Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toffee'n'tom
    • By toffee'n'tom 14th Jan 17, 11:30 AM
    • 410Posts
    • 301Thanks
    toffee'n'tom
    What puts you off?
    • 14th Jan 17, 11:30 AM
    What puts you off? 14th Jan 17 at 11:30 AM
    What has put you off dating a boyfriend or girlfriend to the extent you finished the relationship?
Page 6
    • Sjc1973
    • By Sjc1973 12th Mar 17, 9:57 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Sjc1973
    Money!

I spent many years in lots of short relationships (I get bored / boring easily!) and one thing that was a quick turn off is a woman not paying her way. I would never ask a woman to contribute but I notice when they don't.

I always was happy to be expected to pay for the first date but can't see why I should continue to do so forever more so if after date number 3 or 4, if she continues to look around awkwardly when the bill comes and I have already smashed her, she'll get let go.
    Originally posted by sparkychris
    If a boyfriend was going to be refering to intimacy with me as 'smashed her' that would certainly put me off -lol. I don't mind paying my own way though!
    Last edited by Sjc1973; 12-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    • Huwbert
    • By Huwbert 12th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Huwbert
    I would add noisy eating and chewing with their mouth open to my list!
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 14th Mar 17, 8:11 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Bath cube
    Thieves liars and cheats. Illegal drug usage and alcolism. Obese or underweight. Unhygienic. Dodgy in character.
    • RockOnZombies
    • By RockOnZombies 14th Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    RockOnZombies
    1 - Clingy / wanting to be together all the time.
    2 - Actively dislikes all my friends I've had for years and tried to say they weren't good enough for me.
    3 - Financial incompetence, no matter how much I lent her it was never enough for food, bills etc.
    • shyestgirl
    • By shyestgirl 19th Mar 17, 12:12 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    shyestgirl
    Lies - or an inability to tell the truth lol
    Originally posted by alwaysskint96
    I couldn't agree with you more. That's the main thing, isn't it? However, some people, when questioned, just say 'Well,I never lied, I just didn't tell you everything, therefore I was NOT lying' HIDING the truth is still LYING, isn't it???.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 19th Mar 17, 7:10 AM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    20aday
    I couldn't agree with you more. That's the main thing, isn't it? However, some people, when questioned, just say 'Well,I never lied, I just didn't tell you everything, therefore I was NOT lying' HIDING the truth is still LYING, isn't it???.
    Originally posted by shyestgirl
    Indeed it is.

There was someone I was interested in but they said they weren't interested back, which is fair enough.

Asked them a question not long after in regards to something completely different and they lied (I wouldn't mind but it was really trivial) so needless to say 'adios!'

Whilst nothing will ever come of it if they were willing to lie so easily over a small thing it did make me wonder what else they'd be less than truthful over.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter