Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 21st Jan 17, 4:23 PM
    • 2,206Posts
    • 4,743Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Compulsory Smart Meters.
    • 21st Jan 17, 4:23 PM
    Compulsory Smart Meters. 21st Jan 17 at 4:23 PM
    On behalf of mum!

She came home to a letter, from Eon, saying she had to have a smart meter fitted.

Des she have to?

Also how big are they as this seems to be her biggest concern.

Thanks
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
Page 8
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 18th May 17, 12:24 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    EachPenny
    It's in the Labour manifesto, so maybe you should switch side.
    Originally posted by lstar337
    Damn! That's another idea they have stolen off me Although what I saw in the news only mentioned the grid rather than the supply side, so excuse my failure to keep up to date.

The only side I'm on would be the Monster Raving Loonies... I would happily stand for them on a ticket of free gas and electric for everybody, except for anyone earning over 100k a year.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 18th May 17, 12:56 PM
    • 3,058 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    lstar337
    They could but only foolish are going to vote for the unelectable, whole election was called because it was a free lunch, virtually guaranteed to extend ConGov for 5 more years.
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    Been reading the biased press have we?
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 18th May 17, 12:58 PM
    • 3,058 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    lstar337
    Damn! That's another idea they have stolen off me Although what I saw in the news only mentioned the grid rather than the supply side, so excuse my failure to keep up to date.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    There's a lot in the Labour manifesto that isn't mentioned news, unless it's to bash it of course.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 18th May 17, 1:35 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    EachPenny
    There's a lot in the Labour manifesto that isn't mentioned news, unless it's to bash it of course.
    Originally posted by lstar337
    Ah, but does it qualify as 'news' - if its just a reprint of the 1983 edition?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't think any of the parties currently offer anything that voters can really get excited about. This election may go down in history as the most boring protracted one ever... which is hardly surprising a year on from the Brexit vote.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 18th May 17, 5:01 PM
    • 26,531 Posts
    • 12,773 Thanks
    Cardew
    Ah, but does it qualify as 'news' - if its just a reprint of the 1983 edition?
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    Michael Foot's 1983 manifesto was right wing compared to this 2017 effort. Foot, like Corbyn, was/is patently sincere, but led Labour to their lowest share of the Vote since World War One.

At least Foot resigned, I wonder if Corbyn will do the same?
    Last edited by Cardew; 18-05-2017 at 5:55 PM.
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 18th May 17, 6:55 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 869 Thanks
    DavidP24
    It is only for the ConGov to lose and it would not be the first time that happened.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,942Posts Today

7,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin