Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rob83
    • By Rob83 19th Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rob83
    Contractual parking charge final notice g24
    • 19th Jan 17, 12:52 PM
    Contractual parking charge final notice g24 19th Jan 17 at 12:52 PM
    Hey just wondering is there any chance for advise?
    Around end of November 2016 I got a parking ticket from company called G24 they give me a chance to pay less if payment made within 14 days £60 so I went online and came across this forum and took advice to complain to retailer "Sports Direct " they completely ignored me not replaying to my email . Christmas period was a bit more intense this year and I completely forgot about that ticket up till couple of days ago when I received Final notice letter reminding me to pay £100 .I know you advised to always appeal but I didn't because completely forgot and I don't know what to do now should I pay ? Please advise at you earliest convinience and thank you .
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Jan 17, 12:58 PM
    • 14,767 Posts
    • 18,573 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Jan 17, 12:58 PM
    • 19th Jan 17, 12:58 PM
    same as the other ones , like this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5560088

its appeal + ignore

OR

ignore

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within 6 years

and try to get the landholder to cancel it if you can (complain)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Jan 17, 1:29 PM
    • 5,516 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Jan 17, 1:29 PM
    • 19th Jan 17, 1:29 PM
    IGNORE IT.

Even if you had appealed it falls on deaf because they belong to a pretend sham organisation called IPC/IAS run by Gladstones solicitors who are in turn incompetent as you will see on here.

G24 don't do court because some time ago, the courts cost them a lot of money.

You can expect a few months of crazy debt collectors begging for money but you simply ignore them because there is ZERO they can do.
    Only G24 can take it further and that is very doubtful

Sports Direct are an ignorant company both to their own staff and customers alike.

A warning on their facebook page about the company and the car park are in order and Trip Advisor works well.

Do not contact G24 at any time as these parking companies employ nasty little rats to make threats.
    Never ever say who the driver was.

Just wait now to see what they do, probably nothing
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jan 17, 12:26 PM
    • 48,217 Posts
    • 61,688 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Jan 17, 12:26 PM
    • 20th Jan 17, 12:26 PM
    Hey just wondering is there any chance for advise?
    Around end of November 2016 I got a parking ticket from company called G24 they give me a chance to pay less if payment made within 14 days £60 so I went online and came across this forum and took advice to complain to retailer "Sports Direct " they completely ignored me not replaying to my email .

Christmas period was a bit more intense this year and I completely forgot about that ticket up till couple of days ago when I received Final notice letter reminding me to pay £100 .

I know you advised to always appeal but I didn't because completely forgot and I don't know what to do now should I pay ? Please advise at you earliest convenience and thank you .
    Originally posted by Rob83
    What happened when you went in and complained to the Store Manager?

If it is a multi-retail park, what happened when you complained to the landowner or managing agent for the whole site (easy to Google almost any site to find a contact).

No-one here pays G24.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rob83
    • By Rob83 21st Jan 17, 10:33 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:33 AM
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:33 AM
    Hey C-m
    Thank you for all advise guys !
    To answer a question about store manager yes I did complain to him before I went online but he said there is nothing he can do only head office can cancel it rest of story you already know ��
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 21st Jan 17, 10:41 AM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 5,178 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:41 AM
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:41 AM
    Where was this sports direct store? its likely to be, as C-M stated above a retail park where sports direct are tenants
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 21st Jan 17, 10:56 AM
    • 6,685 Posts
    • 5,672 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:56 AM
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:56 AM
    Go on SD's Facebook page and write some very bad stuff. Also Twitter etc.

Also, write letters of complaint to all the retail outlets present, whether you shop with them or not, theses PPCs can only cause them to lose custom.
    Last edited by The Deep; 21-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Rob83
    • By Rob83 21st Jan 17, 10:59 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:59 AM
    • 21st Jan 17, 10:59 AM
    Hey H-w
    It's in Slough and I don't think you can call it retail park there is only sports direct and Dreams there I actually spoke to both they said same thing .Head office of S.D but they just ignored my complain .
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jan 17, 11:51 AM
    • 13,593 Posts
    • 21,320 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 21st Jan 17, 11:51 AM
    • 21st Jan 17, 11:51 AM
    Hey C-m
    Thank you for all advise guys !
    Psst, psst - C-m's a gal.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jan 17, 4:29 PM
    • 48,217 Posts
    • 61,688 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hey H-w
    It's in Slough and I don't think you can call it retail park there is only sports direct and Dreams there I actually spoke to both they said same thing .Head office of S.D but they just ignored my complain .
    Go back an insist. Stand there holding the offending fake PCN and stay at the CS desk till they cancel.

AND complain again assertively to the Head offices of Dreams and SD AND Google the place if it has a name for that 'retail park' and find the managing agents.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Rob83
    • By Rob83 14th Jun 17, 7:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    Hey
    Hope you all well
    Just received letter from GLADSTONES Soliciters asking me to pay £160 fine within 14 days should I worry about it ? They mention court proceedings, looks serious don't know what to do any advice ?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 5,516 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hey
    Hope you all well
    Just received letter from GLADSTONES Soliciters asking me to pay £160 fine within 14 days should I worry about it ? They mention court proceedings, looks serious don't know what to do any advice ?
    might appear to be gladstones but who does it say to pay

DRP Maybe?

Nothing to worry about and DO NOT PAY

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Rob83
    • By Rob83 14th Jun 17, 7:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    Hey beamerguy
    They asking me to contact Debt recovery plus limited and arrange payment or pay online .
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 5,516 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hey beamerguy
    They asking me to contact Debt recovery plus limited and arrange payment or pay online .
    Then it's a scam letter, a letterhead being pimped out for DRP to
    pretend to be Gladstones.

DO NOT CONTACT DRP AND DO NOT PAY

Personally, I would make an appointment to see your local Trading Standards and show them this letter

Not only is it very misleading but it is menacing, it's a method to extort money from you

Real solicitors would never pimp out their letterhead, thus showing you that Gladstones is not an ethical company and should never be part of the SRA, LET ALONE RUN AN ATA

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:17 PM
    • 48,217 Posts
    • 61,688 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hey beamerguy
    Same as all the other cases where people get this letter. Load of trash, a debt collector letter, in fact.

What happened when you insisted on the retailer Store Manager cancelling this one ages ago?

• Rob83
    • By Rob83 14th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    Thank you for the advice and help for someone who has no idea this can be scary not surprised that people pay this fines it all looks legit .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 48,217 Posts
    • 61,688 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You really need to get retailer cancellation to quash this and avoid any court threat hanging over you for years.

• Rob83
    • By Rob83 14th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    C-m there was no discution there just one simple answer from store manager...... There in nothing I can do .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:26 PM
    • 48,217 Posts
    • 61,688 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Try the site Managing Agents, the overall people who run the retail park (Google it and find them).

• Rob83
    • By Rob83 14th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob83
    I think I will try again with retailer I can't afford really to pay £160 and court proceedings sound even more expensive . Will keep you posted .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,656Posts Today

9,444Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin