Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andygb
    • By andygb 22nd Jan 17, 1:59 PM
    • 11,751Posts
    • 25,325Thanks
    andygb
    Fake charities - beware.
    • 22nd Jan 17, 1:59 PM
    Fake charities - beware. 22nd Jan 17 at 1:59 PM
    Yetserday, I had a plastic bag put through my door from "Against breast cancer", - which I believe to be genuine and above board.

Today however, I have had a plastic bag from a "charity" called "Do not delay!".

I decided to investigate a bit further, and I think this one is a scam.
    There is a company name on the back - Intersecond Ltd, which is the UK agent for Nedelsk (registered in Lithuania).
    After a bit of digging on the net, I came up with some information:

http://www.charitybags.org.uk/clothing_collections/clothing_collections_intersecond_azzara_do_not_del ay.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_hZHCXjDs
Page 1
    • ColinFishwick
    • By ColinFishwick 22nd Jan 17, 4:26 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    ColinFishwick
    • 22nd Jan 17, 4:26 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 4:26 PM
    I dont give to any bags delivered because I am sick of companies running these only to give very little or nothing at all to charity. I wont ever give to chuggers either. I have even heard stories of people stealing bags outside homes and outside charity shops. When i give I go inside the charity shop and donate that way usually unwanted things
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 22nd Jan 17, 6:06 PM
    • 11,323 Posts
    • 14,862 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 22nd Jan 17, 6:06 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 6:06 PM
    Yetserday, I had a plastic bag put through my door from "Against breast cancer", - which I believe to be genuine and above board.

Today however, I have had a plastic bag from a "charity" called "Do not delay!".

I decided to investigate a bit further, and I think this one is a scam.
    There is a company name on the back - Intersecond Ltd, which is the UK agent for Nedelsk (registered in Lithuania).
    After a bit of digging on the net, I came up with some information:

http://www.charitybags.org.uk/clothing_collections/clothing_collections_intersecond_azzara_do_not_del ay.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_hZHCXjDs
    Originally posted by andygb
    I've encountered these muppets before - I've issued a Withdrawal of Implied Right of Access (WOIRA) to Intersecond and they still breach it when in my area.

They don't respond to emails, so if they do it again, I'll be paying their offices a visit...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 22nd Jan 17, 6:10 PM
    • 7,279 Posts
    • 15,642 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 22nd Jan 17, 6:10 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 6:10 PM
    These bags (and we receive many - sometimes three a week) make great rubbish bags and save me money on binliners.

When I donate goods to charity, I prefer to choose who to donate to. I take things directly to local charity shops.
    • andygb
    • By andygb 22nd Jan 17, 7:11 PM
    • 11,751 Posts
    • 25,325 Thanks
    andygb
    • 22nd Jan 17, 7:11 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 7:11 PM
    These bags (and we receive many - sometimes three a week) make great rubbish bags and save me money on binliners.

When I donate goods to charity, I prefer to choose who to donate to. I take things directly to local charity shops.
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue

I think I will start doing that, this is a moneysaving forum after all - good tip kingfisherblue
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 22nd Jan 17, 11:21 PM
    • 8,738 Posts
    • 24,620 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    • 22nd Jan 17, 11:21 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 11:21 PM
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue
    Agreed!

I use bags for life (and have since long before the 5p charge came in) and haven't had to buy bin liners for probably 4-5 years. I do donate to charities, but not on the street or through collection bags etc, or by Direct Debit for that matter (as I got fed up with one asking for more every few months).
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 24th Jan 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,639 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 24th Jan 17, 4:34 PM
    • 24th Jan 17, 4:34 PM
    Another vote for : use them as bin bags!
    oh and the wrapper they come in is also recycled- a friend is always looking for lightweight packaging for her ebay sales!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,909Posts Today

5,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin