
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 5,085 Posts
    • 4,281 Thanks
    badger09
    Hi

I was declined the bonus £125, the reason they gave the switch will not complete within the time limit.
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17, when I tried to switch yesterday 11/07, they said it is too late now as the switch takes 7 working days which will take it over the deadline and make me ineligible.

Is there anything i can do, Please advise. Thanks
    Originally posted by PRITPAL17
    The switch takes 7 days. Why did you leave it until 11th to begin? Was the delay your choice, or TSB's fault?

If it was your choice, I don't see there is anything you can do. You simply didn't comply with the T&C.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 5,034 Posts
    • 4,779 Thanks
    eskbanker
    the terms say the application to be done by 26/06/17 and the switch by 14/07/17
    Originally posted by PRITPAL17
    You must have stopped reading one sentence too soon!
    Complete a full switch to TSB using the Current Account Switch Service by 14 July 2017. This process takes 7 working days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin