Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maxwell007
    • By Maxwell007 5th Jan 17, 4:45 PM
    • 241Posts
    • 79Thanks
    Maxwell007
    TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . .
    • 5th Jan 17, 4:45 PM
    TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . . 5th Jan 17 at 4:45 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Hi everyone

Forumites are also reviewing Toto Energy on our dedicated discussion thread. Join in there:

Back to Maxwell007's original post...

---

TOTO Energy entered the UK energy market in 2016. They are a small gas and electricity supplier based in Brighton. As a new supplier, TOTO Energy was not included in our most recent independent YouGov survey so don't have a customer satisfaction rating.

Direct debit payments will be increased by 20% in winter months (October to March) to cover increased usage but this doesn’t change your overall yearly costs
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 12:21 PM. Reason: info
Page 2
    • assj
    • By assj 28th Sep 17, 11:53 PM
    • 1,990 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    assj
    Avoid this company
    They came to my door and told multiple lies.

Cannot contact the company and they seem to have 100's of complaints online.

The Trust Pilot reviews seem to have been written by the company themselves, I think that says it all.

Please avoid them and go with any other.
    Debts

Barclaycard - £11200 £10506.42

Halifax Credit Card £5834.75
    • 2018PH
    • By 2018PH 2nd Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    2018PH
    Be wary of toto energy
    I recently obtained a quote from Cheap Energy Club and this company came out on top. I contacted them two weeks ago and had no further communication. I contacted them today whom advised the exclusive deal being offered to Cheap Energy Club clients is no longer valid an that for some reason because i already have a smart meter (from E.ON) i can no longer benefit from the deal.
    I am awaiting a manger to call me back to explain but ... already wasted 30 minutes on the phone and two weeks of no inaction!!!
    • Marigold's Daughter
    • By Marigold's Daughter 24th Oct 17, 2:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marigold's Daughter
    Totolly useless
    I signed up with TOTO in May for the supply of both gas and electricity. They moved my electricity but not my gas and, when I contacted them, they told me I'd have to sort it out myself with my previous supplier, OVO, who confirmed that they had never received a request from TOTO for a gas transfer. Gas was eventually moved but then I noticed that they'd not taken my Direct Debit - TOTO told me that I'd given them the wrong information - I'm pretty sure that I didn't as I always double-check these things but, hey, I'm human and I could have made a mistake so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. As I already had a compatible smart meter fitted by OVO, TOTO were able to activate it - well, not quite: they activated the electricity but not the gas, until I chased it up with them. Now, four and a half months later, I'm chasing them for a bill but my email has been ignored and it could take me the rest of my life to get through on the phone (the automated promised call back hasn't materialised either).
    I decided to transfer to OVO because they put up their prices and the attractive rates at TOTO, together with the promised £35 cashback on the moneysavingexpert website, negated the £30 per fuel charged by OVO for leaving their contract early. I very much doubt that I'll see the cashback and I'm begining to wonder if they will ever send me a bill. Does anyone know if there is a maximum time within which a bill must be sent to energy customers? I'd really like to leave this company but I fear that it would just mean more hassle. Would I recommend TOTO? What do you think?
    • charlottes
    • By charlottes 10th Nov 17, 7:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    charlottes
    ive recently switched over to toto and have had problems all throughout - including switch only being registered for one fuel, multiple date changes, long wait times and now my smart meter has not been configured

hoping its stable once they resolve all the issues
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Nov 17, 12:12 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    footyguy
    ive recently switched over to toto and have had problems all throughout - including switch only being registered for one fuel, multiple date changes, long wait times and now my smart meter has not been configured

hoping its stable once they resolve all the issues
    Originally posted by charlottes
    You say you have recently switched - may I ask how recent as you are also complaining about long wait times. Switches take a minimum of 17 days, and may well take up to 5 weeks (possibly even longer)

When switching to a dual fuel, it is quite common that the fuels actually switch on different days.

If you had a smart meter fitted by another supplier, it won't work in smart mode now you have switched to Toto (and the IHD, if still working, will not be configured with the new tariff from the new supplier)

Good luck!
    Last edited by footyguy; 11-11-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Nov 17, 1:06 PM
    • 2,322 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    They make nPower sound positively not quite that bad. Personally, I avoid jonny-come-lately companies like the plague... Better the devil you know, imho.

I know this does not help anyone but thank you all for the warning. Toto sound like a right bunch of (fill in blanks)
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Introducing TOTO!
    Hello,

We at TOTO work hard to provide the best possible experience for all our customers. We're a fast growing company that prides itself on providing industry leading customer service and experience.

To keep on improving, we need the help of all our customers. We understand we don’t always get it right but are committed to continuously improve the level of service we provide.

We're currently fitting 10% of all the Smart Meters in the UK. Our ambition is to provide smart energy at smart prices through a simple switching experience. We're working hard to change and improve the way we look after our customers which we can only do with your help and feedback.

Our online Help & Support has the answers to a lot of questions you may have. Contact us via Livechat, Webform, Facebook, e-mail or call us on 03332107070.

Should you want to make a complaint, e-mail us at Complaints@totoenergy.com, we’re always happy to help.

Thanks,

Jack – TOTO Customer Care Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

2,862Users online

Martin's Twitter