Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code 0GAX93, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 07-02-2017 at 2:11 PM.
Page 2
    • mijon
    • By mijon 21st Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mijon
    I've just signed up using mallarddays code. I'd be grateful if somebody could use my chip referral code IEPVPP

Thanks
    • aba2blue
    • By aba2blue 23rd Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aba2blue
    Thanks @mijon for your code, I just used it to sign up!

My referral code is 1UJN75 if anybody else is curious and wants to try the app
    (I can confirm the "1% boost or £10" offer is still on)

Cheers
    • lcorcoran
    • By lcorcoran 24th Mar 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lcorcoran
    Thanks @aba2blue for your code, I just used it to sign up!

My referral code is F0MNDY if anybody else is curious and wants to try the app
    (I can confirm the "1% boost or £10" offer is still on)

Thanks.
    • Amy191983
    • By Amy191983 5th Apr 17, 11:42 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amy191983
    Hi. I've just signed up using the above code - thanks Corcoran ��

Please feel free to use mine. Both 1% and £10 available x
    • Amy191983
    • By Amy191983 5th Apr 17, 11:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amy191983
    Sorry code might help!
    6HRQUQ
    • RubyMaria
    • By RubyMaria 6th Apr 17, 10:44 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    RubyMaria
    Thanks Amy191983 I've used your code!
    Here's my code:
    7JB7YI
    • darren72
    • By darren72 7th Apr 17, 2:24 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    darren72
    I've just signed up using mijon's code.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could sign up and use my code:

Chip Referral Code: GZWFJC
    • dmt491
    • By dmt491 12th Apr 17, 2:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dmt491
    I've just posted on the 'Automated saving Plum or Chip?' thread - been using Chip for just over 3 weeks and happy enough with it.

They confirmed that when you use a referral code you can choose a £10 cash bonus or an extra +1% interest on savings. They also confirmed before I signed up that if you use someone's referral code, you (the person signing up) gets the benefit of +1% interest AND the person whose code you use also gets a bonus +1%.

I'd be very grateful if anyone uses my referral code, which is VVEXM7
    • RSKC
    • By RSKC 16th Apr 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RSKC
    Thanks for sharing everyone
    My referral code is 9CGI34 - you can choose to receive £10 or 1% extra interest for a year.
    Last edited by RSKC; 16-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
    • silolz0rz
    • By silolz0rz 25th Apr 17, 3:01 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    silolz0rz
    Thanks for sharing everyone
    My referral code is 9CGI34 - you can choose to receive £10 or 1% extra interest for a year.
    Originally posted by RSKC
    I have just used your code, I chose 1%

If anyone would like to use my code for referal it will ask you if you want £10 or 1% as well.

My code is: URU4LM This way we both get 1% or £10
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 26th Apr 17, 10:28 AM
    • 10,398 Posts
    • 58,257 Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Hi is it possible for some one to put a link to Martin's article on chip please. Or message me the link so I can find out more please..

Thank you..
    Work to live= not live to work
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Apr 17, 10:32 AM
    • 31,625 Posts
    • 37,303 Thanks
    Browntoa
    here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2016/12/15/get-up-to-5-interest-with-the-app-that-automates-your-saving/
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • callum9999
    • By callum9999 1st May 17, 5:37 AM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 2,375 Thanks
    callum9999
    I have just used your code, I chose 1%

If anyone would like to use my code for referal it will ask you if you want £10 or 1% as well.

My code is: URU4LM This way we both get 1% or £10
    Originally posted by silolz0rz
    I just signed up using this code, thanks.

My code is 0QJGQZ

Interestingly, it also seems to work with a promotion being run by Save the Student (no login/proof of student status required). After signing up via their link (http://www.savethestudent.org/student-deals/money-rewards/chip-savings-app-5-interest.html) I was asked at the end whether I also had a code. I'll update when I know for sure whether they work together.
    • Whycantieversave
    • By Whycantieversave 1st May 17, 6:48 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Whycantieversave
    I'm loving the chip app currently! Has never put me overdrawn and I like that you can set it to save low or higher amounts. You can also deposit money! I set mine to high and I've saved about £20 in 2 weeks without noticing which is rare when it's close to payday pretty impressed!

Please also use my referal code if you're thinking of joining 0PUMUM
    • Shayeg
    • By Shayeg 7th May 17, 1:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shayeg
    Heya, I used whycantieversave's code to sign up. Would be very grateful if anyone wanted to use my code for signing up : 8DIK83 The 1% bonus/£10 on signing up is still going
    • BatchedMetting
    • By BatchedMetting 7th May 17, 11:05 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    BatchedMetting
    If anyone wants to sign up and get the extra 1% or the free £10 bonus my code is FAW4NY

Heya, I used whycantieversave's code to sign up. Would be very grateful if anyone wanted to use my code for signing up
    Originally posted by Shayeg
    Just used your code! 1% or free £10 bonus is still live!
    • silolz0rz
    • By silolz0rz 11th May 17, 2:31 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    silolz0rz
    My partner has just signed up, and anyone who wants 1% or £10 for their savings account use the code below

If anyone would like to use my partners code for referal it will ask you if you want £10 or 1% as well.

My code is: OIY7SQ This way you both get 1% or £10
    Last edited by silolz0rz; 16-05-2017 at 8:56 PM. Reason: mistake
    Debt Free (08/05/2017)
    QQ declined my offer, FOS now said QQ has offered £538
    WONGA result from FOS in a few days.
    • freddiep123
    • By freddiep123 17th May 17, 12:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    freddiep123
    Thanks silolz0rz, I used your code!

If anyone would like to help me out in return please use my code: QO72A4 - you'll get the choice between either 1% interest or £10 free

Thanks
    • BatchedMetting
    • By BatchedMetting 17th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    BatchedMetting
    Has chip started taking anyone's money yet?
    • amaranthus
    • By amaranthus 18th May 17, 2:37 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    amaranthus
    My referral code is 7PNBEI if anyone would like to use it
    Barclaycard - £6,700 at 0%
    Percentage of debt paid off: 41%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin