Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code 0GAX93, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 07-02-2017 at 2:11 PM.
Page 4
    • Shuttle0027
    • By Shuttle0027 20th Aug 17, 12:10 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Shuttle0027
    Started to trust these money saving robots with Plum with great success, however Chip has topped that with it's opportunities to gain 1% interest rate (up until 5%) or £10 for referring others.You also get £10 for joining when you use a referral code from someone else.

Great at sneaking a little more into your savings each month, without you missing the money. Modern day version of Finding loose change down the back of the sofa

Very easy to then move that money back into higher interest savings/bank account.

Referral Code: 6JIJXP if anyone wants to give it a go and get £10 for themselves.
    • ryry91
    • By ryry91 21st Aug 17, 8:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ryry91
    I have been looking into these for sometime, couldn't decide if I trusted them enough but with all the good reviews on here I am hoping this is going to help me put a little extra away towards a mortgage!
    Shuttle0027 I have used your referrer code thank you!

My Referrer code is: H8J7UV
    • infinitygirl
    • By infinitygirl 22nd Aug 17, 6:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    infinitygirl
    Hi all,

I've been looking at this app for a while and am almost convinced but I have one question, can you select which bank accounts it is linked to?
    I have several accounts with Barclays, including my children's savings accounts - obviously I don't want it moving money out of these!!!

Thanks in advance,
    • mcduff1979
    • By mcduff1979 23rd Aug 17, 10:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mcduff1979
    just started on chip, seems almost the same as plum will give it a go..

stuck at 1% interest at the moment so please use this code in the referral and help me get to the 5% cap

many thanks

Referral code is I58B7T
    • Shuttle0027
    • By Shuttle0027 23rd Aug 17, 1:20 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Shuttle0027
    Hi all,

I've been looking at this app for a while and am almost convinced but I have one question, can you select which bank accounts it is linked to?
    I have several accounts with Barclays, including my children's savings accounts - obviously I don't want it moving money out of these!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Originally posted by infinitygirl
    Yes you can select which account it is linked to with the specific details you provide. I think it asks for account number, sort code and cardholder name.
    • Charlie M
    • By Charlie M 25th Aug 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charlie M
    I just used the referral code above.. thanks for this

Please can someone use mine as well : Q0BQMT

I think this will be a great app.

thank you in advance for using my code
    Last edited by Charlie M; 27-08-2017 at 5:51 PM.
    • stepotts
    • By stepotts 29th Aug 17, 11:47 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stepotts
    This is a great little app, the savings build up without you noticing, and it's great for a little rainy day fund or for any unexpected emergency payments.

My referall code is X5RRF2, feel free to use it for 1% interest on your savings
    Woof bark
    • Jln
    • By Jln 1st Sep 17, 9:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jln
    Hi I have just downloaded this and it looks great so far

My referral code is YHYFHD
    • kidsontherun
    • By kidsontherun 12th Sep 17, 12:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kidsontherun
    0BKFL7 is my code, 5 left please use x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,584Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin