Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 11th Jan 17, 1:57 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Engie
    • 11th Jan 17, 1:57 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Engie 11th Jan 17 at 1:57 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Engie

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • Keithgetitcheap
    • By Keithgetitcheap 2nd Feb 17, 8:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Keithgetitcheap
    • 2nd Feb 17, 8:16 PM
    Any Feedback?
    • 2nd Feb 17, 8:16 PM
    Anyone any experience with this supplier?
    • Redan
    • By Redan 4th Feb 17, 7:55 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Redan
    • 4th Feb 17, 7:55 AM
    • 4th Feb 17, 7:55 AM
    I'm also interested to hear feedback please in my quest for a collective fix replacement.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 4th Feb 17, 8:47 AM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 4th Feb 17, 8:47 AM
    • 4th Feb 17, 8:47 AM
    I doubt anyone has any meaningful feedback yet as they have only recently lauched in the UK (for domestic customers)

See date this thread was started

Engie, formally known as GDF Suez, have been supplying to commercial customers in the UK, and are an international company. They own 30% of another commercial energy supplier, Opus,
    • iansp
    • By iansp 7th Feb 17, 1:10 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    iansp
    • 7th Feb 17, 1:10 PM
    • 7th Feb 17, 1:10 PM
    I've taken a punt.
    The website looks good (much the same as OVO) - I'll keep people posted.
    • ortolickus
    • By ortolickus 8th Feb 17, 11:01 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ortolickus
    • 8th Feb 17, 11:01 AM
    • 8th Feb 17, 11:01 AM
    I've taken a punt.
    Originally posted by iansp
    Me too. I've just done the June 2018 (rather than 2019) fix which may be short-sighted the way the market seems to be moving... yet again! But who knows in these politically uncertain times? And i feel it mitigates the risk of using a company with no feedback, albeit one that is well established abroad.

So far there's been an efficient and clear email response and an easy online account set-up procedure. AND a freephone contact number, which is always welcome.
    Last edited by ortolickus; 08-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    • Stajam
    • By Stajam 8th Feb 17, 7:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stajam
    • 8th Feb 17, 7:13 PM
    • 8th Feb 17, 7:13 PM
    I have also taken the plunge and switched to Engie. Setting up on website was easy. Had the request to submit electric reading but not yet the gas. My account online looked like I could submit both, so I called them and they said to enter both. When I entered electric and submitted a message appeared to call customer service as they needed to verify. When I called the girl said they were having issue online but expected to be sorted in a few days and took both my readings. I will check in a few days to see if readings showing. First time I called, call was answered straight away. Second time was number 2 in queue which was answered in a few minutes. So no long queues.
    • iansp
    • By iansp 27th Feb 17, 10:06 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    iansp
    • 27th Feb 17, 10:06 AM
    • 27th Feb 17, 10:06 AM
    Had to call with my opening readings, but email response was fairly quick and they've been added online. The switch was much quicker and smoother than with OVO.

Good so far - but early days.
    • Stajam
    • By Stajam 27th Feb 17, 6:00 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stajam
    • 27th Feb 17, 6:00 PM
    • 27th Feb 17, 6:00 PM
    Well that's me all moved over to Engie. Everything went smoothly apart from having to phone to give meter reading. Phone was answered quickly. Overall took approximately about 4 weeks to complete. Would say this has been the easiest switch I have done.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 8th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 604 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    I switched online last night, I went for the 2019 fix. Got emails this morning with a link to view account online and a welcome pack. Their literature promises much, but doesn't everyone's? I will keep you updated on the process. This is the first time I've gone outside the big six and, I must admit, I am a bit nervous. £120 a month is a sizeable amount to me, and I can't afford for them to mess it up.
    At least I have you knowledgeable guys to come to if it goes pear shaped.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • Kastanie
    • By Kastanie 8th Mar 17, 5:20 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    Kastanie
    OK, I'm going to take a leap of faith and switch. Will update as to how I get on. Never been outside the big 6 and, like Steve, feel a bit nervous about it! But that's how they get you...
    • Kastanie
    • By Kastanie 20th Mar 17, 2:21 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    Kastanie
    Just quickly updating...

Requested to switch on 8th March
    Got a welcome pack emailed on 9th March
    Heard nothing til 20th March when I got an email to tell me my switch had been cancelled at my request (???)
    Panicked because I thought someone had nicked my details and cancelled on my behalf
    Turns out that the 2019 fixed deal I'd selected isn't compatible with my economy 7 meter (which I didn't know I had) so Engie had cancelled on my behalf!
    So...asked for details of products that are compatible with economy 7 meters! They will get back to me within 5 days...
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 20th Mar 17, 6:41 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    I switched online last night, I went for the 2019 fix. Got emails this morning with a link to view account online and a welcome pack. Their literature promises much, but doesn't everyone's? I will keep you updated on the process. This is the first time I've gone outside the big six and, I must admit, I am a bit nervous. £120 a month is a sizeable amount to me, and I can't afford for them to mess it up.
    At least I have you knowledgeable guys to come to if it goes pear shaped.
    Originally posted by Shakin Steve
    Got an email today telling me that my electricity was switching on 25/04 and to provide an electric meter reading five days either side. The full letter was delivered to my inbox on their site.
    Gas will take longer, apparently. All ok so far.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 21st Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    Entered my electricity reading on the site today. Accepted first time and already showing in meter reads.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

10,177Users online

Martin's Twitter