Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 20th Jan 17, 1:04 PM
    • 5,368Posts
    • 5,401Thanks
    StaffsSW
    Gladstones & UK PME - Speculative LBC?
    • 20th Jan 17, 1:04 PM
    Gladstones & UK PME - Speculative LBC? 20th Jan 17 at 1:04 PM
    It's no secret that I've had a number of run-ins with the above company, but I have two LBC on my desk that are from a client called "UK Parking Management and Enforcement Ltd" for tickets allegedly issued at Aviator Way, near Manchester Airport.

We have no record of either registration, and no record of any tickets on our database that fit with that location or issuer.

So I've tried to call Gladstones... First call was through to some jumped up snotty lass called Ellie and got nowhere, but the second call was interesting.... No surprise, but interesting.

I asked for a copy of any paperwork they have received - "None so far, we only get that from the client if it goes to a defended claim"

"How do you know if you have a valid claim to pursue, do you have any due diligence or sense checks on the paperwork?"

"We don't, we just take brief details from the client and process them"

"So you are putting your name to a legal document that you can not confirm is valid and truthful?"

"ermmm yes."

All my work calls are recorded. This one is being saved for future use. I'm tempted to sit this one out and wait for the full claim to add to my list of current of pending claims and see how far it gets.

The other suspicious issue is (UKPME) UK Parking Management and Enforcement Ltd have no valid contact number listed anywhere - the numbers I can find either cut off or get stuck in a nondescript queue - 0844 884 8834 or 0845 591 3109. Alexander Amir Madani-Nejad is a ghost - only ever registered at PO Boxes or managed office suites, no trace of him on any electoral role or credit searches....

The more I get deal with these IPC Gladstones IAS Will Hurley John Davies lot, the more I'm convinced it is all an orchestrated scam, and they are not even trying to hide it now.

(is MSE still well ranked for Google indexing?!)
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Jan 17, 1:46 PM
    • 14,983 Posts
    • 23,543 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 20th Jan 17, 1:46 PM
    • 20th Jan 17, 1:46 PM
    Is Aviator Way public highway? GSM shows a well maintained road, wall-to-wall DYLs and official-looking markings denoting cycle paths.

Call to the council needed methinks.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 20th Jan 17, 2:02 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 5,401 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 20th Jan 17, 2:02 PM
    • 20th Jan 17, 2:02 PM
    I've spoken with Manchester Business Park who confirmed they manage their own barrier controlled parking, but suggested I try Regus further down.

Very helpful woman at Regus said they do "employ" UKPME, but are not allowed to get involved in any disputes or queries. I asked if she had any contact details, but only had the same number as above. They work on a permit system apparently, which must be a real cash cow for the type of visitors that tend to arrive at Regus offices.

She didn't know who at Regus "employed" them, whether it was locally or nationally, and she wasn't sure who owned the land. To be fair to her she was as helpful as she could be. This makes interesting reading in light of this mornings events though - http://assets.regus.com/governance/statement-of-commitment.pdf

I've written to Gladstones, formally replied to their LBC calling it fraudulent and requested that they issue a claim for both to discuss it in front of a judge.

I've got 4 ongoing claims, another 2 will make no difference.
    Last edited by StaffsSW; 20-01-2017 at 2:04 PM.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 5,401 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    And another two court claims from UKPME for the same location arrived today.

Curiously these ones have come direct, and Gladstones have not been instructed.

The battle continues...
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    The LBC has come direct from the PPC without any prior documentation on the alleged parking infringement?

That is very odd. Especially if you consider that they have got your address for the LBC but not for the NtK or any prior communications ...

Have the two from January materialised into MCOL's yet?
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 5,401 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 12th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    No LBC on these latest two, but we did get the NtK and responded accordingly.

The original LBC from gladstones were not our vehicles, but we did end up with two court claims for vehicles that are registered to us, and another 2 arrived today. The first two have been transferred to the court that I can see from my office window, and I will push for these 2 to be transferred there as well.

I really want my day in court, but Gladstones keep discontinuing their claims against me.
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Apr 17, 2:54 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Apr 17, 2:54 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 2:54 PM
    And another two court claims from UKPME for the same location arrived today.

Curiously these ones have come direct, and Gladstones have not been instructed.
    and another 2 arrived today
    I will push for these 2 to be transferred there as well.
    Ok, so the two court claims that arrived today (without prior LBCs?) are directly from the PPC and not Gladstones?
    So you have four court claims 2 x Gladstones and 2 x PPC ...

The other two were not for your vehicles yet you received court claims from Gladstones regardless - how did they end up?
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Apr 17, 3:53 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 5,401 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:53 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:53 PM
    Ok, so the two court claims that arrived today (without prior LBCs?) are directly from the PPC and not Gladstones?
    So you have four court claims 2 x Gladstones and 2 x PPC ...
    Originally posted by safarmuk
    Correct - pretty much using a copy & paste defence as they are all at the same location.

The other two were not for your vehicles yet you received court claims from Gladstones regardless - how did they end up?
    Originally posted by safarmuk
    I only got the LBC for the two that were not registered to me - to date I've not received a court claim, but I have found out who owns one of those vehicles.

I'm going to the site next week to discuss the matter with a few people there.

It would terribly bad form if I parked without a permit...
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    It would terribly bad form if I parked without a permit...
    Hahahahahaha ...

Correct - pretty much using a copy & paste defence as they are all at the same location.
    Seriously though ... surely the PPC have to issue a LBC before going straight to a Court Claim? The procedure is the LBC allows this to be settled before Court Action (not that you would) and allows you to respond. This seems like a procedure error.

I only got the LBC for the two that were not registered to me - to date I've not received a court claim, but I have found out who owns one of those vehicles.
    How an earth can a PPC send out a LBC to a Registered Keeper for a car that they are not the Registered Keeper ... unless you were named as the driver by someone?
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Apr 17, 4:17 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 5,401 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    I think it was due to the conveyor belt process that goes on at the finest legal establishment in Cheshire. My details were mixed up with somebody else vehicle, although from speaking to other people on the site, a lot of court claims have been issued recently.

The non-compliance of procedures is just one of the many defence points I've thrown in.
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Apr 17, 4:21 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    safarmuk
    My details were mixed up with somebody else vehicle, although from speaking to other people on the site, a lot of court claims have been issued recently.
    That is called being very careless with data. You should inform the other person and they should log a case with the ICO ... it will take time (~90 days) but when/if the case is upheld the ICO will write to Cheshire's finest and keep that letter on file... once that file gets too thick they may step in.

The non-compliance of procedures is just one of the many defence points I've thrown in.
    Totally, odd that the PPC seems to be cutting out Cheshire's finest.
    • Ohlavache
    • By Ohlavache 1st Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ohlavache
    Hi, I've just received a Country Court claim from Gladstones on behalf of UK Parking Management & Enforcement for "breaching the terms of parking on the land at 3000 Aviator Way M22 5TG". I don't quite know what to do. My friend pulled of the road to take a call- they have sent pics of the car, but then I don't dispute the car was there. The driver of the car didn't see a sign and didn't get a parking charge there and then. I didn't receive PCN in the post until 6 months later (we moved house). I didn't receive a LBC (or I did but it had the wrong reg number)....

They are now claiming 234.01- my husband thinks we should pay- I would HATE to do it on principle, but I'm not sure I can contest it?

Do you have a picture of the sign saying "no parking" at this particular site?

Many thanks for any help
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 1st Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 562 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    safarmuk
    @Ohlavache, first things first - 1) read the "Newbies" thread on the forum if you haven't done that already (you can get to it by going to the top of this page clicking on "Parking Tickets, Fines ..." which takes you back to the main page where you will see the "Newbies" thread at the top)
    2) Then you need to start your own thread posting as much non-identifiable information as you can (e.g. remove VRNs, names, PCN #'s, case numbers etc.) so the regulars can then specifically help you on your own thread

If you want to fight this, and I understand correctly you have received an MCOL (Money Claim On Line), then you need to start constructing a defence that will win when you have your day in the Small Claims Court. The regulars will help you construct that defence on your own thread, but you will have to do a lot of the research and leg work. Most of the defences constructed here with the experts win in court (meaning you owe nothing) - in fact four people won in court yesterday alone.

Also bear in mind who is the MCOL aimed at, you or your husband? If you, then you can attend court and defend it yourself. If your husband then he will have to attend BUT you can be his Lay Rep and do all the talking (but I cannot stress enough he must attend)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,156 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It would be plain stupid to pay over £230 because even if lost on court, a person would pay under that (and no CCJ, nothing to affect your credit rating because you would then pay whatever the Judge said, about £160 in cases lost). These robo-claims are done to intimidate people and what you don't know is we have 100% record here for defences. We know what to do and how to do it and when. Four were won yesterday v Gladstones (none lost):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5657875

Start your own thread. You are RIGHT to defend this. Read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread and get AOS done online.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ohlavache
    • By Ohlavache 12th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ohlavache
    Hi both and thanks.

I did start my own thread (unable to link as I'm a newbie, sorry). I also got locked out of here for forgetting my log in, but thankfully I got great help from BMPA.

I have sent in my MCOL acknowledgement and defence but have not yet received a DQ- how long will that take?

Many thanks,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,156 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A few weeks. CCBC is behind with paperwork.

You need your own new thread (again) at Witness Statement/evidence stage.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin