Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code HS6VTG, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 23-01-2018 at 7:34 PM.
Page 8
    • P2P Expert
    • By P2P Expert 2nd Jan 18, 12:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    P2P Expert
    Hi I have used a referral code above and would be grateful if somebody used mine.

I'm saving up to take the kids away on holiday as we haven't been away for a few years.

My code will get us each an extra 1 per cent interest. Please email me if you use it so I can send a thank you.

The code is Z0996W - Yes it is a zero after the Z.
    Last edited by P2P Expert; 02-01-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: clarification
    • Guru86
    • By Guru86 2nd Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Thanks used above code if someone could use mine

• ziggycj
    • By ziggycj 2nd Jan 18, 11:39 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 429 Thanks
    Edit - Thanks to those that have used my code. I'm now at the 5% max so please any new joiners use one of the codes above or any other codes to help someone else. Spread the MSE love .

My code is -----.

Thank you if you use my code. Just started my savings challenge for 2018. Good luck to all savers.
    Last edited by ziggycj; 04-01-2018 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Maxed out, best to use a different code now thanks.
    • Nickym222222
    • By Nickym222222 4th Jan 18, 3:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I!!!8217;ve used one of the codes above, thank you! My code is GZVO3P if anyone would be able to use it for an extra 1% for us both. Thanks in advance!
    • Collett19
    • By Collett19 4th Jan 18, 9:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi, I've used the above referral code.

Here is mine, KCRNYB

Thank you!!
    • topsecrethints
    • By topsecrethints 8th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi All,

Chip is fantastic, have been using it a while now, what a great way to save!

When you sign up, it will ask for a referral code. If you enter the below code:

IFGMHV can get an increase of 1% HIGHER interest rate

Hope this helps!
    • monty_pylon
    • By monty_pylon 8th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    my CHIP account is up and running and a few small transfers have been made. However I shifted about £600 extra into the linked account but CHIP hasn't taken the hint! Is it possible to do a manual transfer, and if so, is there a limit on this?

NB I also have a 1% code for anyone joining chip: K8P40Q
    • artywre
    • By artywre 10th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks

Here is mine, PYI37Q

Happy savings.
    • warmy
    • By warmy 10th Jan 18, 6:46 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 1 Thanks

Here is mine, PYI37Q

Happy savings.
    Originally posted by artywre
    I've used the above referral code

Here is mine M5Y9MZ

Happy savings too
    • Kerst83
    • By Kerst83 10th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    This is great! Got my app up and running too!

Used a code from and can now share mine too. Would appreciate some love - code: YHNVTE

We!!!8217;re working on our deposit to buy a house this year and this app will hopefully add a few £££a to it!

• harveyallen
    • By harveyallen 11th Jan 18, 12:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi, this app seems to work well. I've had it up and going since before Christmas. My referral code is 85SU0B if anybody would like to use it?
    • Brayzle
    • By Brayzle 11th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loving the app so far!

I used a code from here & would appreciate some help to hit the 5% saving!
    Referral Code is NOR207

Please & Thank you
    • brila
    • By brila 11th Jan 18, 5:23 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    *monty_pylon* You can make manual payments in 6 times a month of £100 max. Go to the "chip chat" page in the app and press or type "save". It will ask how much and then you will have the same pending period to cancel as you do for an automatic payment. Wait 24 hours and then you can do the next one.

My offer of £5 for a signup with my referral code (T9C1CS) still stands, if anyone would like a bonus fiver from me as well as the usual referral bonus of 1% interest! PM me to arrange payment by paypal or other method of your choice.
    On a mission.
    • Hcaturner
    • By Hcaturner 14th Jan 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chip Savings App code
    Hi all, I've just started using this app after researching others on the market. Its so easy and simple to use.

Here is my referral code, WJAK94 so you can start saving at 1% instead of 0% please feel free t use it.

Happy Saving!
    • joewestaby
    • By joewestaby 14th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chip referral code
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum part of the website but have been using MSE for a few years.

I am a doctor who is trying to save up to undertake a PhD in the field of sudden cardiac (heart related) death in the young. This is a devastating condition that kills young individuals without prior warning. The charity that sponsors our labs is called Cardiac risk in the Young (CRY). I can't post a link but you can google them.

Any referrals are much appreciated; my code is: TZ402E.

I will make sure to return and post a follow up message removing my code if and when I hit 5%.

Best Wishes and many thanks in advance.

• sanchopanza15
    • By sanchopanza15 14th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Hi all, I've just signed up to the app.

Feel free to use my code: J34B6O

I'll come back and edit my post when I get the 5% bonus.

• poiuytrewq10
    • By poiuytrewq10 14th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    I've been using Chip for a couple of months now and have over £1200 in it through manual saves. I've been moving money from bank accounts that have lower interest rates to the chip account.

I'm not sure how much I should put in there though. What are people's thoughts about the amount of money they'd put in? As far as I'm aware, there is only a small and unlikely risk that the money could be lost.

I need one more use of my code to get 5%.
    My code:

I'll repost if it gets used.
    • ShaksR
    • By ShaksR 16th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi all, I've recently signed up to the app.

Feel free to use my code: FEHB82

• frilbee1967
    • By frilbee1967 16th Jan 18, 12:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi all, I've recently signed up to the app.

Feel free to use my code: I44C9N
    • Fightcons
    • By Fightcons 16th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chip app

I was hoping to sign up to the offer of 3 percent interest but looks like I missed out I have 1 percent interests so if anyone needs a referral code to gain 1 percent interest; here it is...WLJ397.
    We will both gain 1 percent.

Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,991Posts Today

8,643Users online

Martin's Twitter