Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 9th Jan 17, 9:33 PM
    • 13,783Posts
    • 127,471Thanks
    mardatha
    0 WOW
    Bog Rolls!
    • 9th Jan 17, 9:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Bog Rolls! 9th Jan 17 at 9:33 PM
    I'm trying to sort out a good price for bog rolls. My brain has seized Between Costco and Amazon and supermarkets - is there any one that's a great price and good value?
Page 3
    • robin58
    • By robin58 16th Mar 17, 1:33 AM
    • 1,553 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    robin58
    I find a roll will last months as i mainly tend to go during the day when the chances are i'm not at home.
    Originally posted by boliston
    So basically you go in company time then.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • hunters
    • By hunters 16th Mar 17, 9:05 AM
    • 401 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    hunters
    I buy the toilet rolls for the office, that way I get ones that I like
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 16th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 6,457 Posts
    • 5,001 Thanks
    prosaver
    ive noticed on the cheap rolls the tube gets wider/bigger.
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
    • girlchops
    • By girlchops 28th Mar 17, 1:01 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    girlchops
    I always used to load up on the branded loo roll from Costco because it was so much cheaper but just before Christmas we suddenly ran out when we had loads of friends and family to stay so we gave the Costco own brand, Kirkland Triple Satin, a punt and we really love it. It's thick, soft and more durable than the Andrex or Cushelle they usually have on offer. It comes in 12x4 packs so 48 rolls with 260 sheets each for £15.34 inc vat so for us it's a great but because it lasts and is great value. We love it and will keep on using it. We're going to give their kitchen paper a try too now.
    HTH someone

• jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 28th Mar 17, 9:29 AM
    • 726 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    jon81uk
    I always used to load up on the branded loo roll from Costco because it was so much cheaper but just before Christmas we suddenly ran out when we had loads of friends and family to stay so we gave the Costco own brand, Kirkland Triple Satin, a punt and we really love it. It's thick, soft and more durable than the Andrex or Cushelle they usually have on offer. It comes in 12x4 packs so 48 rolls with 260 sheets each for £15.34 inc vat so for us it's a great but because it lasts and is great value. We love it and will keep on using it. We're going to give their kitchen paper a try too now.
    HTH someone

Originally posted by girlchops
    We've just bought the Kirkland Signature loo roll, but not tried it yet as finishing off an old pack. We had bought the Quilted Velvet on offer at Costco, but its not actually that soft and makes loads of dust. I'm glad to hear the Kirkland brand should be softer than the Velvet.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 28th Mar 17, 12:05 PM
    • 6,230 Posts
    • 3,933 Thanks
    Ken68
    A chap in front of me at the local B&M (11am) bought a whole trolley load of toilet rolls. Couldn't get the brand but wonder if there is a bargain going.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 28th Mar 17, 2:23 PM
    • 726 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    jon81uk
    A chap in front of me at the local B&M (11am) bought a whole trolley load of toilet rolls. Couldn't get the brand but wonder if there is a bargain going.
    Originally posted by Ken68
    Was it Nicky? Thats often the brand in the cheaper shops.
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 28th Mar 17, 2:42 PM
    • 6,230 Posts
    • 3,933 Thanks
    Ken68
    In a hurry to catch the bus, didn't notice the brand. But others in the queue went back to have a look.

Could be Gentle Touch £2.99 per 18.
    Last edited by Ken68; 28-03-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    • oldhaggis
    • By oldhaggis 28th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    oldhaggis
    Today 16 roll packs of Triple Velvet loo roll £4.50 in Wilko (normally £6.50).
    Out of stock online.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 22,576 Posts
    • 46,692 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Today 16 roll packs of Triple Velvet loo roll £4.50 in Wilko (normally £6.50).
    Originally posted by oldhaggis
    Good choice if you like a dusty bathroom!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 29th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 12,118 Posts
    • 11,473 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Good choice if you like a dusty bathroom!
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    ...and a blocked loo! I had to have my loo unblocked twice in one year when I was using this stuff, the plumber said it was a blockage likely due to "things people throw down the loo" and hinted at baby wipes/wipes in general which I don't use in or would throw down the toilet anyway. Yes this stuff has a nice feel but since switching to a less cushy brand I've not had this issue happen.
    • lily117
    • By lily117 31st Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    lily117
    I get a dusty bathroom from Nicky.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 3rd Apr 17, 8:24 AM
    • 7,200 Posts
    • 10,684 Thanks
    surfsister
    wilko have regina for £2 nit sure how many but quite a big pack on special!!
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 7th Apr 17, 7:20 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Have a look in Farmfoods. They currently have "snowman and the snowdog" chrismassy loo rolls ( make Nicky)....in pks of 4 loo rolls and selling 2 x 4 pk for £1.00 . (8 rolls for £1). May not be in all stores and they will be selling fast.
    • booter
    • By booter 22nd May 17, 11:52 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    booter
    Cusheen from Groupon 60 rolls £11.99 +£1.99 delivery
    Just spotted this offer, which seems like a good price to me, (working out to just over 23p a roll) for a 3 ply "luxury" type roll, but I've never tried this particular brand. Can anyone recommend?

Edited to add the quantity *doh*
    Last edited by booter; 25-05-2017 at 1:29 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

402Posts Today

4,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin