Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loosegoose
    • By loosegoose 9th Jan 17, 9:44 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 10Thanks
    loosegoose
    HELP Vcs private land pcn derby
    • 9th Jan 17, 9:44 PM
    HELP Vcs private land pcn derby 9th Jan 17 at 9:44 PM
    hi, I received a vcs pnc windscreen ticket yesterday for parking on private land, the driver was less than two minutes whilst delivering a parcel to one of the properties and returned to find a pcn with a £100 charge! iv read through some of the threads on here but would like some advice as where to start contesting this ticket, what do I have to do first? thanks

Quick Reply
    Thanks
    Last edited by loosegoose; 09-01-2017 at 9:46 PM.
Page 3
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jun 17, 4:11 PM
    • 15,526 Posts
    • 19,617 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, that will be an LBC so you need to reply and refute it , especially if signed by Jake
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • loosegoose
    • By loosegoose 21st Jun 17, 10:05 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    loosegoose
    LBC small claims fight back
    21st Jun 17 at 7:49 PM
    Hi , this is a draft of what i intend to send back to the LBC letter i have recently recieved from VCS. Just thought id run it buy you guys before i submit , many thanks.

VCS Ltd
    Legal Department

Vehicle Control Services Limited
    PO Box 4777
    Sheffield
    S99DJ

21/06/17

For the personal attention of ******

Dear *****

Vehicle Control Services Limited v me
    Proposed Legal Proceedings

Thank you for your letter of 06/06/2017

First, the alleged debt is disputed and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

Secondly, despite the wholly inaccurate statement that the letter is 'fully compliant with the Practice Direction' it is in fact woefully defective and appears to be a deliberate attempt to mislead myself the defendant.

Please therefore provide a Letter Before Claim which complies with the requirements of Annex A Para 2 of the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...action_conduct

I confirm that I shall then seek advice and submit a formal Response within 30 days of receipt, as required by the Practice Direction.

Please ensure that someone does actually read and respond to this letter, providing the specific information relating to the county court claim that your client intends to make against myself as the defendant to the proposed legal proceedings. Please DO NOT send a generic FAQ letter in reply as to do so does not meet the requirements of the Practice Direction and will take this matter no further forward.

Please note, a refusal to comply with the Practice Direction will result in an immediate referral to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for breach of the Principles contained in the SRA Handbook version 8, published on 1st October 2013.

I trust this will not be necessary, and look forward to receiving a fully compliant letter before claim in due course.

Yours faithfully

kdjgntiretjtg
    • loosegoose
    • By loosegoose 21st Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    loosegoose
    Coupon-mad
    THANKS

Are VCS writing to you directly, not using BW Legal in this case?

There isn't any 'Annex A' in the Practice Direction, not since 2015, I think. That's an old letter and somewhat pointless, as it doesn't actually say anything at all.

You are far better saying something like:

You have no cause of action. You haven't followed the POFA, you can't hold a keeper liable and don't insult me with template drivel about Elliott v Loake and/or CPS v AJH Films, neither of which apply. You had no reasonable cause to obtain my data and if you commence proceedings I will file a counter-claim for data misuse and harassment.

yes VCS have written to me directly, not through BW legal, i havnt recieved any debt recovery letters or anything
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jun 17, 10:49 PM
    • 50,173 Posts
    • 63,550 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, so make a robust response, as suggested, not an old one about the practice direction.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• loosegoose
    • By loosegoose 22nd Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    loosegoose
    hi, is this ok , i would like to have tried to alter it slightly but found it hard as you had already worded it so well. thanks.

Dear VCS,

RE: PCN ********

I have received your letter 06/06/2017 where you say : you may commence legal proceedings against mewithout further notice.

You have no cause of action. You haven't followed the POFA, you can't hold a keeper liable and don't insult me with template drivel about Elliott v Loake and/or CPS v AJH Films, neither of which apply. You had no reasonable cause to obtain my data and if you commence proceedings I will file a counter-claim for data misuse and harassment.

yours faithfully

mr
    Last edited by loosegoose; 22-06-2017 at 8:33 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 50,173 Posts
    • 63,550 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Haha, yes if you are as happy as I am with the word 'drivel' which is insulting and might annoy the greedy gits. If you prefer a more measured response, change 'template drivel' to 'a template reply'...

Your choice!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• loosegoose
    • By loosegoose 22nd Jun 17, 8:37 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    loosegoose
    drivels fine by me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,183Posts Today

8,221Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin