Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 21st Jan 17, 2:51 PM
    • 190Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Power Kitten
    Sky & TalkTalk Conflict
    • 21st Jan 17, 2:51 PM
    Sky & TalkTalk Conflict 21st Jan 17 at 2:51 PM
    I switched to Sky from TalkTalk last year, with the understanding that they take care of the transfer and inform TT. Unfortunately this hasn't happened, and TT have kept on charging me. I've contacted both, and they both blame each other.

Any advice on how to resolve this would be great, as I don't particularly like paying for both.
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 21st Jan 17, 5:11 PM
    • 7,503 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 21st Jan 17, 5:11 PM
    • 21st Jan 17, 5:11 PM
    You did actually speak with Sky and asked them to migrate you from TalkTalk, then received relevant paperwork ?

You were out of your minimum term with TalkTalk at the time of transfer ?
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 23rd Jan 17, 1:31 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Power Kitten
    • 23rd Jan 17, 1:31 AM
    • 23rd Jan 17, 1:31 AM
    1. Sky state that they take care of the whole thing, so no contact from me necessary.

2. They just charge a termination fee if it's before the contract is up.
  • TalkTalk Company Representative
    • 26th Jan 17, 3:55 PM
    • 26th Jan 17, 3:55 PM
    Hi Power Kitten,

You would have needed to contact our loyalty team to place a cancellation order. If the account is still active, I would advise getting in touch with us.

Thanks
    Abbie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • verityboo
    • By verityboo 26th Jan 17, 4:01 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,046 Thanks
    verityboo
    • 26th Jan 17, 4:01 PM
    • 26th Jan 17, 4:01 PM
    Hi Power Kitten,

You would have needed to contact our loyalty team to place a cancellation order. If the account is still active, I would advise getting in touch with us.

Thanks
    Abbie
    Originally posted by TalkTalk Company Representative
    Why would they need to do that when the OFCOM website states

'You only need to contact the provider you wish to switch to, who will notify your old provider of the intended transfer - you do not need to cancel your contract with your old provider. '

Are Talk Talk above the rules?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 26th Jan 17, 6:02 PM
    • 7,503 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 26th Jan 17, 6:02 PM
    • 26th Jan 17, 6:02 PM
    1. Sky state that they take care of the whole thing, so no contact from me necessary.

2. They just charge a termination fee if it's before the contract is up.
    Originally posted by Power Kitten

1)What I meant to check was that you actually requested Sky to take your line and they sent you paperwork confirming the takeover.

2) I wondered whether they were taking instalments to cover a termination fee which was quite large.

As above: Why do TalkTalk want someone to cease with them, when they require migration ? Of TalkTalk don't follow the rules they need reporting to Ofcom.
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 21st Feb 17, 6:08 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Power Kitten
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:08 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:08 PM
    1. I just made the application to Sky for a new account. I got all the paperwork to confirm that, but specific mention of a takeover from TT, no. But my understanding is that this isn't really relevant. It really is supposed to be as simple as just applying for a new account and not worrying about the rest.

2. No, they were billing me the usual monthly sum, with no indication of a final bill. I have that now, but I'm still arguing about the end date.

The response from the TT person here does seem to indicate that they were the problem rather than Sky, however. All communications with these people are a complete pain, it seems.
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 21st Feb 17, 6:12 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Power Kitten
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:12 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:12 PM
    Anyway. If anybody has any ideas on how to solve this, I'd be grateful. Talking to customer services on either side doesn't get me anywhere. I'm sure this situation isn't unusual, too.
    • smitchy73
    • By smitchy73 21st Feb 17, 6:39 PM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 2,903 Thanks
    smitchy73
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:39 PM
    • 21st Feb 17, 6:39 PM
    I'm sure I had a similar problem a few years back but I can't remember if it was from Sky to Talktalk or vice versa.
    From memory, I think Sky had to pay someone to move the connection and they always dragged their heals in this process, and if I'm right sky would blame TT, and it was a TT rep that told me they were always experiencing this specific problem.
    2015/16 - 200 High Street Vouchers/Vodafone Prize pack+Beats Headphones(600)
    Thanks to all the comp posters.
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 21st Feb 17, 6:51 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    anactuary
    I got the following address details from the Ombudsman when I had an issue:

Head of Complaints - CEO's Office
    TalkTalk Group
    P.O. Box 344, Unit 19,
    Southampton,
    SO30 2NP

It was then resolved quite quickly with 50 compensation for my trouble, although I had to push for it.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Feb 17, 9:28 AM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Sounds like Sky have provisioned a "new line" -did you keep your phone number ?? If Sky have treated it as a new connection, then TT will not be informed.
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 6th Mar 17, 3:44 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Power Kitten
    Thanks for responses and especially for that address.
  • TalkTalk Company Representative
    Hi Power Kitten,

Did you get a new landline number when you moved to Sky? If so this would mean any services you had with TalkTalk wouldn't be cancelled as part of your order with Sky. Your services would only be cancelled if you moved the number you had with TalkTalk over to Sky.

Thanks
    Emma
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Power Kitten
    • By Power Kitten 16th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Power Kitten
    If anybody is interested, I've just had this resolved after taking it to Sky's CEO. They hadn't informed TT of the change as it was a new order, but they acknowledge that the website is misleading in stating that the switch team take care of everything, and apologised. Sky account credited with the sum of TT's closing bill.
    • makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 16th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    how much compensation have you asked for
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 30th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1,516 Posts
    • 904 Thanks
    DavidP24
    I have heard of this happening a dozen times, just another reason to stay away from TalkTalk, they will also charge you for a month after service, you then need to check they credit you back because they have admitted it does not always happen.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

2,068Users online

Martin's Twitter