Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hairray
    • By hairray 18th Jan 17, 7:14 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 32Thanks
    hairray
    CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required
    • 18th Jan 17, 7:14 PM
    CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required 18th Jan 17 at 7:14 PM
    I would really appreciate the advice of members on MSE.

I was recently issued with a ticket for parking in my parking space at our newly acquired property.

I appealed the ticket on the basis that it is my designated parking space and CPM failed to provide me with a permit, I parked from the 13th September to 7th November with no issue.

The appeal was rejected by both CPM and their appointed appeals company.

Our property is a leasehold, I have contacted the land owner who has told me that because I have appealed it, they are unable to assist. They have tried.

Having read through some of the other threads on MSE it appears to be a case of ignoring them, is this the right thing to do?

The invoice started at £60 and is now £100, the most recent letter from CPM threatens a charge of £149.

I am a little worried about it, I just cant seem to justify paying to park in my own space.

They have given me an opportunity to clarify if I was the designated driver when the invoice was issued.

I would be grateful for your opinion on the matter.
Page 7
    • Daniel san
    • By Daniel san 21st May 17, 9:49 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Daniel san
    Thanks to CM for pointing this thread out to me via my own ongoing saga with managing agents and PPC's (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5015782).

Thank you Loc for your time and effort to compile the letters, which I'm sure will be of great use to myself and others.
    • hairray
    • By hairray 1st Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    hairray
    Following LOC's letters issued to UKCPM, the landowner and management company the PCN has been cancelled by the landowner.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to the contributors to this thread. Your advice gave me confidence that I was doing the right thing in having the PCN cancelled.

Our new home is our first home and we couldn't afford to pay for the PCN on top of a newly acquired outgoings. Your time and expertise were fantastic.

I am truly grateful to you all.

Wishing you all the very best.

R
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    • 14,016 Posts
    • 22,023 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Following LOC's letters issued to UKCPM, the landowner and management company the PCN has been cancelled by the landowner.
    I bet it has. Well done (and LoC too).

Will you be pursuing this further?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 1st Jun 17, 1:22 PM
    • 424 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    safarmuk
    @Hairray, well done indeed (and LOC123 for the letters that are being used and/or adapted by countless people as we speak I suspect). Really glad this has been resolved for you.

One note of caution however, UK CPM are still infesting your site and will still try this on with others (and maybe you again in the future). Now the MA and Landowner have got the message this is unacceptable and you will not be pushed around or fobbed off ... if you wished to do so you should really try to make them take responsibility for this by making them put in an automatic cancellation process for ANY PCN issued to a resident or their genuine visitors/contractors upon notification ... no questions asked. No messing around with postal appeals or ringing UK CPMs 0844 number ,,, an email from the owner to the MA saying "Cancel PCN XYZ" and then they do it. This is entirely reasonable and protects the residents.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 1st Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Great news, really pleased for you.

The key to these residential claims is to drag the freeholder/MC or MA into the fight kicking and screaming to make them understand they are responsible for the actions of the PPCs who they think they are bringing in to protect residents but whom they are then allowing them to target
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jun 17, 1:30 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,382 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done to hairray and to LoadsofChildren123! This thread is a shining example for others with residential PCNs.

Hairray, I would now seek an undertaking that any fake PCNs issued to you or your visitors will be cancelled immediately and/or that your VRNs and those of your visitors go onto a white list of exempt VRNs.

Beware that UKCPM will be looking for revenge, not joking, bully boy firms like them seek revenge all the time. They will have marked your card, so you need an undertaking to protect you from the threat of this ex-clamper.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 1st Jun 17, 4:23 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Safety in numbers - could you raise this at a residents meeting and make a joint approach? You can't be the only one!!!
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 1st Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 424 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    safarmuk
    Beware that UKCPM will be looking for revenge, not joking, bully boy firms like them seek revenge all the time. They will have marked your card, so you need an undertaking to protect you from the threat of this ex-clamper.
    This is probably not untrue, at an estate I am helping with one particular bay appears to be getting quite heavily targeted. However in Hairray's case he has set the "fight back" benchmark very high and I think even UK CPM might want to pay heed.

Safety in numbers - could you raise this at a residents meeting and make a joint approach? You can't be the only one!!!
    It's not often that easy LOC123. Some estates with a large number of flats have a high proportion of rentals now and this means that either the owner doesn't care or doesn't even know. One way we have found of getting around this is using Social Media (e.g. setting up and publicising a "residents of XYZ" Facebook group) and asking the local estate agents to send an email to the landlords.

Ultimately, a lot of these Residential Parking cases are going to end up like Hairrays - with LBC's and court cases - but like going after DPA counter claims this takes effort and the will to see it through. Plus on top of this a lot don't have access to legal advice.
    • yotmon
    • By yotmon 2nd Jun 17, 1:23 AM
    • 457 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    yotmon
    Well done ! Did they give any reason for the cancellation, after saying for so long that it could not be done. I hope it wasn't the old chestnut ' As a gesture of goodwill' !!

They shouldn't be allowed to wriggle of the hook after putting you through the ringer. They need to be held to account and fully explain their actions.
    • superkarl
    • By superkarl 12th Jun 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    superkarl
    Originally posted by Loadsofchildren123
    As someone who has just survived a case with VCS at my residence with appox 100 flats, your LBC will be of great help to me.

My MC refused to become involved with my case and insisted they had no power in overturning the PCNs.

Ultimately i need to make our MC aware of their liability for VCS' actions, and the potential legal ramifications as evidenced by your LBC.

Thankyou
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 424 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    safarmuk
    As someone who has just survived a case with VCS at my residence with appox 100 flats, your LBC will be of great help to me.
    Would you be able/willing to start your own thread up and give us some details? It all helps to build and share knowledge and experience to others going through this Residential Car Parking scam.

If you went to the Small Claims Court a court report including the name of the DJ and VCS advocate would be very helpful too.

Oh and finally, very well done on beating VCS.
    • makeyw
    • By makeyw 19th Jul 17, 12:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    makeyw
    Same estate slightly different issue
    I'm on the same estate as hairray but we've got a slightly different issue with the ticket we received. Would appreciate some advice. I'm hoping if this is something that can be fought I could disseminate the advice to other residents and really hit UKCPM. Should I start a new thread?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,382 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, and link this thread in your first post, making it clear you are in the same location and have read hairray's thread.

We would LOVE to see you spread the word on the estate, help other victims follow suit, and kick out UKCPM if possible.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,382 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

I'd like to say a huge thank you to the contributors to this thread. Your advice gave me confidence that I was doing the right thing in having the PCN cancelled.

Our new home is our first home and we couldn't afford to pay for the PCN on top of a newly acquired outgoings. Your time and expertise were fantastic.

I am truly grateful to you all.

Wishing you all the very best.

R
    Originally posted by hairray
    Just to add, you and others directed to your thread, hairray, will REALLY like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5563690&page=2

Makes GREAT reading!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

212Posts Today

1,399Users online

Martin's Twitter